Bug reports

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Fyler RapidComposer

OOOps :oops: , sorry for jumping the gun Attila.

Take it as a tribute to you and your work though.

We can't wait to get to the next version of RC :party:

It's always very exciting :hug:

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

musicdevelopments wrote:I just wanted to post an announcement about the beta when I saw some people have already found it. :wink:

Important: make sure you make a copy of your custom phrases before running this beta version, because as the first step it will move them to subdirectories according to the group attribute. If you have already run the beta, please check the custom phrases directory. There should not be any data loss!

With the custom phrases inserted in subdirectories, the previous RC version will not recognize them. So if you want to revert to a previous version, you will have to restore you custom phrases directory.

Please wait until I check what is going on. Please do not install this beta version until the crashing is investigated. I'll have to probably upload another version.

lulukom, there is no Mac OS X version yet, because it is completely untested on OS X.

Thanks,
Attila
Since a misadventure we had met a long time ago (you remember?), I always make a backup of my "AppData\Roaming\RapidComposer\" directory before each new installation. A wise precaution... especially with beta versions of course.
ImageImage
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Each time there is a new beta version available I'm like a child at the foot of a Christmas Tree... I can't wait.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.

Thank you for your nice comments! :)

A new version is uploaded now. It is also called v2.8b5. It won't crash when you close the application.

It would be a big help if more people download and try this beta version. Please make a copy of your custom phrases first because the program will arrange them in directories when first run.

The crash that dsan found is not fixed yet because it may be caused by a custom phrase, and I cannot reproduce it with my phrases.
If the program crashes early during starting, please send me your custom phrases zipped.
The mechanism that loads phrases was rewritten so issues like this may occur. I will fix any bugs reported the shortest possible time.

Otherwise the new phrase browser was used a lot, so no issues are expected with it. In the next few days all other browsers will be redesigned.
Comments, suggestions are welcome. Use 'right clicking' to preview phrases or adding tags.

Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Hi again, Attila,
haven't been commenting here for a long time, but now the time is ripe ;)
First of all, huge thanks, as usual, for your hard & unstoppable work on various improvements of RC.
Like yellukhan, I also appreciated a lot your recent addition of "universal collaps all" button - it's very handy and huge time-saver.
I liked also your new creative idea with rhytmic phrase copying (or how I could name it? ;)), but still hadn't quite understand how to use it with biggest effect.
Well, and now I jump directly to the reason of my reawakening from deep sleep:
I just loaded your latest beta, installed it, far-sightedly backuped my huge collection of phrases (currently - about 4000 ones :) and after that just tried to start it.
Alas, it crashed just after 2 or 3 seconds of loading (I repeated the process twice with same results).
Then I checked "Custom phrases" dir and found that RC tried to rewrite it "with some success" (it created about 10 new sub-dirs with files inside them) but obviously after that it encountered some big problems and refused to make further reclassification work.
Summing up, there's something unpleasant that blocks it from continuing the process.
I am not sure what exactly causes such behavior and unfortunately I forgot the place where RC puts its crash reports logs.
So, please tell me what kind of additional information I could give you to check further this problem.
Thanks in advance,
T.

I've been away for a while. Wow! So many new additions to RC -- I'm overwhelmed. I was so excited to download and install the new beta -- the hierarchical patch system is a feature whose implementation I've been looking forward to.

I did come across a little bug while testing -- the preview phrase feature sometimes does not work when right-clicking a phrase; instead I see an option for removing two phrases:

Steps to reproduce:

1) Start RC. Open up the Phrases Browser. Filter the phrases in some way. In the above screenshot, I shut off Generators and Custom.
2) Close RC and restart it.
3) Open up the Phrases Browser. The filter selections are maintained from the last session (which is just awesome, by the way).
4) Right-click one of the phrases. A small popup "2 Phrases selected" is displayed with a button to "Remove 2 Phrases" instead of the preview phrase popup.

I am running the latest beta (v2.8b5) on Windows 8.1.
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

For me the new 2.8b5 opens and closes correctly now, without crash. Thank you Attila!

I'm going to see in the next two days for the tests on the new features and the fixes.

Hi tolstoevsky,

welcome back! :)
It would be a huge help if you could send me the remaining phrases in your Custom Phrases directory zipped. One of your phrases cause the process that sorts out the phrases into sub-directories crash.
So far I could not reproduce this with my phrases, but if I could, I would upload an update today with the fix. You can send the file to my e-mail address: info@m...s.com

Thank you in advance!
Attila

tolstoevsky wrote:Hi again, Attila,
haven't been commenting here for a long time, but now the time is ripe ;)
So, please tell me what kind of additional information I could give you to check further this problem.
Thanks in advance,
T.

Thank you, tonedef! This bug is fixed now, thanks to the detailed description you provided (as always).
I am so happy that many of you already downloaded and run the new version. :tu:
Attila
tonedef71 wrote:I've been away for a while. Wow! So many new additions to RC -- I'm overwhelmed. I was so excited to download and install the new beta -- the hierarchical patch system is a feature whose implementation I've been looking forward to.

I did come across a little bug while testing -- the preview phrase feature sometimes does not work when right-clicking a phrase; instead I see an option for removing two phrases:

View My Video
Hi Attila!
I know that you are busy now, but later, please see my video and
explain to me why in cycle mode for the first time my phrase only plays 1 and 3 beats, and already then to plays as it should (in the video three times the mouse I turned on transport)...

And just remind you of a little bug with last year (also the end of my video) ... If the tracks "minimized maximum", it is impossible to click the mouse on MUTE! .. Anyway, on Mac OS X ...

Hello lulukom,

I fixed that embarrassing bug when you could not click on Mute...
I was shocked when I saw your video. I have no idea why it plays back the percussion that way. I will investigate this next week, after v2.8 is released.
Can you try one thing? Add an empty soundfont track so that the old sequencer is used, and try playback again.
This is really weird.

Thank you!
Attila

Yes, Attila, tomorrow I'll try to experiment more ...
When to wait new beta for the Mac?
Sincerely lulukom

A new update is uploaded (v2.8b6) with all reported bugs fixed.
Still Windows only. The beta for Mac OS X will be available later this week.
Thanks everyone for the feedback! :clap:

Attila

Yet another annoying "focus" in latest beta found:
I just made some new phrases (via midi importing), successfully saved them with standard method - choosing "save in group/as" dialogs inside main composing page (i.e. not using phrase editor), all my new phrases appeared in phrase inspector inside new group created,
but after closing and reopening RC I didn't find that new group and, correspondingly, no traces of my new phrases :(
Looking into Custom phrases dir, I just found strange new file - ".blablabla(name of my new group created)".
So, I am rather upset by this unsuspected result of my experiments with new phrases creation...
I hope that my warning will be useful for others ;)
T.

P.S. Mini-update: after that unpleasant adventure & just for fun I also tried to save new phrase in phrase editor: same story happened (my new phrase was saved & then disappeared), but this time after closing & reopening RC I found inside my Custom phrases dir two new files - "blablabla(name of my new group created earlier)" (NB - without a dot before "blablabla" ;) and with much bigger size in comparison with that first file with dot) and also a small file ("blablabla2") with my single latest phrase. But still there are no signs of new groups inside Phrase inspector...

I am working on this issue. Please do not create new phrases until this is resolved, in the next 2 hours.
Sorry for the inconveniences, Tolstoevsky!

Thanks!
Attila

Return to “MusicDevelopments”