KVRian

613 posts since 30 Nov, 2013

Postby lulukom; Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:23 pm Re: Bug reports

Really sounds exciting!
BluGenes
KVRist

181 posts since 15 May, 2017

Postby BluGenes; Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:20 am Re: Bug reports

Preview still does not play the key switch..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FV5HIH6 ... e=youtu.be
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

2419 posts since 9 Jan, 2010

Postby musicdevelopments; Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:17 am Re: Bug reports

Strange. I thought that 'note' articulations have no effect, and I fixed that. As I see 'phrase' articulations should work. I suspect that the note off comes too soon after the keyswitch event. I'll check this and will send you an update.
Thanks,
Attila
http://www.musicdevelopments.com
Music Prototyping And Automated Composition Solutions
BluGenes
KVRist

Postby BluGenes; Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:35 am Re: Bug reports

:party:
particle_filter
KVRer

17 posts since 10 Dec, 2017

Postby particle_filter; Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:34 am Re: Bug reports

Hi Attila,

Thank you for the RC 3.41 update! A follow-up on my previous bug report:

• MIDI In not working in Chord Selector but in Quick Suggestions: Works well now.
  • Crash while selecting a chord: No more crash -- huge robustness improvement for me! :tu:
  • Noise when using MIDI In in VST mode: Still happening. Since changing a chord using a mouse click does not cause click/pop noise, this may be still an issue specific to handling MIDI In. Increasing the audio buffer size (2048 samples) does not avoid the noise completely.
  • Undo for Quick Suggestions: Mostly fixed (please see below for the unfixed part).
  • Undo for Phrase Envelope Editing: Unsupported. I guess this was not part of the update.

Issues that are new or not in my previous report:

• The small MIDI In window accessible via Quick Suggestions shows "Click here to set a valid 'MIDI Input' device!". Clicking this link in VST mode causes a crash because that the MIDI configuration is unavailable in VST mode.
  • The small MIDI In window via Quick Suggestions does not support undoes.
  • Not new in RC 3.41, but I see visual glitches in various parts of the RC interface, including the main window and Chord Selector. When some part of RC is redrawn, random label/button text occasionally disappears or shows black/white box instead of the actual text, even when the text itself did not change. Some other repaint event fixes the text automatically. This is mostly benign as it does not seem to cause crashes at least on my system, but it does not appear to be an intended behavior.
  • Pressing Ctrl-A in Note Editing only selects all phrases but none of the notes. To select all notes, one of the notes in the selected phrases has to be clicked after Ctrl-A. Not sure if this is intended because selecting all notes seems more straightforward while Note Editing mode is active.

Thanks!
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Postby musicdevelopments; Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:33 am Re: Bug reports

Hi particle_filter,

thanks for the detailed feedback, it is very helpful for me.

particle_filter wrote:Noise when using MIDI In in VST mode: Still happening.

I am investigating this right now.

particle_filter wrote:Undo for Phrase Envelope Editing: Unsupported. I guess this was not part of the update.

No, sorry this will be fixed later.

particle_filter wrote:The small MIDI In window accessible via Quick Suggestions shows "Click here to set a valid 'MIDI Input' device!". Clicking this link in VST mode causes a crash because that the MIDI configuration is unavailable in VST mode.

Right! I fixed this embarrassing bug today. :oops:

particle_filter wrote:When some part of RC is redrawn, random label/button text occasionally disappears or shows black/white box instead of the actual text, even when the text itself did not change. Some other repaint event fixes the text automatically.

This is a known problem, and a very annoying one. It looks like another race condition, but I have checked text rendering hundred times before, and I confirm text rendering is protected by a mutex. At the moment the host OS font rendering services are used, but I am considering to return to freetype which was used in RapidComposer 7 years ago when it was first released. However freetype font rendering was bad quality 6-7 years ago, so I started to use font rendering built into Windows/macOS.
I did not see such rendering artifact on macOS.

particle_filter wrote:Pressing Ctrl-A in Note Editing only selects all phrases but none of the notes. To select all notes, one of the notes in the selected phrases has to be clicked after Ctrl-A. Not sure if this is intended because selecting all notes seems more straightforward while Note Editing mode is active

There is indeed something wrong with Ctrl-A! I am investigating this too.
I'll update you on the progress.
Thanks,
Attila
particle_filter
KVRer

Postby particle_filter; Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:44 am Re: Bug reports

Thank you for the answers, Attila! I am enjoying using new RapidComposer so much. :love:
lulukom
KVRian

Postby lulukom; Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:52 am Re: Bug reports

Hello Attila!
Maybe this is useful ...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BluGenes
KVRist

Postby BluGenes; Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:30 am Re: Bug reports

This bug has actually been around a while.. (just getting around to pointing it out..) The dialogs can become "see through" under certain conditions. In this example, it happens to the chord suggestions, but, other dialogs can do this as well.

I am in the process of testing all my favorite VSTs, so, I also showcase a little of what I am working on in the end of the video.. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJ92R_aHh_o
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Postby musicdevelopments; Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:35 am Re: Bug reports

lulukom wrote:Hello Attila!
Maybe this is useful ...

Yes, thank you, lulukom, this is very helpful!
Thanks,
Attila
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Postby musicdevelopments; Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:40 am Re: Bug reports

BluGenes wrote:This bug has actually been around a while.. (just getting around to pointing it out..) The dialogs can become "see through" under certain conditions. In this example, it happens to the chord suggestions, but, other dialogs can do this as well.

Oh, no, this is rather serious. I made substantial changes about mouse click handling. Although I tested it a lot, a few issues avoided my attention. I am preparing a new update.

BluGenes wrote:I am in the process of testing all my favorite VSTs, so, I also showcase a little of what I am working on in the end of the video.. ;)

I liked the song in the end! Very nice! :tu:
Thanks for the video!
Attila (back to bug fixing :( )
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Postby musicdevelopments; Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:30 pm Re: Bug reports

Good news...
The crash and weird mouse clicking issues reported by lulukom and BluGenes are fixed now.
Click sounds when releasing keys in 'Chord Selector' and 'MIDI Keyboard' fixed in the VST plug-in.
Undo works during phrase envelope editing, and it is saved properly.
Issues fixed with pressing Ctrl-A immediately after switching to Note Editing mode.
v3.42 will be available tomorrow. Almost all reported problems are fixed.

Thanks,
Attila
lulukom
KVRian

Postby lulukom; Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:33 pm Re: Bug reports

:party:
particle_filter
KVRer

Postby particle_filter; Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:35 pm Re: Bug reports

Awesome! :clap:
BluGenes
KVRist

Postby BluGenes; Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:58 pm Re: Bug reports

Awesome Attila! Man, you need some time off, relax, take it easy! Happy Holidays!
PreviousNext

Moderator: musicdevelopments

Return to MusicDevelopments