Feature requests

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer

No, no, no ;)
Phrases are not meant to be 300 bars long. They should be typically 1-4 bars long. I don't think it is a good idea to have very long phrases because it is hard to work with them. This is just my opinion as everybody uses RC differently...

Automatic phrase detection is something that is planned for a long time.

This is a really good idea. The progression editor page will be removed in v3, it will be placed as a strip at the top of the chord palette, and as you suggested at the top of the progression rule editor.

Thank you, lulukom for the suggestions. You come up with new features faster than I can implement them...

Attila

Thank you, I can only imagine how much work you do!

And please explain to me the behavior in the RC when the note with the controller pitch band? .. Maybe a note with a value of more than 50 cents becomes note that above respectively scale or chord and note the value becomes less than 50 cents note that lower chord or scale, respectively? Or the RC does not understand this?

No, RC handles pitch bend messages just like normal MIDI pitch bend messages. There is nothing special done with it.

Hi Attila!
My adding:
Very Important! Add to timeline inspector ability to save in a browser progression of master track, depending on the cycle timeline! And to add a dependent on timeline for progressions, while dragging the progression from the browser to the master track.This works very well now, but progress should be dragged only to the area limited the timeline! Of course it would be ideal if the progression could compress and stretched depending on the size of cycle when you drag timeline progression in the master track! By the way, this also applies to drag and drop phrases!
-Perhaps, In the future, worth thinking about that option was to consolidate browsers and inspectors in the body of the main program window (you can push the edge of the window and see the set of their browsers and inspectors in the sidebar)
-It seems to me a logical move "render phrase with variations" in the window, where the variations themselves.And to make a keyboard shortcut .
- And make a shortcut to convert phrases in relative / absolute form.

I would like to write a list of the new improvements (which I wrote) that I'm really looking forward to you:
1.Auto-setting cycle timeline when selecting phrases
2.Auto preview in the browser phrases and progressions
3.Auto-Jumping to the next chord when entering chords in the master track via MIDI controller.
4. Enter progressions using MIDI controller.
Thank you for your attention!
Sincerely lulukom

By the way, Attila, and why not do this: open browsers and inspectors are saved and remain open after the restart of the composition?
Thank U!
with respect lulukom

With the existence of the "Reload Custom Phrases" button in the Phrase Browser, I was wondering if others would find it useful to have a new checkbox setting within Settings->Miscellaneous: "Refresh Custom Phrases at Startup". I would like to be able to uncheck this setting to disable the refreshing of the custom phrase database at application startup. I have a large collection of custom phrases, so it takes quite a bit of time for RC to startup.

If it is imperative that the database be rebuilt from scratch and stored in memory each time RC is run, then there would be one drawback to unchecking the new setting: none of the user's custom phrases would be available until the user manually clicks the "Reload Custom Phrases" button in the Phrase Browser. However, this drawback might be acceptable for those folks who want to use RC immediately and do not need access to the custom phrase database straight away.

If the custom phrase refresh must be performed at RC startup, then is there a way to optimize the process? Perhaps by implementing the phrase scanning to be run asynchronously in parallel, so as to allow RC to become usable as soon as possible without having to wait for the entire scan to complete. Perhaps RC could somehow scan for changes in the file system and only load the custom phrases that are new or have been modified since the last phrase refresh; maybe RC is already doing this.
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

Excellent suggestion, it makes sense.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

I was thinking about the same! I was planning to load the phrases asynchronously in v3.0, but now already two people requested it, so I will add it in the next update.

Thank you!
Attila

^^^^ sounds fantastic :party:

Hi Attila,

Thank you for the v2.82 update! Are there any plans to be able to be able to fully utilize two monitors? Or, to allow the Inspectors to able to float like the Chord Palette?

Thanks!
Forrest

Hi Forrest,

yes, both of these are planned to be added.

Thanks,
Attila

Thank you, Attila!!

May I suggest another little adjustment in the default values?

If our others friends agree, I suggest you, Attila, to make ticked by default the checkbox "Harmonize chords to match scale" in the "Master Track" dialog box. In the common compositions (except obviously in jazz and ethnic scales) it is probably the most useful to have it ticked by default, at least for efficient transpositions of a whole song.

If there is a strong opposition, no problem of course, I'll make as I did until now: tick it myself.

Agree?
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Return to “MusicDevelopments”