Feature requests

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer

Hi lulukom,

no, you can be sure that I don't watch football. Sometimes I do not reply instantly because I like to give it some thought. Thanks for the screenshot!

It is not possible to regenerate part of the phrases. Maybe it could be done by masking the unwanted part in one phrase, and placing another short phrase "over" the part.

The separate rhythm track sounds like a good idea. Phrases could automatically adjust themselves to the rhythm.
lulukom wrote:- But I stand by my opinion on what to phrases and tracks need locks to protect against accidental changes successful phrases and tracks! I have said many times I would like to return to the best phrases in the track,
So you would like a lock on tracks? 'Phrase local history' (in the beta version only) was added recently so that no good ideas will be lost when regenerating phrases.
lulukom wrote:- TRACK VARIATIONS it would be good choose a special menu track how often do in the DAW! (See picture!)
Yes, the track header will display more information so that you can access some often used properties directly.

Thanks for the feedback!!!
Attila

Atonal wrote:Globally Adjusting the length of phrases when within a composition:

Would be nice if while within the composition window, user could manually adjust the 'length' of all global phrases ( i.e., each track gets altered synchronously ) from, say, 4 beats, to 8 beats, or to 16 beats .

This option/choice (of defining the length of the desired phrases) is presented/available when a user prepares to load a MIDI file, .. that is cool ... HOWEVER, I do not see an option within the already loaded composition to adjust or change that choice .. should be able to change ALL tracks globally-instantly

regards,

- atonal
Hi atonal,
I am not sure I understand this request. Do you mean changing all phrase lengths to a given length? Only the phrase generators, or all phrases? Please note that you can change the size of all selected phrases in a track by resizing one phrase. This works in one track only at a time.
(When you load a MIDI you can decide to slice up the tracks to phrases of a given size, otherwise the track would be one long phrase)

Thanks,
Attila

--> Hi atonal,
I am not sure I understand this request. Do you mean changing all phrase lengths to a given length? Only the phrase generators, or all phrases? Please note that you can change the size of all selected phrases in a track by resizing one phrase. This works in one track only at a time.
(When you load a MIDI you can decide to slice up the tracks to phrases of a given size, otherwise the track would be one long phrase)

Thanks,
Attila <--
- - - - - - - -
Attila,
I was looking to being able to alter the length of a single selected phrase, and have that choice (change) propagate throughout 'all' subsequent phrases on the same track, .. as well as potentially altering all phrase lengths on all other remaining tracks throughout the composition. ( I was able to extend the length of '1' phrase on a single track, but I could not figure out how to have all the subsequent phrase lengths on that same track to adjust to the new length . .. let alone changing any other phrase lengths on any other tracks .. (it's probably just me .. )

I do understand that when importing a MIDI file, I can define the lengths of phrases for import; however, I would like the ability (functionality) of being to do that SAME THING while already within a composition . . .

Attila, . . actually, the more I think about it, it seems not as flexible and efficient (or even necessary) as it seemed last week ... I can see problems and limitations with existing generators by re-distributing and altering their local control length.

-- atonal

Hi Attila!
Thanks for the answer!
I am very glad that you pay attention to my suggestions!
Now I suggest is also very important for me improving
(You are always go meet the wishes and make it as a musician and programmer!)
Thank you!
You wrote me that you can always go back to the phrase. which is well done with the generator ...
History phrases of course a great thing!
BUT!... How to find my successful phrase if I generated 300 variants ?
I suggest to make opening Inspector history phrases marked phrases-favorites and of course with a choice of favorite phrases and phrases with the renaming in history!
(See picture)
And still need sorting by rating!

Another very important possible improvement:
I understood that you can not do regenerate parts of phrases ..,
I therefore propose to create one more generator!
It is a Universal Generator - Constructor,
which may be collected
my custom generator of of possible units ready!
Need to create the possibility of using several settings of choice simultaneously
(as is done in Toggle intervals )
example in bass generator (option settings ) :

------------------------------------ + Note usage

the regulator
-------------------
| -------------- + ✔︎ Use only bass Note
-------------------

------------------
| --------------- + ✔︎ Use scale Notes
-------------------

-------------------
| ---------------- + ✔︎ Note Octave
-------------------
Well, perhaps it would be quite interesting modal disco bass with the tonic chord support notes .

_________________________ + Global movement

the regulator
-------------------
| ______________ ✔︎ Up-Down
-------------------

------------------
| ______________ ✔︎ Random
-------------------

-------------------
| ______________ ✔︎ Down
-------------------

______________________ + Note Lenght

the regulator
-------------------
| ________________ ✔︎ short
-------------------

------------------
| ________________ ✔︎ long
-------------------

___________________________ + Density

the regulator
-------------------
| ____________________ ✔︎
-------------------

+ Manual Editing

----------------------------------------------------------------------
◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇◇

And all this is one universal-generator constructor !
Yes, that would be just super to have the generator!
Thank you for your attention!

Hi Attila,
would it be possible to enable the manipulation of multiple notes at the same time in the phrase editor? Currently it's only possible to edit Note Kind, ... Index, Octaves, Note Offset, ... Unit, Options, etc. for one note at a time (when I select more than one note these functions are not available). But it could save a lot of clicks and time, if it would be possible to edit at least some aspects for multiple notes.
For example when I have a phrase with a lot of notes and want to change the Note Kind for certain pitches from chord to scale.
Would this be feasible?

Greetz,
Max

Hi lulukom,

the "Universal Generator - Constructor" idea is a good one! I added it to the to-do list.

Thanks,
Attila

would it be possible to enable the manipulation of multiple notes at the same time in the phrase editor
Hello Max,

you are right, this is badly needed. I will do my best to implement this ASAP!

Greetings!
Attila

Hi Attila,
great. Hope it will not be too hard to implement

Greetz, Max

Hi Attila,

I have one further request (rather a minor one):

Can you add a global transposition function for the whole track that affects all chords and scales, be it absolute or relative notes or chords?

If I change the key of the song in the master track, it only affects the section until the first manual key change, which is then unaffected. I sometimes use chords in progressions that aren't in key. Those chords won't be changed as well.

I often transpose the whole song while composing to get a different perspective. (You accustom very quickly to musical ideas that might not sound good to people who hear it the first time...)

Greetings,

Jonas

Hi Jonas,

you can do this today. Just open the track inspector, and add the 'Transpose' variation to the track. It will transpose everything by the given semitones because it works on the rendered phrases and notes.
If I change the key of the song in the master track, it only affects the section until the first manual key change, which is then unaffected. I sometimes use chords in progressions that aren't in key. Those chords won't be changed as well.
I know what you mean. Some kind of global key change function would be good that affects all keys.

Thanks,
Attila

Hi Attila,

thanks for the hint (Transpose Variation).

A global key change function would still be cool, though. :-)

I would like to see the vertical time bar moving from left to right in the phrase editor window while playing the phrase similar to the behavior in the composition window when a composition is playing.
Also I would like to hear real time changes when I move or delete notes in the phrase editor while the phrase is playing without stopping and starting the phrase.

Thank you Jim, I added both features to the to-do list. I agree, they would be very useful.

musicdevelopments wrote:Thank you Jim, I added both features to the to-do list. I agree, they would be very useful.
My pleasure, thanks.

I have been playing around with AGM from Amplesound trying to figure out how this great guitar vst can be integrated with RC. The plugin essentially requires that a note is sent representing the chord to play and another that triggers the style of strum (up/down) and various other articulations. I figured out how RC can be used to create a note that is based on the root note of the chord for each bar and then added some phrases that used fixed notes to send the rhythm so the chord determined in each bar within the RC playback would still create the correct output to the plugin.

Now, guitars generally play ahead of the beat so the last string being strummed is on the beat which means that the notes being triggered from RC to the AGM plugin have to be ahead of time.

With some background explanation out of the way my request is to add the ability to offset the midi being output from RC to the host. Ideally allowing something negative and positive time offsets. Not only would this help in the case of triggering but it would also help when triggering external gear and even a kind of PDC system for those plugins that take lots of processing power to run.

As far as I can recall all the Daws I have used allow a time delay for the playback of midi and audio data. I’m guessing that to provide negative delay requires that all of the other tracks have positive delay delta time added to the midi stream so that the perception of negative time is achieved. I’m also guessing that data is created on the fly in RC and (allowing for the usual Midi buffer) passed back the host and therefore the plugins in near real time.

Anyway, keep up the great work Attila RC is shaping up to be a valuable asset. Before discovering it I used Jammer Pro for many years but love the workflow you are creating especially the ability to try previously generated phrases with a simple click!!
"It's alright to say things can only get better,
You haven't lost your brand new sweater.
Pure new wool, and perfect stitches,
Not the type of jumper that makes you itches."

Sultans of Ping

Return to “MusicDevelopments”