Bug reports

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Fyler RapidComposer

tonedef71 wrote:I am thinking most users would prefer that the quantize duration maintain its user-selected value until changed again by the user, or until the Note Inspector dialog window is closed.

--Tony
Yes, of course! It is fixed now.
Thank you!
Attila

musicdevelopments wrote:Hi Tony,

thank you! I did not realize that preview does not work well when using a MIDI output port. I fixed not just that but also another problem with phrase preview when it always sent MIDI events to the default MIDI device regardless of other settings.
Thank you! :tu: You were right; it was only an issue with MIDI playback; playback with soundfonts worked as expected.

I have been using Blue Cat Audio's Patchwork with RapidComposer as an 8-port MIDI patchbay. I recommend using tools like Patchwork, when composing songs with the standalone version of RapidComposer.
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

musicdevelopments wrote:Yes, of course! It is fixed now.
Thank you!
Attila
Thank you! :tu:
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

tonedef71 wrote:
musicdevelopments wrote:Hi Tony,

thank you! I did not realize that preview does not work well when using a MIDI output port. I fixed not just that but also another problem with phrase preview when it always sent MIDI events to the default MIDI device regardless of other settings.
Thank you! :tu: You were right; it was only an issue with MIDI playback; playback with soundfonts worked as expected.

I have been using Blue Cat Audio's Patchwork with RapidComposer as an 8-port MIDI patchbay. I recommend using tools like Patchwork, when composing songs with the standalone version of RapidComposer.
Wow! Although knowing Blue Cat I didn't know this super-product and with a super-low price: only €59/$79! And it is provided with native 64 bit, and for OSX as well as for Windows, even AAX. And it can be itself used in standalone mode as well as in plugin mode. Yes, you're right it can improve hugely the interest of the standalone version of RC and transform it to a huge orchestra conductor!
:clap:
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Thanks for the tip! I guess I need to check Patchwork, how it can be used together with RapidComposer.

Like the new features and always welcome upgrades but so far I am finding it to be more "crashy" than previous versions. Have only used it 2 or 3 times but each session has had multiple crashes! Hope you are working on refining/stabilizing next! :)

Hi JohnBullFrog,

are you on OS X 10.10? If so, please send me the crash dumps, that would help a lot.
Although there were 16 beta versions, I think only very few people tried the software on OS X.
At the moment I am uploading a bug fix update for OS X only.

Thank you!
Attila

Hi MusicDevelopment people,
just a quick note to let you know that I quickly returned back from 2.9 to 2.84 stand alone (On Macos10.9.5) because 2.9 is hanging (infinite wheel) every time I want to use a VSTi -no matter what. Everything is fine with 2.84, I ve purchased the LE version.I will wait the next bug fix to upgrade again.Other wise Rapid Composer is a fantastic tool!

Dear tanislas,

I am terribly sorry for the inconveniences. A bug-fix update is already available for OS X, called v2.91, which fixes the infinite wheel issue. :bang:

Best regards,
Attila

Great thank you Attila,you re fast!!!!
regards

Hi Attila!

Nope, I am on Windows 7/64.

Hi JohnBullFrog,

this must be an installation issue, because the program should be rock solid on Windows. It is being developed on Win7/64 and during beta testing there were no random crashes.
dsan used to have a good suggestion that worked for several people. I was not able to find his post. I think it was about setting the installer executable to "Run this program as an administrator" and then installing it. I try to find that post.

Thanks,
Attila

in this case i always do:
1-right click to installer choose Properties see there Unblock Apply/OK
2-right click again and Run as administrator.

Thanks for remembering about that Attila. Yes, run as administrator, but first, as Yellukhan points out, unblock the download. If you plan to move the installer it should be unblocked first.

Unblock is the first thing I do after a download. Run as administrator is the next. For me, this system hasn't failed yet and I rarely have program failure.

Here is the original post (page 57 inside "Bug Reports"):

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... &start=840

HTH

Cheers!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

Yes! Yes! Thank you, dsan and yellukhan! :clap:
I make sure I store this method to be able to find later...

Best,
Attila

Return to “MusicDevelopments”