Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
BluGenes
KVRist

259 posts since 15 May, 2017

Postby BluGenes; Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:35 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Question..

when you use the idea tool/settings button, shouldn't the "state" change be passed to the composition? Meaning, if you clear the track settings, it doesn't prompt you to save the composition when you quit the program.

crossovercable
KVRist

305 posts since 26 May, 2014

Postby crossovercable; Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:36 pm Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

musicdevelopments wrote:Yes, currently the bends belong to the track.
I am doing my best to implement storing MIDI controllers in phrases (and notes) in v3.5.
Sometimes I get frightened by the fact that there is still so much to do to make RC equally useful for everyone.
I will keep you posted in this topic how the development goes with the controllers in phrases. I'll post screenshots because it will take several weeks so don't expect a beta version soon.

Thanks you Attila, RC has come such a long way in a short time, you simply don't get that with other software companies, you are lucky even to get a response from them. :clap: :clap: :clap:

musicdevelopments
KVRAF

2655 posts since 9 Jan, 2010

Postby musicdevelopments; Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:12 pm Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

BluGenes wrote:when you use the idea tool/settings button, shouldn't the "state" change be passed to the composition? Meaning, if you clear the track settings, it doesn't prompt you to save the composition when you quit the program.

Hi BluGenes,

Yes, you are right, it should prompt you to save it. I'll fix this, and the other small bug you reported earlier.

Somehow I assumed that people use the "Auto Save Composition Before Quitting" option and do not introduce a new state in their minds whether their work is saved or not. I like the paradigm better when you quit an app and restart it, you can continue to work where you left off. This is how most apps on tablets work. Of course I accept if someone wants to work on a "temporary" state and decide later if it is worth saving.

Thanks,
Attila
http://www.musicdevelopments.com
Music Prototyping And Automated Composition Solutions
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Postby musicdevelopments; Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:20 pm Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

crossovercable wrote:Thanks you Attila, RC has come such a long way in a short time, you simply don't get that with other software companies, you are lucky even to get a response from them. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thanks, crossovercable! :)
BluGenes
KVRist

Postby BluGenes; Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:39 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

musicdevelopments wrote:
BluGenes wrote:when you use the idea tool/settings button, shouldn't the "state" change be passed to the composition? Meaning, if you clear the track settings, it doesn't prompt you to save the composition when you quit the program.

Hi BluGenes,

Yes, you are right, it should prompt you to save it. I'll fix this, and the other small bug you reported earlier.

Somehow I assumed that people use the "Auto Save Composition Before Quitting" option and do not introduce a new state in their minds whether their work is saved or not. I like the paradigm better when you quit an app and restart it, you can continue to work where you left off. This is how most apps on tablets work. Of course I accept if someone wants to work on a "temporary" state and decide later if it is worth saving.

Thanks,
Attila

I work this way just in case I mess up so bad, that the best recovery is just to reload the project. I do like the auto load process, just not save on quit. I may not want to save what I changed, and that could be a lot of changes. Speaking of saving, it would be nice to have a save button on the menu bar, rather than going through the project button.. (and a save as, and load)
dbender
KVRist

223 posts since 26 Feb, 2007

Postby dbender; Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:00 pm Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Hi Attila,

Hope you're doing well.

I'm reporting that the RC VST plugin is again having the problem of preventing Digital Performer (v9.51, on Mac OS X 10.12 Sierra) from starting up.

I previously reported this to you a while back (sorry, can't recall what version RC was at then). Shortly after that, you were able to fix it, and DP started up OK (again, can't recall what versions RC was at then when it was not hosing DP's startup process).

Again, what happens is at the end of DP's startup routine, when it is "Gathering info for Rapid Composer," RC opens, then closes, but then DP is left unresponsive and won't complete the startup process, and I have to force quit it and launch it again. The second time, DP will open ok. I note that during the startup process of the second launch, the "Gathering info for Rapid Composer" does not happen and RC does not launch.

This is happening with the latest version – RC 3.44 – and has been happening with the last few prior versions.

You were able to fix this before, so hope you can again now. I makes it a big drag to have the RC VST installed, and practically speaking means I can't use it given what it does to DP's startup process.

Thank you very much!
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Postby musicdevelopments; Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:30 pm Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Hi David,
the bad news is I did not touch the VST plug-in recently. I am afraid I have not found a good solution, just a workaround when it worked. I don't know why DP tortures plug-ins by quickly opening and closing multiple instances. I will try it today and see if I can reproduce this.
Thanks,
Attila
dbender
KVRist

223 posts since 26 Feb, 2007

Postby dbender; Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:43 pm Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Great, thank you!
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Postby musicdevelopments; Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:10 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Hi David,

you should try the latest beta version (I'll announce it in a minute). I spent many hours with improving the communication between RC and DP9.5 on macOS. It works well here, so no more crashes or hangings. When I mentioned torturing the plug-ins I was not far from the truth; their test function is called RunVSTTortureTest...

Thanks,
Attila
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Postby musicdevelopments; Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:13 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

RapidComposer v3.5b7 is available!

This update features the new Percussion Generator as well as fixes to bugs reported in this topic.

Changes:
  • Percussion phrase generator (full edition only)
  • [macOS] Issues with loading the RC VST plug-in in DP9.5 fixed
  • 'Shared Rhythm' became an experimental feature and is disabled by default
  • Sorting in browsers is case insensitive
  • Fixed: phrase editor displays the original group instead of '{title}'
  • Fixed when the user was asked to save the composition redundantly
  • Fixed: phrase generators could not be dropped on the rhythm target. This works now.
  • Fixed UI issues during phrase and rhythm dragging
  • Fixed button group resizing issue introduced in v3.5b1
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Postby musicdevelopments; Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:25 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

A few words about the new Percussion Generator in the latest RapidComposer beta version.
It is like a simple "idea tool" for creating percussion patterns consisting of maximum 8 instruments.
You can make some very original rhythm patterns. The UI:

Each percussion note has its own rhythm generator. Of course you can edit the rhythm manually if you find the result 'almost' perfect. You can mute, lock or regenerate any instruments, or regenerate all instruments.

Percussion Generator can be found in the full edition only.

Have fun!
Attila

PS: the wiki was updated a few days ago, the chapters are in logical order. There is less confusion, and pdf generation works well!
BluGenes
KVRist

Postby BluGenes; Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:44 pm Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

my beta does not see an update..
crossovercable
KVRist

305 posts since 26 May, 2014

Postby crossovercable; Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:41 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Percussion Generator

Thank you very much !!
magicmusic
KVRian

906 posts since 11 Nov, 2013

Postby magicmusic; Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:53 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

BluGenes wrote:my beta does not see an update..

here too, the button check for beta is miss
win 10 64 1803 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 16 GB Ram, Soundblaster z, terratec aureon xfire 8 USB
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Postby musicdevelopments; Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:01 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Yes, I am afraid the "Check For Beta Updates" button is missing from previous beta version, sorry about it.
I will send the download links to BluGenes and anyone who cannot locate it. Just PM me.
PreviousNext

Moderator: musicdevelopments

Return to MusicDevelopments