New Moog app - Model D Minimoog

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

chk071 wrote:
Cinebient wrote:Even starsky (he made comparisons between the software and a hardware Model D) said this app nailed the filter better than the others.
TBH, looking back, i don't exactly found his comparisons very good. He actually made some pretty big errors, when tuning the Monark filter in one of his comparison, for example.

Of course, having said that, that should not mean that the Model D app is bad, or inaccurate.
Of course it´s all a personal thing. I don´t care about how accurate an emulation is but just judge how great it sounds to me and how fun and easy it is to program.
Also important how it responds in live tweaking and such.
The Model D app is just my favorite from all software analog synths here i own.
Only P900 has just more power in it´s sounds, especially the saturation is still the best i heard yet in a synth but it seems abandoned and i doubt there will be any big updates and it´s not as musically as Model D if that makes sense.
I also just like the immediate and direct control on the GUI which is the closest to a real analog without having to connect another hardware controller and whatever.
In the last months i really considered to get back to a more iOS focused workflow for synths.
I hope next week Apple shows new iPads.
It´s just my opinion but i find the desktop synths nothing special anymore against these apps for less money and mostly much better for performance rather than automate the shit out of it in a DAW. I even think about to sell most of my plug-ins since they collect dust and they mostly feel more as work and not as fun as these simpler synths.
Maybe i have now the opposite of G.A.S where i´m even not much excited of coming monster synths like Zebra 3 and Dune 3 but more interested in seeing what Moog brings next to iOS and little but awesome iOS DAWs like NanoStudio 2 which are limited but very powerful for performance at the same time.
Then when i see what Beepstreet is cooking with the new modular drum sequencer and Sunrizer 2 and whatever else i see nothing like this for desktop which seems great to use and at the same time of this quality.
I have Reaktor 6 and all kind of stuff but it´s just no fun to use at all these days for me.
I´m getting older and tired maybe and i have not much time but after some years of iOS and mac and using both i guess i see more benefits in iOS apps for me in the future if i mainly want to use one device which is at the same time a wonderful controller and even the single core performance seems better than my macbook pro.
I mean i would maybe buy a new macbook pro instead if i could run my iOS apps there but the latest macbooks seems not that good and all the keyboard issues sounds not good and intel sucks anyway.
Also my mac route is very expensive and i have to stop this since i might look at harder times in the future.
However, at the end all these apps and plug-ins are amazing and it´s up to the musician or sound designer to make the best out of it.
If i could get Logic and P900 for iOS i might would ditch my mac in a heartbeat right now :D
But this could also change anytime again since i´m full into midlife crisis as well :neutral: :)

Listening on headphones. They did a good job but this is not more accurate than the Legend.

By the way it’s free at the moment on the App Store.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”