Bug reports

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Fyler RapidComposer

BlackWinny wrote:
dsan@mail.com wrote:I should have expressed that part, sorry for the omission - stand alone version.

Thanks for bringing that up BlackWinny :tu:

Additionally, I send the MIDI data to a third computer utilizing VEP5 for the instruments.

Note the computer with RC is a VISTA machine. My DAW is on the W7 machine (in my sig) and VEP5 is on a W8 slave unit.

Happy Musiking!
dsan
Got it!

Confirmed in standalone.

And another way to crash too:
  • At the step 6, open the properties of the Master Track, then click "Generate progression from 1.1.00".
  • And...Image
ohoh....wonder if Attila's fix got that one too?
Guess we'll find out with a new BETA to test :tu:

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

BlackWinny, I can't make it crash that way. :(

is this correct:
4. Generate Progression From 1.1.0
5. Add Melody Generator (at the beginning? which length?)
6. Generate Progression From 1.1.0 again?

I tried hard.
Attila

PS: I hate bugs! :box:
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

musicdevelopments wrote:BlackWinny, I can't make it crash that way. :(

is this correct:
4. Generate Progression From 1.1.0
5. Add Melody Generator (at the beginning? which length?)
6. Generate Progression From 1.1.0 again?

I tried hard.
Attila

PS: I hate bugs! :box:
Yes, I have got this crash twice in the afternoon after having tried with success the procedure shown by Denis. But now I can't manage to reproduce it again. Could it be due to some traces remaining in the "Recovered" files after the attempt to reproduce Denis' bug?
musicdevelopments wrote:PS: I hate bugs! :box:
I think that it is the motto of the developer's syndicate.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

running beta ( 2.8b4 )
re: new feature in beta 2.8b4

I am unable to extract a rhythm (by holding down the ctrl key ) from a source phrase, then dragging and dropping it onto a target phrase in the composition. The intended target phrase then dispersers, and nothing remains ??? My target phrase becomes blank ?

Could my location and sequence of click Ctrl - drag drop be inaccurate ?
WHen you refer to the 'browser', are you referring to the Phrase Inspector which contains my phrases ?

- atonal

Hi Atonal,

thank you for trying this new functionality.
Will you let me know which phrase did you drop to which other phrase? It would be good if I could fix this.
Can you try to drop Sample 5 to Sample 2? You need to hold down Ctrl only when releasing the mouse button so not for the duration of dragging.
Please note that dropping a phrase to a phrase generator will make a new rhythm, but note lengths will not be as you would expect. It is necessary to render the generator first (Render Phrase With Variations).

I call the 'browser' which contains your phrases (the phrase library). I refer to the 'inspector' when you right click on a phrase to see properties and actions associated with that phrase.

Thanks,
Attila

Attila,

Dropping sample 5 onto sample 2, produced the expected 'blend/morph' between the two ( source rhythm onto target notes, .. although your instructions were still not completely clear )

However, I am unable ( with these instructions ) to drag a sample source onto a COMPOSITION track, ( dropping the ctrl selected source phrase onto a composition bar destination phrase, . . . which is probable the working behavior most of us would want ( rhythm phrase source onto target composition phrase. The destination (target ) composition phrase just goes completely away ???

-- atonal

Hi Atonal,

will you be more specific please? Would you write down the steps how I could reproduce the phrase disappearing (which is obviously not the right behavior but I cannot reproduce it). If the same works with Sample phrases, which other ones did you use that did not work?

Like:
1) New composition
2) added phrase XXX to bar 1
3) dragged phrase YYY, pressed Ctrl and dropped it on phrase XXX
4) phrase XXX disappeared

BTW applying a rhythm will be more user friendly and more intuitive in the future. It will be connected to a new feature which I won't say anything about right now ;)

Thank you in advance!
Attila

Attila,

I have some ( possibly ) useful information. ( I am looking forward to your new, enhanced process to extract rhythm from phrases ... extracted/cloned rhythms should be more straightforward and useful than what is here now )

(1) When I add a single bar length phrase (xxx) to bar 1, then
(2) drag phrase ( yyy ) over that same bar, I must be extremely careful to only drag the yyy phrase WITHOUT the ctrl key down, and ONLY press the ctrl key when the yyy phrase is exactly over the target phrase. THEN it WORKS !!! , ... in other words, don't touch the ctrl key UNTIL the cursor is over the target phrase. ( it may be me, but this particular choreography was NOT particularly clear from previous directions ) -

Different process (faulty) :
(1) I added a .rcPHRS phrase ( single track ) that I had converted from a MIDI file, and dragged it onto the composition, then adjusted the entire track to 1 bar length phrases.

(2) I then attempted to drag a single 1-bar phrase over onto the single track ( which consisted of 1-bar phrase partitions, see (1) above )) , pressing the ctrl key when over the target 1 bar phrase. It is at this point, Attila, that the entire single target track disappeared ????? even though I was only attempting to alter (clone ) a single, 1 bar phrase within the track.

Attila, I think I now have the patience to WAIT for your yet to be released, enhancement for accomplishing the same behavior for extracting rhythms.

Good luck

-- atonal

Whoops!

I've just installed the new 2.8b5 beta version (32-bit).

At the end of the installation, it gives of course the ability to launch it a first time.

I do it.

It opens.

I do absolutely nothing. I simply wait for the vanishing of the usual gang screen confirming the update.

Then I click the Windows button "Close" at the top right. And... Splash!

Brrr... In November the water is cold!
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.

I've relaunched it "by the Windows Start Menu". Just to try...

It re-displays the gang screen announcing the update to v2.8b5.

Once the gang screen has vanished I try again to close by the same way (the usual button "Close" at the top right).

And... I can take a subscription to the swimming pool.

Hello everyone!
  And what is already v2.8b5 ???

Bad news here to, sorry.

Can't even get it to load and I get "Crash" notice:
RC Beta v2.8b5.jpg
Windows Vista Home Premium, Service Pack 2, x64, Core 2 Quad Q9300 @ 2.5 GHz, 8 GB RAM.

Have tried multiple times to open.

Waiting the fix (which I am sure will be soon if I know Attila :D )

Happy Musiking!
dsan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
My DAW System:

lulukom wrote:Hello everyone!
  And what is already v2.8b5 ???
A lot of new developments lulukom, but can't say for sure due to my crashing problem.

Unfortunately BlackWinny and I (at least) cannot get it running, for now.

If I may suggest, see if you can install and run. Perhaps your system is agreeable.

Before doing so though be sure you have an older working version installer you can fall back to if need be. :tu:

Hsppy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:

I just wanted to post an announcement about the beta when I saw some people have already found it. :wink:

Important: make sure you make a copy of your custom phrases before running this beta version, because as the first step it will move them to subdirectories according to the group attribute. If you have already run the beta, please check the custom phrases directory. There should not be any data loss!

With the custom phrases inserted in subdirectories, the previous RC version will not recognize them. So if you want to revert to a previous version, you will have to restore you custom phrases directory.

Please wait until I check what is going on. Please do not install this beta version until the crashing is investigated. I'll have to probably upload another version.

lulukom, there is no Mac OS X version yet, because it is completely untested on OS X.

Thanks,
Attila

Yes, Attila, thank you! We are waiting! ..

Return to “MusicDevelopments”