Propellerhead announces "Reason Compact" (now at version 2.0)

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

iOS only, I'm afraid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rantXkRqFU

Initial release has just 1 synth (Europa, slightly feature scaled down), but more tracks, synths and drum machines are to follow.

* Edit 5/23/2019: updated to version 2.0 and added another synth (Monotone bass synthesizer) and added a drum rompler.
Last edited by EnochLight on Thu May 23, 2019 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Figure? With every uselfull feature, synth, and effect as IAP?
Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function | http://soundcloud.com/bmoorebeats

Does it support MPE?

Can i be a hipster like the peeps in the video when i use it?

Will try it.

Does it do horrible fake singing, illustrated with manga babes we can have an unhealthy and obsessive relationship with?
Can we run 1000 instances of it?
Is it skinnable?
Can you resell it?
Group buy?
Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function | http://soundcloud.com/bmoorebeats

chk071 wrote:Can i be a hipster like the peeps in the video when i use it?
If you have a beard, yes. If not, no.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

I'll revisit once it has Kong (and I can sample with it), and at least 1 other synth. Still, I like where it's going. If they add at least 1 audio recording track as well, I could see getting some real ideas down with it. Right now, I can't use it, though.

But with 1 audio track, 1 Europa, 1 Kong, and (say for instance) a Dr. Octo - sort of like they did with Stockholm for Korg Gadgets - I could easily use that.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Reason Compact is definitely a step in the right direction IMO. Sounds promising what the Props say: "Reason Compact will be developed further to contain more tracks and instruments - including drums - so this is just a beginning."(source: https://help.propellerheads.se/hc/en-us ... on-Compact )

It's very convenient to create something in Reason Compact on your phone, drop it to Files and have it automatically synced to a folder of the Reason 10 computer where you just load it and continue to work.

Really looking forward to see more stuff coming for Reason Compact in future versions! :clap: :tu: :love:

starflakeprj wrote:
chk071 wrote:Can i be a hipster like the peeps in the video when i use it?
If you have a beard, yes. If not, no.
Damn... well, maybe next time then.

EnochLight wrote: Initial release has just 1 synth (Europa, slightly feature scaled down), but more tracks, synths and drum machines are to follow.
this is propellerhead...

the master of the half baked...

did not try the product... but is it me... dont you always have to wait for the features you want with propellerhead... i.e you are always investing into the company for future enhancements...

p.s. not hating!!! i enjoy REASON... but this half baked stuff is true...

one great aspect of this is that if you link your account you get a free copy of Reason 10 Lite!

the forced online-only-design really turns me off.

and not MIDI-support at all.

mindnoise wrote:the forced online-only-design really turns me off.

You’re forced online?

EnochLight wrote:
mindnoise wrote:the forced online-only-design really turns me off.

You’re forced online?
Well, at least you are unnecessarily forced to make an account to even use the Synth.
You can only run it in a very restricted Demo Mode if you have your device set to Flight Mode.
If your device is connected there is no way to get past the online registration scree without registering.

This is miles alway from what Thor used to be...

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”