Bug reports

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Fyler RapidComposer

max.noise wrote:Hi Attila,
I just updated to RapidComposer 2.6 and have encountered a real show-stopper:
I can no longer drag and drop phrases (and progressions) from the phrase browser into the composition.
Hi Max,

yes, it was a real show stopper :( In the last moment I thought maybe I could fix another issue with drag&drop on StudioOne. Never ever you should modify something that had been tested for weeks!
max.noise wrote:I also tried to sync Ableton Live via the new Send MIDI Start/Stop/Continue and Send MIDI Clock. Basically it works (the start, stop and continue), but the tempo in Live is not correct, it is always approx. 10% slower than RapidComposer's tempo.

2nd Edit: Tried the Send MIDI with RC2.61, now Live is runnning approx. 15% faster. Very strange!
Is Live running on a different computer? I am confident that it works well. I have used Live as a slave through a virtual midi port (loopmidi). I set the tempo in RC to 88, and Live followed it:

Sometimes the display was 88.01, sometimes 87.99 but it was very precise.
Do you use the latest update of Live?

Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Hi Attila,
thank you for your reply. I just tried it again and now it works. I changed the settings in the MIDI/Sync-Tab in Live's preferences a little, don't know if that really was the reason or if I did anything wrong yesterday.
I will go on checking, an report back, if anything becomes strange again.
Sorry for bothering you with this false bug-report :wink:

Greetz, Max

Rapidcomposer 2.6.1 -> active windows freezes under Windows XP SP3 (32-Bit).
Audio Interface: Focusrite VRM Box Asio Driver, Version 1.3

Hi Attila,

the newest Version of Rapidcomposer freezes every time I try to use it under Windows XP SP3. The previous version (v 2.55) didn't have this problem.

For example: When I try to check/ uncheck boxes in settings > miscellaneous
the active windows freezes instantaneously. The whole programm then hangs and cannot be used anymore. I then have to restart the programm.

This problem occurs every time after only a few minutes (< 5 min). The active submenu or window then freezes.

I don't know if this problem only happens on this system. I will try this on another computer (Windows 7, 64 Bit)

Greetings, Jonas

Hi Jonas,

yes, it seems there is something wrong with the program on windows XP! The issue is being investigated. I hope to have a fix soon, although these kind of freezes are the most difficult to catch...

Thank you for reporting it!
Attila

Hi Jonas,

an update was uploaded with the fix (v2.62) for Windows XP, please download it.
The update is for Windows XP only, if you are on other Windows version, or on Mac OS X you don't need to download it.

Thanks!
Attila

Thanx Attila, it's works! :) :phones:

Hi,
isn't split phrase also splits long-sustain notes before?
do i remember wrong?
if so , ill go to FR topics :clown:

Hi Attila,

I have a question regarding the vertical placement of generator phrases (currently using RC 2.7b1 on Win7 64bit).
In this test I have 4 bars Cmaj9 and inserted 4 Chord Generators. Shouldn't it be possible to position these generators so that the lowest note can be every C, D, E, G or B? I can position it, so that the lowest note is C4, D3, E4 and B2 (B4), but I can not have it on the C3, E3, G3 or B3, the phrase would jump from B2 to D3 and then to C4. I think this is a bug, isn't it?

One other thing regarding the use of the VST plugin: how's the current situation? I am still having issues with my hosts Ableton Live and Cubase (all latest versions). Live crashes when I try to insert an instance of RC and Cubase already crashes when scanning it.
I know that I can run RC standalone and send MIDI to the host. This works, but when I record the MIDI events, they are always a little delayed, which is not a big issue, but somewhat uncomfortable.

Nevertheless, it's great that you are constantly improving RC, adding new features, making it more stable. I appreciate that.

Greetz, Max

max.noise wrote:Hi Attila,

I have a question regarding the vertical placement of generator phrases (currently using RC 2.7b1 on Win7 64bit).

In this test I have 4 bars Cmaj9 and inserted 4 Chord Generators. Shouldn't it be possible to position these generators so that the lowest note can be every C, D, E, G or B? I can position it, so that the lowest note is C4, D3, E4 and B2 (B4), but I can not have it on the C3, E3, G3 or B3, the phrase would jump from B2 to D3 and then to C4. I think this is a bug, isn't it?
Hello Max

No, it's not a bug. It's simply because you have missed something in the rules of transposition.

Just above the timeline you have five selectors. One is "Phrase transpose". Set it to "Octave".

Your chord has actually the "C4" as lowest note (or any other "C"). You just want to transpose at the octave(s). So set the selector "Phrase transpose" to "Octave", simply. Then move vertically your phrase. You'll see that now the lowest is as you wanted: the "C3" (or any other "C").
:tu:

In general, each time you want to transpose to octaves, do by this method.

And for the other notes (in the chord of course), try the different choices of this selector. Very quickly you'll understand the rule of each choice, and it will become natural for you.

For the rest of your message... I can't answer. But for that little "issue" about the transposition I'm glad to have given you the method because it was not an issue, just a little thing new to learn about the transpositions, that's all.
:D
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Very genious of you BlackWinny to figure that one out! Given the information you had to work with. :tu:

As for the delay in Live - this is a known issue with Live. Likewise I always have this delay in Live and like you stated max.noise, it's livable but annoying.

FWIW I do not encounter this issue, as much, in Bitwig Studio. There is still a delay but it is really low. This leads me to believe the problem lies in how Live, or any DAW, handles MIDI.

I have not been able to test this in other DAWs; however, I suspect we will see a delay in those as well.

I can't help you with the vst issues max.noise as I only run RC standalone over LAN.

Max.fun, max.noise, when running standalone as you get many more channels to play with. :D

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

Happy Easter to you all !
ImageImage
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.

max.noise wrote:Shouldn't it be possible to position these generators so that the lowest note can be every C, D, E, G or B? I can position it, so that the lowest note is C4, D3, E4 and B2 (B4), but I can not have it on the C3, E3, G3 or B3, the phrase would jump from B2 to D3 and then to C4. I think this is a bug, isn't it?
Hi Max,

this is not really a bug, this is how transposition works in RC. When a chord extends to wider than an octave, the highest note is transposed below the lowest note, so it will jump down 2 octaves. You can achieve what you want if you set the chords to C3maj9 (Cmaj9 is actually C4maj9, if the octave is omitted it is treated as 4):

Another option is to leave the chords as Cmaj9 but adding a transpose variation to the track, and set it to -12 semitones.
I tried other ways to transpose/invert a phrase/chord, but other methods make the chord 'compressed' by making lots of notes next to each other ;)
max.noise wrote:One other thing regarding the use of the VST plugin: how's the current situation? I am still having issues with my hosts Ableton Live and Cubase (all latest versions). Live crashes when I try to insert an instance of RC and Cubase already crashes when scanning it.
I have tried Ableton Live 9 Trial with the latest 64-bit plug-in a minute ago and it worked (on win7 x64). As far as I know several people use the plug-in in Cubase without issues. I'll make sure the plug-in is tested more with Live.

Best,
Attila

BlackWinny wrote:Happy Easter to you all !
ImageImage
Happy Easter to Everyone!

(Smiley is used by permission from BlackWinny ;) )

musicdevelopments wrote:
BlackWinny wrote:Happy Easter to you all !
ImageImage
Happy Easter to Everyone!

(Smiley is used by permission from BlackWinny ;) )
No need of permission...

You guys are too funny :D (sorry, best smiley I can find here :hihi:)

Happy Easter!

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

Return to “MusicDevelopments”