Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise

Bug reports

musicdevelopments
KVRAF

2172 posts since 9 Jan, 2010

Postby musicdevelopments; Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:12 am Re: Bug reports

An annoying bug was reported on Windows caused by file migration from AppData to Documents: soundfonts added by the user become silent in v3.1. I know the reason and the fix (v3.12) will be available on Saturday.
Sorry about the issues.

Attila
http://www.musicdevelopments.com
Music Prototyping And Automated Composition Solutions
thebutler
KVRist

85 posts since 9 Oct, 2013, from uk

Postby thebutler; Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:09 pm Re: Bug reports

Hello thebutler,

this is not a bug but a feature
It is intentional that the pop-up help does not appear twice for the same UI element.

If this is disturbing, a setting for that could be added.

Thanks,
Attila

Ah..! Ok, thanks Attila... Understood. No, its nothing - not a problem now I see how you made it work... :-)

Cheers for now,
thebutler
Win10 64bit; Core i7; 16Gb RAM; NVIDIA GTX750Ti graphics; 2x Asus 22" HD LCD; Yamaha UR44 audio/MIDI; Yamaha HS80 and EAR D5 monitoring; Cubase Pro v9.0.20; Wavelab Pro v9.0.35; Studio One v3.5; Komplete 10; Stylus RMX
NJ24
KVRer

27 posts since 8 Nov, 2016

Postby NJ24; Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:29 am Re: Bug reports

3.13 WIN7, Reaper as VST plugin, when i harmonize track and then change instrument on harmonized track, it freezes RC.

edit: if i wait sometime then it is ok???
Digi_Joe
KVRer

7 posts since 19 Dec, 2016

Postby Digi_Joe; Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:38 pm Re: Bug reports

Hi Attila,

I found a minor bug. Rename a part in the Structure and then the click on another line crashed 3.13 on macOS. Rename works fine when I use the X after renaming - but without click on the X RC crashes every time.

Best Regards
Joe
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Postby musicdevelopments; Sat Dec 24, 2016 6:44 am Re: Bug reports

Hi Joe,
thank you for reporting this quite a serious bug. I'll make sure it will be fixed in the next few days.
Thanks!
Attila
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Postby musicdevelopments; Sat Dec 24, 2016 6:47 am Re: Bug reports

NJ24 wrote:3.13 WIN7, Reaper as VST plugin, when i harmonize track and then change instrument on harmonized track, it freezes RC.

Hi NJ24,
thanks for the bug report, I'll check any issues with instrument selection. If there is a reproducible issue, that is quicker and easier to fix.
Attila
Boone777
KVRian

521 posts since 8 Aug, 2011

Postby Boone777; Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:16 pm Re: Bug reports

Hello! I installed RC on my old Macbook Dual Core 2.16 -OS 10.7.5 4GB RAM. Crashes Reaper everytime I open RC as VST. Maybe it's too old to be supported ?
It seems to work fine as standalone though.
Win 7, 64Bit, 16 Gig RAM, Intel i7 Quad 3.9, Reaper, Steinberg MR816x
Boone777
KVRian

Postby Boone777; Sun Dec 25, 2016 6:34 am Re: Bug reports

NJ24 wrote:3.13 WIN7, Reaper as VST plugin, when i harmonize track and then change instrument on harmonized track, it freezes RC.

Try changing the channel before changing instruments it works for me. I get crashes if I change the instrument right away. Made a little video showing this.

Also in the youtube link here, how can I change master track scale in different sections without the very first scale changing , it follows the third one I'm trying to enter. Not sure if it's a bug or something I don't understand. It's shown at the end of the video.

https://youtu.be/MELu9R_jl4E
Boone777
KVRian

Postby Boone777; Sun Dec 25, 2016 8:40 am Re: Bug reports

A little GUI bug when checking host signature in strucutre. I'm still trying to find how to use Reaper's time signature though. I think I found the solution to changing scales, by creating another part.

Digi_Joe
KVRer

7 posts since 19 Dec, 2016

Postby Digi_Joe; Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:29 pm Re: Bug reports

Hey Attila,

another small bug. "Jumping" notes (or scale) in the phrase editor. Maybe I did something wrong but thats looks weird to me... ;)

Best Regards
Joe
tboneUS
KVRist

90 posts since 4 Feb, 2005

Postby tboneUS; Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:04 pm Re: Bug reports

Not sure if this has been mentioned previously.

Downloaded the latest version of RC (both official and beta) for Mac (standalone)

I have 12 midi tracks in RC and import a midi phrase into the current composition. I do not need this particular track so I ensure the correct track is highlighted (the one just created by the import), right click and select remove track. The actual track deleted is not the one selected but another of the tracks. In the example I just tried it was the one immediately above the track I wanted deleted.

Undoing the operation thankfully undeletes the needed track but is obviously a hinderence to workflow and I am left with many unused tracks just for importing the midi.

I have had this issue probably over the last 3 or 4 versions of RC

Is this a known issue? Any workarounds?

Also, is it possible to import midi into a already existing track rather than it creating a new one then dragging the contents (with option held) to the desired track?
"It's alright to say things can only get better,
You haven't lost your brand new sweater.
Pure new wool, and perfect stitches,
Not the type of jumper that makes you itches."

Sultans of Ping
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Postby musicdevelopments; Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:58 am Re: Bug reports

Hi tboneUS,

shame on me, I tried to remove tracks the same way for 15 minutes but I could not reproduce this bug. Always the highlighted track was deleted. Will you please send me the steps to reproduce this?

If you drag a MIDI file over an existing track, it will be added to the track (as a phrase). IIRC only the first track in the MIDI file is added.

Thanks,
Attila
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Postby musicdevelopments; Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:02 am Re: Bug reports

Digi_Joe wrote:Hey Attila,

another small bug. "Jumping" notes (or scale) in the phrase editor. Maybe I did something wrong but thats looks weird to me... ;)

Hi Joe,

sometimes I see this too! No, you did not do anything wrong, this is an annoying bug that I did not manage to fix yet... :oops:
Thank you for reminding me... I really thought this was taken care of in the last beta.

Attila
tboneUS
KVRist

90 posts since 4 Feb, 2005

Postby tboneUS; Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:26 pm Re: Bug reports

musicdevelopments wrote:Hi tboneUS,

shame on me, I tried to remove tracks the same way for 15 minutes but I could not reproduce this bug. Always the highlighted track was deleted. Will you please send me the steps to reproduce this?

If you drag a MIDI file over an existing track, it will be added to the track (as a phrase). IIRC only the first track in the MIDI file is added.

Thanks,
Attila

I moved RC over to a windows computer and so far the bug has not reappeared. I will forward the details of the step taken when/if I can reproduce the bug. Thanks
"It's alright to say things can only get better,
You haven't lost your brand new sweater.
Pure new wool, and perfect stitches,
Not the type of jumper that makes you itches."

Sultans of Ping
NJ24
KVRer

27 posts since 8 Nov, 2016

Postby NJ24; Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:56 am Re: Bug reports

deleting track doesn't work. whatever track i select it always deletes first track?

3.13 Win7 (as VST plug-in)
PreviousNext

Moderator: musicdevelopments

Return to MusicDevelopments