how to set a global scale?

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

well, i try and error this real intutiv gui;) a lot and figuered out how it works. created some nice phrases and progressions.
but what i never found: how can i set a global scale, so that the phrases with allowed "scale" tones not becomes inharmonical?

i like this tool, i dont need vsti import or use as vst and other pseudo-daw and custumize, etc. features.
it only needs a more intuitiv and good-handle workflow, with no seperation between generator/phrases, editing and renmaing of exixting generator (or phrases???); (prehearing of this), without the way via import; a solos function, and a more abstrct progression like I-IV-V-V and "transpose" this to a global scale. but thats only a statement.

first of all i want to know how to set a global scale (so, that the scale-phrases becomes the "rhigt" (the line-genrator all the global-scale-tones notes) and not playing allways in c-major). well, i know that a red "chord" means it is not in the "global" (defaulted c-major) scale - i will change them until black;)

thx

I prepared a drawing:

What you need to know is that properties like scale/tempo/signature are inherited by lower level structural units but they can override them. E.g. the global scale that you set on the composition level is inherited by verses, and what you set for verses are inherited by lines.

Thanks,
Attila

Hello,

FYI a tutorial was posted recently that explains how to set up a composition from scratch:
http://www.musicdevelopments.com/quickstart.html

In addition the v2.06 update has the ability to reharmonize the chords if you choose another scale. E.g. if you used E minor, you can listen your composition in D major if you want. All chords are automatically adjusted.

Thanks,
Attila

Return to “MusicDevelopments”