Feature requests

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer

yellukhan wrote:i will suggest one of my old idea again but i think i nailed this time via easy one ( hope :) )
while "Inhibit phrase selection in multiple tracks" is active how about a key combo for unselect all phrases at once?
for example ctrl+shift click to any of the empty track areas?
yellukhan, consider it done. Alt-click will deselect all phrases in all tracks. It will be in the next beta version.

Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

yellukhan wrote: my suggestion is adding also scales as preview target
i know current aim is preview via selected chords
but
if / when you have/use relative "scale based" phrases results is fantastic
you'll able to preview / hear immediately phrases according to current key / scale
so the suggestion is :
it would be more fantastic to have scales here alternatively such as Harmonic Minor ,
Hungarian Maj + Minor etc.
I watched the video in which you played with the phrase preview. It was very inspiring for me. I will add "scale" to the phrase preview of course. Now I see it is badly needed. But don't ask me when the final v2.8 will be released, as the list of tasks is just getting longer instead of getting empty. :( There are a few known bugs too that must be fixed.

Best,
Attila

Yes, Attila, if so continue in the future, as you make changes quickly,
then I personally would satisfy and beta version 2.8. 99 b ))))))))))))
Thanks!
lulukom

lulukom wrote: When I select a scale mater track changes happen visually and only when I stop playback and start playback again I hear these changes! (when I drag phrase up / down).
That is, there is no reaction to changes in scale (by ear) in real time!
I hear that change scale, only when playback is stopped and a new start playback!
I just tried this on OS X and changing the scale during playback was immediately heard. And the phrases were redrawn too.
lulukom wrote: Any action in the program does not work in real time,
Only after the stop and play again. How Come?
This should work well! I can't find explanation for that. It would help a lot if you could send me a composition file with instructions, like "do this and that during playback". I believe you found something wrong but I can fix it only if I can reproduce this on my mac.

Thanks,
Attila

Yes, I will send you video probably tomorrow!
Thanks!

dsan@mail.com wrote:
lulukom wrote:Hi Attila!
When you open the phrase in phrase editor, you can edit the phrase, but now I want to edit the following phrase and I have to go back to the composition ... Need arrow button "next phrase"!
Thanks!
Sincerely lulukom
Expanding lulukom's request, it would be great to have a scrollable miniature representation of the track on the edit page, with phrase sections indicated, to be able to select a phrase for editing on the fly.

Click on the section then and it appears in the editor.

Happy Musiking!
dsan
Very good, dsan! I cannot promise that this will be in the next update (talking about v2.9), but a "next phrase" , "previous phrase" button will be easy to add.

Thank you!
Attila

lulukom wrote:Yes, I will send you video probably tomorrow!
Thanks!
A video is good too, but to recreate your setup on my machine, a composition file would be even better to start with. Or if you told me instructions starting from an empty composition.

Thanks!
Attila

Thank you, I think about the best way to do it!

JohnBullFrog wrote:In my work with digital music I find that one of the most common things I do is UNDO! :) And I rarely use the keyboard commands for this function. I much prefer to have a menu item or prominent button or even a right-click option for UNDO/REDO.
Hi John,
Sure, that could be added at the top of the window, or in the right top corner. I added this to my to-do list.
JohnBullFrog wrote:Another feature I am missing when I work with RapidComposer is the ability to right-click and choose Copy/Paste. It would be great if these commonly used functions were available on a right-click menu like most modern GUIs.
Copy and paste commands are in the right-click menu (e.g. you right click on the workspace around 2.2):

Consider it as a pop-up menu :) It behaves like that.
JohnBullFrog wrote:I just noticed that in the main composition window shift and ctrl do indeed work as expected to select phrases so that is great! But would still be nice to be consistent everywhere in how these selection tools work!
Yes, good point!
JohnBullFrog wrote:Related to my last post...it would be awesome if I could copy variations from one phrase and then paste them into the Phrase-Show variations panel for another phrase!
Right, this is on the to-do list for a while...
JohnBullFrog wrote:BTW, I am taking the afternoon to use RC so I am just listing any suggestions/requests as I go through it. BUT, I want to be sure you know that I am in no way being critical of the program!! It is amazing and I love it!
I am happy to hear that! :) User suggestions are taken very seriously and almost all of them will be implemented sooner or later. Fortunately all the creative people on this forum are actively sending suggestions and ideas which I am very excited about.
JohnBullFrog wrote:As a guitar player, one thing that would be cool is to have an option to display chord forms with a capo at a selected fret. For example, if I am playing an E chord shape with capo at fret 5, this is actually an A chord but it would be nice to have the option to display it as E so I do not need to mentally transpose chords.
This is planned for a long time. Thousands of guitar chords are built in the program, but those are not editable at the moment. Displaying a fretboard is among the plans, but only for/after v3.0.

Thanks,
Attila

yellukhan wrote:Hi there,
i want to suggest a visual addition for the selected phrases
i think picture will explain everything.

what do you think ?
Hi yellukhan,

I think this is a very good idea! :tu: It will be added very soon!

Thanks,
Attila

lulukom wrote:HELLO EVERYONE!
I would like to add ...
must denote color, What quality do are PHRASES!
IE should be seen directly on the track what encoding algorithm is applied to the phrase.
-1 Melodic (eg some color)
-2-3 Chord (eg some color)
-1 absolute (eg some color)
Maybe it will be colored shadows phrases that will turn on an option?
During operation I often forget how to encode one or another phrase

Good luck to everyone!
lulukom
Hi lulukom!
If you click on the small eye icon under the mute button, you can choose "Color Notes According To Chord/Scale/Out-of-scale". I realized it is not fully what you wanted - you need the original note quality, not the rendered note quality. This will be easy to add shortly.
Thanks,
Attila

Attila, I would like to see simultaneously status of all phrases
- 1) how the algorithm, this phrase has been encoded
- 2) The phrase is absolute and not coded
thanks

I found Chris Caulder's videos very helpful. It must be difficult to keep the videos current with so many enhancements being added.

Musical Gym wrote:I found Chris Caulder's videos very helpful. It must be difficult to keep the videos current with so many enhancements being added.
It's an eternal Gym...
:D
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Attila, thank you so much for considering and responding to my suggestions!!

One follow-up on the copy/paste, yes indeed on the main window the popup for copy/paste is fine. However, I was working in the phrase editor and I selected some notes to copy but when I right-click them the popup does not include copy/paste functions. Those would be nice some day if possible.

Return to “MusicDevelopments”