Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise

Bug reports

lulukom
KVRian

556 posts since 30 Nov, 2013

Postby lulukom; Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:15 am Re: Bug reports

Can you make sure that when I drag the midi file consisting of chords to the master track, then the length of these new chords in the master track becomes the same as the length of those chords that were already in the master track?

Yes, you reminded me of what it's called ...
"Keep harmonic rhythm" ( For drag in master track)
I would even say - do not keep the rhythm of harmony, but make a new rhythm of harmony in the master track according to the midi file, which is dragged to the master track. Thank you.
nexussynth
KVRist

487 posts since 31 Dec, 2003

Postby nexussynth; Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:30 pm Re: Bug reports

+1
"..What is simple, is simply seen.."
lulukom
KVRian

556 posts since 30 Nov, 2013

Postby lulukom; Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:42 am Re: Bug reports

Hello !
Thanks for the support...
In general, wherever there is saving or dragging or import, there should be an option to "keep rhythm". Perhaps this can be a global option in the program settings. Thank you.
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

2182 posts since 9 Jan, 2010

Postby musicdevelopments; Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:44 am Re: Bug reports

OK. How about this?
With the new "major/minor rings" option you can see all major and minor chords AND the diatonic chords are there too:

Please let me know if you need some fancy shading on the circle. I did not find that important but some people (among myself ;) ) may not like that flat design.

Thanks,
Attila
http://www.musicdevelopments.com
Music Prototyping And Automated Composition Solutions
PeteInNeedOfABeat
KVRer

25 posts since 28 Jun, 2016, from Germany

Postby PeteInNeedOfABeat; Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:41 am Re: Bug reports

That's great Attila!

Flat design is ok for me.

But a "tension-colour-scheme" would be helpful.

For example: Green for diatonic chords, in C Major: C,F,G and their relative minor chords and Yellow for D,A, Eb, Bb and Red for the rest of the chords.

Not sure if that's harmonically 100% correct, but I'm sure you get the idea.

Sunny greetings,
Pete
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Postby musicdevelopments; Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:51 am Re: Bug reports

Good idea, Pete! I'll do that later today.
Thanks!
Attila
Boone777
KVRian

518 posts since 8 Aug, 2011

Postby Boone777; Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:45 am Re: Bug reports

Still having the loop bug in reaper. First notes or chords are note played.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Boone777 on Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Win 7, 64Bit, 16 Gig RAM, Intel i7 Quad 3.9, Reaper, Steinberg MR816x
Boone777
KVRian

Postby Boone777; Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:39 am Re: Bug reports

Notes of the last chord in the loop are held. No problem if I stop and play. All first chords are ok it's just the last one that stays on while in loop it overlaps over the first chord. I thought it would have something to do with midi parameters or something but there seems to be none of those present in RC. Those are chord generated or draged from the phrase window.

Reaper project in GoogleDrive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7EoWU ... sp=sharing
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Postby musicdevelopments; Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:50 am Re: Bug reports

At the end of the loop, before jumping back to the beginning 'All Notes Off' is sent. I have tested this many times. Are you sure your virtual instrument handles 'All Notes Off' properly? Can you try another VSTi?
Is this with RC version 3.3?

Thanks!
Attila

PS: I have downloaded your Reaper projects and will try them soon. Thanks for making them available, it is big help.
Boone777
KVRian

Postby Boone777; Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:23 pm Re: Bug reports

musicdevelopments wrote:At the end of the loop, before jumping back to the beginning 'All Notes Off' is sent. I have tested this many times. Are you sure your virtual instrument handles 'All Notes Off' properly? Can you try another VSTi?
Is this with RC version 3.3?

Thanks!
Attila

PS: I have downloaded your Reaper projects and will try them soon. Thanks for making them available, it is big help.

Yes V3.3. And I tried on a couple different VSTi. The first time I changed the synth I thought it was Dexed creating the problem. It seemed to work at first. But I tried more mainstream synths like Absynth, Reaktor or a Kontakt bank and the problem was still occuring
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Postby musicdevelopments; Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:43 am Re: Bug reports

I have found an issue introduced in v3.3. I did not remember well, earlier 'All Notes Off' was sent, but not anymore from v3.3 because it caused side effects, quiet notes in some instruments. Now separate 'Note Off' messages should be at the end of the loop, but there is a bug that will be fixed tomorrow.

Another observation: Reaper incorrectly sends the first PPQ position as 4.000011 (for 96kHz) and 4.000028 (for 48kHz) although the loop starts at exactly 4. This causes the first chord to be silent. I hate to insert workarounds but rounding the PPQ position worked well.

I'll update you on the progress but I expect this will be fixed tomorrow.

Thanks, Boone777 for reporting this bug!
Attila
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Postby musicdevelopments; Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:19 am Re: Bug reports

FYI the hanging notes problem in the VST plug-in at the end of the loop is fixed in v3.4b2 (available now).
PeteInNeedOfABeat
KVRer

25 posts since 28 Jun, 2016, from Germany

Postby PeteInNeedOfABeat; Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:44 am Re: Bug reports

Hi Attlila!

Last night I found a bug in the phrase editor. If I create a phrase, then hit "copy to clipboard" and try to insert it in composition view via "control + v", it crashes RC 3.3.

A "long crash" with RC staying in Taskhost Window for a couple of minutes. Happened twice last night (Win7, 64-bit).

And I read about the changes you made to the CoF-View. Sounds great, thank you.

Do you plan to release a version 3.31 with these updates (for the people like me that don't like betas)?

Sunny greetings,
Pete
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Postby musicdevelopments; Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:49 am Re: Bug reports

Hi Pete,
I tried to crash the program with "copy to clipboard" and pressing Ctrl-V but so far I could not. Did you find a pattern for the crash occurring? I am sorry for the inconveniences!

Yes, lots of things were fixed in the last 1-2 weeks so v3.31 will be available on Monday.
Thanks,
Attila
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Postby musicdevelopments; Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:18 am Re: Bug reports

PeteInNeedOfABeat wrote:And I read about the changes you made to the CoF-View. Sounds great, thank you.

Do you plan to release a version 3.31 with these updates (for the people like me that don't like betas)?

Hi Pete,

There will be a v3.31 update but new features won't be included, only bug fixes.
I realized you wanted to use the CoF improvements, which I am afraid won't be in this update. I am sorry! :oops:

Attila
PreviousNext

Moderator: musicdevelopments

Return to MusicDevelopments