Looking forward to the dl later today. :D

Have yourself a fabulous holiday and time with the family! :tu:

You certainly deserve it. ;)

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

Delete
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

musicdevelopments wrote:Hello!

The latest beta version (v2.7b9) is available now for Windows and OS X. This is very close to the v2.7 version to be released early August. Unless you find a bug or a feature is badly missing.

Changes:
- Chord progression rules editing is possible (though not mandatory ;) )
- Chord Preview was fixed in the VST plug-in as it had serious issues. Not just that, but playback and other previews will work better. Some virtual instruments did not tolerate the way 'All Notes Off' was used in RapidComposer, which was sometimes sent immediately before a 'Note On' to turn off previously sounding notes.
- Extra chord progressions are included in a separate file (PopProgressions.rcCHPR) so no files are overwritten during installing this update

I am afraid I won't be available in the next 9 days to reply to your comments and questions. 8)
Best,
Attila
Hi Attila. Will you be announcing the betas in this thread after you upload them? I'm glad I saw it. I'm having a great time with RC, thank you very much.
Jim

dsan@mail.com wrote: Have yourself a fabulous holiday and time with the family! :tu:

You certainly deserve it. ;)

Happy Musiking!
dsan
Thanks very much, dsan! :)

Attila

Musical Gym wrote:Hi Attila. Will you be announcing the betas in this thread after you upload them? I'm glad I saw it. I'm having a great time with RC, thank you very much.
Jim
Hi Jim,

yes, usually in this thread, but sometimes in the feature requests thread. I update an RSS feed for each beta version release: http://www.musicdevelopments.com/beta.xml

Is anyone having any issues with the latest beta version? I expected this would be the last beta before v2.7. If there are any issues, that could be fixed in the next few days.
I hope everyone has a good holiday...

Thanks,
Attila

I have got an issue. But strangely I haven't been able to reproduce it.

Sometimes I restart a new installation from scratch (as if I had a brand new computer), knowing that it is a situation which is often forgotten in the beta tests of products.

And with that beta version 2.7b9 I've got a crash one time (with the 32-bit edition, I have not tried with the 64-bit edition) when declaring RapidComposer as new VST in my usual Mulab 5 (which is installed for ages).

First I uninstalled my RapidComposer 2.7b8, purged my AppData files (don't worry, I zipped mine in a backup directory of another disk previously to all that) and my Windows registry.

Then I installed that beta version 2.7b9, as on a brand new computer.

And I've got a crash (with the 32-bit edition, I have not tried with the 64-bit edition) when declaring RapidComposer as new VST in my usual Mulab 5 (which is installed for ages).

I uninstalled that RapidComposer 2.7b9, purged the AppData files freshly created and my Windows registry.

Then I went back to the installation of the last stable 2.6...

And there was no problem to declare it in my Mulab 5.

Once again I uninstalled it, purged the new AppData files freshly created and my Windows registry. Then I went back to the installation of the beta 2.7b9...

And this time there was no problem!

I can't understand what happened the first time.

In my opinion there's no problem to release the version 2.7. But I think we can expect some strange issues like this one in a computer of some new user...
Last edited by BlackWinny on Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.

Hello Attila,
Welcome back to Oz :hihi:

I hope you enjoyed your holiday and the time with your family!

I had a crash happen to the 2.7b beta when moving phrases to new location within the time line. This was a one time occurrence and I have not been able to reproduce. :shrug:

I think it may have been a matter of moving things too quickly for RC, or my computer, to handle.

I notice sometimes if one attempts a maneuver and holds the mouse button too long RC locks up for a moment. Or should I say, RC discontinues to respond momentarily (not a crash). This is not new to beta 2.7b, rather has been ongoing.

BTW, this is on a Vista x64 machine, Pentium, 6G RAM.

Aside from that all is good here :tu:

Looks like you may have a release version available ;)

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

Not yet, thanks for information. I don't use RSS yet.

BlackWinny wrote:And with that beta version 2.7b9 I've got a crash one time (with the 32-bit edition, I have not tried with the 64-bit edition) when declaring RapidComposer as new VST in my usual Mulab 5 (which is installed for ages).
Hi BlackWinny!

I suppose you ran the standalone version first to authorize RapidComposer, and then used the VST plug-in. Otherwise the plug-in will not work. It should display an error message first though... it may or may not crash after that.

You need not backup the windows registry because RapidComposer will not modify it.

Thanks!
Attila

Hello Attila !
:D
musicdevelopments wrote:
BlackWinny wrote:And with that beta version 2.7b9 I've got a crash one time (with the 32-bit edition, I have not tried with the 64-bit edition) when declaring RapidComposer as new VST in my usual Mulab 5 (which is installed for ages).
Hi BlackWinny!

I suppose you ran the standalone version first to authorize RapidComposer, and then used the VST plug-in. Otherwise the plug-in will not work. It should display an error message first though... it may or may not crash after that.
In fact I can't remember. Probably that the things happened like that, yes. I think I'm going to make a new try within the next days (just to see...)

musicdevelopments wrote:You need not backup the windows registry because RapidComposer will not modify it.
Yes! For me it had been an occasion to discover that quality at the moment I scanned the Registry. The only trace of RapidComposer was... simply the timestamp of the installation, with the information of the place of the uninstaller, as usual. And nothing else. Very nice!

:D

dsan@mail.com wrote:Hello Attila,
Welcome back to Oz :hihi:
Hi dsan!
Thank you! It is great to return to this forum...
dsan@mail.com wrote:I had a crash happen to the 2.7b beta when moving phrases to new location within the time line. This was a one time occurrence and I have not been able to reproduce. :shrug:
I'll definitely check this.
dsan@mail.com wrote:I think it may have been a matter of moving things too quickly for RC, or my computer, to handle.
No, I am sure it is a problem with RC. I'll test moving phrases fast.
dsan@mail.com wrote:I notice sometimes if one attempts a maneuver and holds the mouse button too long RC locks up for a moment. Or should I say, RC discontinues to respond momentarily (not a crash).
Yes, it is a known issue which will be fixed.

Thanks,
Attila

BlackWinny wrote: In fact I can't remember. Probably that the things happened like that, yes. I think I'm going to make a new try within the next days (just to see...)
No, please no, I am sure everything is fine :)
BlackWinny wrote:
musicdevelopments wrote:You need not backup the windows registry because RapidComposer will not modify it.
Yes! For me it had been an occasion to discover that quality at the moment I scanned the Registry. The only trace of RapidComposer was... simply the timestamp of the installation, with the information of the place of the uninstaller, as usual. And nothing else. Very nice!
I agree. I hate software which installs all sorts of DLLs, windows services, or writes in the registry in a totally obscure way. I would never do that.

Hello Attila!

I've just seen that I still have the problem of the note on absent for the first note when I loop. It doesn't appear in standalone mode, it appears only in VST mode. Example in this picture (the note circled in red remains silent):

(you can zoom the picture with the right button and on the menu select "View image", I've made it very wide)

Kind regards!
BlackWinny
Last edited by BlackWinny on Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

When using EzKeys and EzDrummer from Toontrack the clock pulses do not appear to be sent. In other hosts (live, logic etc) both plugins follow the host clock so that both the plugin and the host are kept in sync.

Not sure if this is a bug or not but it would certainly help the productivity of RC in my workflow.

I noticed the issue was still present on the latest release 2.7, although all versions I know of had the same problem
"It's alright to say things can only get better,
You haven't lost your brand new sweater.
Pure new wool, and perfect stitches,
Not the type of jumper that makes you itches."

Sultans of Ping

Hello Attila

The issue related here two posts ago remains in the last stable 2.7 version released today.

Return to “MusicDevelopments”