Feature requests

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer

musicdevelopments wrote:Right, 'Esc' was the midi panic button. It seemed a natural choice for closing all floating panels over the workspace. But we can change it, I am open for suggestions if you got used to using Esc. You can still right-click on the STOP button for midi panic.

The best would be to be able to fully customize the keyboard shortcuts.

In the long term (not for v2.6) docking the browser panels at the left or right side will be implemented.

Thanks!
Attila
I am not invested on retaining 'Esc' for panic ... only in still having some panic key.

I agree that 'Esc' is a perfect candidate for 'clear the desktop' ... but it is also a step backwards to have to relearn shortcuts.

Looking over the PC QWERTY it seems that 'Alt' is unused ... as well as a few others.

I do think panic should be a single key, not a combo, as in the moment of panic one key is enough to think about.

I don't think 'clear the desktop' has the same urgency. If for some reason 'Alt' single key is not a good candidate, what about a combo with 'C' (for Clear) plus shift or alt?
Help! I've fallen up and can't get down!

Win7 x64 Dual Dualcore Xeon 3.0 Ghz 16 GB Ram. Cubase 6, RapidComposer, BIAB, Abelton 6, Acid Pro 6,Roland XV5080 & Super JD, E-Mu CS PX7, Korg Radias R and MI-EX R, ASR-X Turbo, UAD 2 Quads, stuff.

musicdevelopments wrote:Thank you for all of your help!
These are implemented now:

- Rests variation uses 1/8th beat increments
- Pressing Esc closes all open browser and inspector windows

Thanks!
Attila

PS: going back to fix issues in the VST plug-in...
Attila ...

When you say "are implemented now," do you mean v2.52?

I am still getting 'panic' with the Esc key and only see rests of 1 beat available.

Win7 x64 Dual Dualcore Xeon 3.0 Ghz 16 GB Ram. Cubase 6, RapidComposer, BIAB, Abelton 6, Acid Pro 6,Roland XV5080 & Super JD, E-Mu CS PX7, Korg Radias R and MI-EX R, ASR-X Turbo, UAD 2 Quads, stuff.

He means the next version.

Chord intervals in the composition window:

It would be really nice if there was some graphic representation of the chord note intervals in the composition grid, i.e., root, 3rd and 5th.

Currently all three are represented by a blue bar across those notes under the selected chord. If, for an example, the root could be a darker blue, the third lighter blue and the fifth a still lighter shade of blue ... or alternatively even different colors, it would be a very convenient feature for setting up chord inversions in progressions or for deciding upon what interval to begin a particular melody or other phrase.

I should add that while I recognize that this can be deduced by referring to the root of the key and then looking at the vertical keyboard on the left of the composition window, this is not always convenient for several reasons, e.g., how much the track is zoomed vertically for the display of the keyboard, no keyboard at all visible on an 'add' track, how far and how many chord changes away the chord of interest is from the vertical keyboard, etc.

(Edit: Hmmmm ... I'm now seeing when I vertically zoom a track that the root appears blue and the 3rd and 5th appear green ... but a bit too faint to see when the track height is smaller. Maybe I just want a way to increase the contrast/ saturation, but I don't see anything in the settings that permits this?)
Last edited by como baila on Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

themixtape wrote:He means the next version.
Thanks, Chris.

Hi me again
we have Master Magnet which is great function,
question is
do we have a similar function or workaround for the tracks
i guess it would be greater if we have Per Track basis Magnet.

Edit
i was looking easy way as in master track
but seems i miss that..
we have already in the track right click menu..
so its greater enough!
:)

now i am going to make worst request ever in the music software development..

can i get that nice RC logo as a png image 64x64 or 128x128
to use with my Reaper track template?

:D

This is an interesting suggestion. It can be possible to have the chord magnet enabled/disabled for individual tracks but it will require some work.

In addition I think it would make sense for the magnet to 'restart' at each line so that it does not change the first chord of each line.
can i get that nice RC logo as a png image 64x64 or 128x128
Yes, of course, I'll send it to you in e-mail.

Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

como baila wrote:
musicdevelopments wrote:
musicdevelopments wrote:
Tony, I appreciate not only the self-evident utility of your feature requests, but the clarity with which you explain them and propose ways to integrate them into the program.
Tony is a software engineer, that is why :)
Yes, I am amazed how many details, screenshots and explanation he provides. I am very grateful for that.
That explains a lot. It is great to have him here, but only because we have a brilliant developer who is always listening to the feedback.

Thanks for these great additions to this amazing program.
Thank you for the nice comments guys. It is my pleasure to contribute my ideas and skills whenever I can to help something that I believe in to flourish. :)

Cheers.
Tony

como baila wrote:
musicdevelopments wrote:Right, 'Esc' was the midi panic button. It seemed a natural choice for closing all floating panels over the workspace. But we can change it, I am open for suggestions if you got used to using Esc. You can still right-click on the STOP button for midi panic.
I am not invested on retaining 'Esc' for panic ... only in still having some panic key.

I agree that 'Esc' is a perfect candidate for 'clear the desktop' ... but it is also a step backwards to have to relearn shortcuts.

Looking over the PC QWERTY it seems that 'Alt' is unused ... as well as a few others.

I do think panic should be a single key, not a combo, as in the moment of panic one key is enough to think about.

I don't think 'clear the desktop' has the same urgency. If for some reason 'Alt' single key is not a good candidate, what about a combo with 'C' (for Clear) plus shift or alt?
I have to agree that a "clear the desktop" function does not seem to have the same urgency of a Midi panic function. On the Windows OS, the similar function "Show Desktop" implements a two-keystroke combination (Windows + D) as its keyboard shortcut. I think a two-keystroke combo would be acceptable for a "Clear the desktop" function as well. Which combination of two keys to use for the keyboard shortcut is probably open for discussion.

Regards.
Tony

Perhaps the "Home" key? Not sure if this is on every Windows keyboard and definitely is not on every Mac keyboard.

Or perhaps shortcut keys can become user definable. Although the latter opens up greater possibility for user error and more problems for Attila.

Whichever is decided I think it relevant and important that shortcut keys should be within the established parameters - that is "<Contr> C" remains the established Windows shortcut to "Copy", etc., etc.

JM2C

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

Thank you for the feedback!
Just in time before the next update to be released tomorrow.
I will change the Esc key to something else, maybe 'W' as workspace would be good.

Right, the shortcut keys should be user definable in a next update. I planned that for v3.0.

Thanks!
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

first thanks i miss that png answer :)
now,
not a request or something urgent, just i am thinking out loud,
what do you guys think , if we have ability to select multiple notes in the phrase editor and define the note kind and note offset unit ,( i am not there yet but probably articulations too ) at once instead of doing one by one, wouldn't be easier and useful?

This has already been requested by me... I hope Attila can implement it. It would be a big, big help.

cool i am not alone then,
:)
i should read this 8 pages again with more attention.

but as a quick entry:
+1 Mirror Vertically Variation
as como baila suggested,

+1 The "Manual Editing" (bigger editor size) option for the Rhythm Generator
as tonedef71 suggested.

yellukhan wrote:first thanks i miss that png answer :)
Hmm... perhaps these two 64 x 64 images can serve as temporary stand-ins until you get the official versions. You will probably have to convert them from JPG to PNG, I am guessing:

and

Return to “MusicDevelopments”