Feature requests

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer

Hi Elyos,

it is interesting, but the same (freehand) feature was implemented in RapidComposer years ago, together with the 'Line' tool. The 'Freehand' drawing inserted musical notes (snapped to the current scale or chord) on the curve that you were drawing, but the feature was removed temporarily because at that time I did not find it useful. I did not get the results that I expected. This will have to be revisited soon.

The rendering of the curve is ugly, sorry about that, it was a work in progress:

Thank you for your input, and links!
Attila

Hello Attila!
Yes, this thing needs to be done necessarily (and quickly))))))
Sincerely lulukom

This is definitely a useful feature. I am hopeful you plan to include such a feature in RC, Attila.

Thanks!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

Thanks for the feedback! I'll enable this feature then.
I think it would be useful to be able to specify a rhythm that is applied to the drawn notes. That would make it more interesting.

Thanks,
Attila

is this "Good Looking" is V3 ?
I love the colors & Part/Line addition already!

Yes, Attila, It will be very interesting!
More it would be interesting in the process of drawing (for example, while pressing Shift) to finish building the melody with one voice in chords!
I've been wanting to use free drawing MIDI notes, and especially to work with MIDI files, which are obtained from cutting into slices audio (MIDI from REX)
Everyone knows that when the automatic cutting audio files into individual pieces create a midi file with chromatic phrase (from C - 1, for example, to A 4) and a new tool can turn it into a huge number of options, using the rhythmic foundation midi file!

lulukom wrote: Everyone knows that when the automatic cutting audio files into individual pieces create a midi file with chromatic phrase (from C - 1, for example, to A 4) and a new tool can turn it into a huge number of options, using the rhythmic foundation midi file!
everyone?

Look forward to trying it.

yellukhan wrote:is this "Good Looking" is V3 ?
I love the colors & Part/Line addition already!
Yes, yellukhan, in V3 you can customize EVERY color.
You can see only one third of the colors on this teaser screenshot ;)

As you can see the colors can be specified relative to another color, plus a transformation (lighten, darken, saturate, desaturate, change hue, set opacity).

:tu: looks beautiful Attila Thanks!

Hello Attila!
All very well be a new adjustment of colors for the user interface, but I would like to remind you that is not very convenient to customize the user interface of the settings window ... I would like to see the main window of the program during setting interface and configure the interface in real time!
Thank you .
Sincerely lulukom

^^^^^ this. Yes. That is wisely how it's done (if at all possible)

Hi "There" ,
:)
is it possible to add Beat ( actually Bars i mean... for example 1 to 16 bars) options to Velocity Generator variation ?
maybe a switcher between Frequency <-> Beat ... :roll:
would really useful.

Hello !
I'm still really looking forward to the automatic selection of the locator in the timeline according to the selected phrase (which I proposed to do for a long time)
Thank you !

Hello,
it would be nice to have more buttons on the top field for a quick workflow. There should be buttons for zooming in and out horizontally and vertically, for fitting the score to the screen-window, for undo and redo and for saving the actual composition as sketch, so that the user can try different variations.
I ' m also missing copy/paste/delete for chords , tracks phrases with a simple click or keyboard-shortcut and hope that it will be in the update v 3.0.

wibem wrote:Hello,
it would be nice to have more buttons on the top field for a quick workflow. There should be buttons for zooming in and out horizontally and vertically, for fitting the score to the screen-window, for undo and redo and for saving the actual composition as sketch, so that the user can try different variations.
I ' m also missing copy/paste/delete for chords , tracks phrases with a simple click or keyboard-shortcut and hope that it will be in the update v 3.0.
Hi Wibem,
Perhaps you did not notice the two icons in the lower left corner - one with a mouse, the other with a keyboard.

When you click these they will open a dialog explaining which commands are available per device.

Copy/Paste are the normal <CTRL>C,<CTRL>V (Windows) or <CMD>C, <CMD>V (Mac).

Delete is simply <DEL> or <BACK>. One will click on a phrase, for example, and hit the delete key.

Undo - <CTRL>Z, Redo - <CTRL>Y, SAVE - <CTRL>S. These are the normal Windows and Mac key commands.

Although some keys are not the typical protocols for Windows and Mac, there are very few things one cannot do by key or mouse command.

As for fitting to the window, I will agree in it's current form it's a bit difficult to follow a lengthy track, one longer than the window permits, and zooming controls would be nice to have (and it's probably there, I just don't know it :hihi: ); however, using the scroll bar at the bottom you can zoom or squash the length to suit. It does take some getting used to though to be able to control the size.

Also note, when you make a change to a phrase generator, not a render but an original, the software keeps track of each change. There is a number that appears above the phrase on the top right indicating the number of phrases (the first number)/ the number phrase showing (the second number), so that 12/4, indicates 12 changes have been made/and you are seeing version 4. Hope this makes sense.

EDIT: Oops....I have that backwards. The first number indicates the phrase number showing and the second number indicates total number of phrases. :dog:

To move through the phrase changes just click the < or > arrows at the top right of the phrase box.

I honestly don't follow your meaning of the Save feature you want. As it is we can save each iteration as a new file. Do you perhaps mean a "Save As Version Number" scenario? That could be useful :tu:

HTH

Cheers!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

Return to “MusicDevelopments”