Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New What is KVR? Submit News Advertise

Feature requests

tatanka
KVRian

527 posts since 12 Jan, 2014

Postby tatanka; Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:19 am Re: Feature requests

Another request about the idea tool dealing with the workflow (I must admit I have not really worked seriously with RC for a while :oops: ):

- I just worked a while getting some parts together from the idea tool, then when nearly finished I did what I should not have done: I changed from "add new part" to "replace composition" thinking that this would only mean the part I am actually working on....as you know: pufff, evrything gone, sigh (no, not saved before :oops: ). So I would really need another button there just replacing the actual active part not the whole composition, something like "replace only active/viewable part of composition"
bagelfish
KVRer

4 posts since 2 Sep, 2010

Postby bagelfish; Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:43 am Re: Feature requests

I would like to use bluetooth headphones when composing. Although RC can see the 'PYSC' headphones, it returns an audio error message from setup - audio. Generally they work well with DAWs and the Macbook Pro laptop.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
magicmusic
KVRian

513 posts since 11 Nov, 2013

Postby magicmusic; Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:58 am Re: Feature requests

tatanka wrote:Hi magicmusic,

does phrase container now work in idea tool without problems ?

I have tried it out a few versions ago there it just crashes RC, so I just dont use it anymore.

I get it working some time ok. Now i test again with current version and it work. maybe you can test step for step what not work. first try drag and drop from phrase browser the default phrase container generator(which contain 2 phrases) to idea tool phrases if that work and create song is ok. then add rythm in idea tool create song. later add variations and later use your own phrases in phrase container and look if ok.
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

1944 posts since 9 Jan, 2010

Postby musicdevelopments; Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:19 am Re: Feature requests

tonedef71 wrote:Similar to the Extension capability found in many of the phrase generators, I would like to see another option in all of the (applicable) phrase generators that alters the chord notes available to be used by the phrase generator.

Does this make sense, Attila?

Yes, Tony, this is a very logical and reasonable request.
I was thinking about a universal way of adding/removing allowed notes, but unlike Extension this should happen before phrase generation. It is sometimes desired to add a 7th to a chord even if the chord on the master track does not contain that note, or remove the 2nd, 3rd whatever notes you want to avoid. Similarly for scales, you could specify which degrees you want to use, or not use. So this is a good idea, thank you! I will do my best to add this soon.

Thanks,
Attila
http://www.musicdevelopments.com
Music Prototyping And Automated Composition Solutions
tonedef71
KVRian

564 posts since 20 Sep, 2007, from USA

Postby tonedef71; Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:37 pm Re: Feature requests

musicdevelopments wrote:Yes, Tony, this is a very logical and reasonable request.
I was thinking about a universal way of adding/removing allowed notes, but unlike Extension this should happen before phrase generation. It is sometimes desired to add a 7th to a chord even if the chord on the master track does not contain that note, or remove the 2nd, 3rd whatever notes you want to avoid. Similarly for scales, you could specify which degrees you want to use, or not use. So this is a good idea, thank you! I will do my best to add this soon.

Thanks,
Attila

Indeed. Manipulation of the notes would best be done before phrase generation, since all of the other available options and modifiers on the phrase generator still need to be able to do their part. I think a universal method for note selection changes would be great; I look forward to seeing what you ultimately come up with. :tu:
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Postby musicdevelopments; Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:45 pm Re: Feature requests

bagelfish wrote:I would like to use bluetooth headphones when composing. Although RC can see the 'PYSC' headphones, it returns an audio error message from setup - audio. Generally they work well with DAWs and the Macbook Pro laptop.

Thank you for letting me know about this problem. Honestly I haven't tried using my bluetooth headphones with RC. It indeed does not work. I spent two hours with this issue today but I could not fix it yet.
Thanks
Attila
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Postby musicdevelopments; Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:53 pm Re: Feature requests

Good point, tatanka. magicmusic also had the same request.
I will make a 'shuffle' switch over the lists. When not enabled, the tool will use a fixed order for phrases, A, B, C, etc. When enabled (by default) phrase A, B, C are selected randomly from the list.
Thanks,
Attila

tatanka wrote:A little request for the idea tool:

I often just click some phrases together just too hear how they sound in context. Afterwards I began to get a feeling in which sequence they might sound good. Problem: It is not possible to alter the order of the prases in the idea tool phrases selection box.

So it would be really great if this would be possible to just drag and drop the phrases into a wished order (or just have a +/- to get them up/down inside the box if thats easier to program). The arrangement order is not really helpful for that, it comes behind that general order.
magicmusic
KVRian

Postby magicmusic; Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:20 am Re: Feature requests

tatanka wrote:Another request about the idea tool dealing with the workflow (I must admit I have not really worked seriously with RC for a while :oops: ):

- I just worked a while getting some parts together from the idea tool, then when nearly finished I did what I should not have done: I changed from "add new part" to "replace composition" thinking that this would only mean the part I am actually working on....as you know: pufff, evrything gone, sigh (no, not saved before :oops: ). So I would really need another button there just replacing the actual active part not the whole composition, something like "replace only active/viewable part of composition"

the newest beta have merge composition button. so you can mix easy compositons. this is a really good feature, before i start second rc and copy from 2. to 1 rc. but merge composition is the easiest and i wish other DAW have this too. it create new tracks with VST. but better save before you do that. merge composition have crash sometimes on my system, it is a new feature and need more testing to detect wy it happen
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Postby musicdevelopments; Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:37 am Re: Feature requests

tatanka wrote:- I just worked a while getting some parts together from the idea tool, then when nearly finished I did what I should not have done: I changed from "add new part" to "replace composition" thinking that this would only mean the part I am actually working on....as you know: pufff, evrything gone, sigh (no, not saved before :oops: ).

Undo must work in these cases. Have you tried Ctrl-Z? :?
tatanka
KVRian

Postby tatanka; Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:54 am Re: Feature requests

Hi Attila,

Undo must work in these cases. Have you tried Ctrl-Z?

No, I must admit I have not :oops: . Just realized after closing the project....But even if it works would be great to have that additional option if possible, if your working on one part for me kind of more logic workflow to only overwrite this part. Even with the structure view its sometimes hard to really know where you are (at least for me :oops: ).

Magicmusic:
the newest beta have merge composition button

thanks for the info (and the one about phrase container), that sounds interesting, really flown under my radar, so much new things all the time :D .

Hope there is some info about this one, will have to download latest beta and have a look.
tatanka
KVRian

Postby tatanka; Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:56 am Re: Feature requests

Hi Attila,

just another question cause there was some confusion about versions in the forum, better install 3.21 at the moment or the 3.3 beta ? Has the 3.21 already the merge function ?
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Postby musicdevelopments; Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:54 am Re: Feature requests

Hi tatanka,

please wait until tomorrow (Sunday) when the next beta version will be uploaded with all fixes from 3.21, if all goes well.
No, v3.21 does not have the Merge function. I stopped including new functionality in maintenance updates. That was a bad habit of mine in the past.

Undo stores all modifications, so nothing gets lost. If you load that composition again, you can go back in time before the composition was overwritten.

Thanks,
Attila
magicmusic
KVRian

Postby magicmusic; Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:58 am Re: Feature requests

tatanka wrote:Magicmusic:
the newest beta have merge composition button

thanks for the info (and the one about phrase container), that sounds interesting, really flown under my radar, so much new things all the time :D .

Hope there is some info about this one, will have to download latest beta and have a look.

Yes the RC make big and fast progress. New is too, that you can run 2 RC on windows and you can copy phrases between each version. only you need to do, enable in preferences miscelanious editing Allow copy/paste between two RC apps. when you use WASPI output both RC can also play songs
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Postby musicdevelopments; Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:21 am Re: Feature requests

bagelfish wrote:I would like to use bluetooth headphones when composing. Although RC can see the 'PYSC' headphones, it returns an audio error message from setup - audio. Generally they work well with DAWs and the Macbook Pro laptop.

Good news: I managed to fix audio device issues on OS X. Any audio device should work well, including bluetooth headphones. There will be an update (v3.22) available in the next 2-3 days.
Thanks!
Attila
magicmusic
KVRian

Postby magicmusic; Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:50 am Re: Feature requests

musicdevelopments wrote:
magicmusic wrote:there is a velocity generator in RC, but i think a gater that use velocity 7 controller is usefull too. it can use rythms from rythm browser. a gater give nice sounding rythm to music in long notes

Wonderful idea, added to the to-do list. It is not difficult to do.

magicmusic wrote:arranger keyboards have for their melody part a auto harmonize feature. this add some notes depend on chords to the melody play in realtime. all arranger keyboards have this with many option. 5th is easy see what it do. it add a note at fifth. what other really do i do not know. maybe somebody with a arranger can tell what it do Harmonization type. for example korg have this settings.

Interesting. I found a korg manual on the net, but only the simpler options (adding an octave, fifths or fourths) are explained. I should see what the others do in a MIDI file. This is also a great idea for a variation.

Thanks,
Attila

about this harmonisation. there is a opensource version of a arranger keyboard only output midi. it can work realtime and have a sequencer simular band in a box. and in video can see how it works. when play 1 note it choose a note from the chord together with melodies. you can try it out yourself, windows version can download too and in a video it show what note it output. I think such a feature in melody generator or random generator or as phrase variation is a great enhancement for RC melodies. in the video at 1 min 48 you can hear harmonisation in action

https://sourceforge.net/projects/gmorgan/
PreviousNext

Moderator: musicdevelopments

Return to MusicDevelopments