Midi Start/Stop Messages

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Attila,
I hope you are well.

Is it possible now to send midi start/stop from RC to an outside host? I cannot find this in the manual. If so I am hopeful you can point me in the right direction.

If not, will this be a feature in an upcoming version?

Here is the scenario:

I run two machines, connected via LAN and can send midi via Tobias Ericson's program, rtpMIDI.

Machine one has RC and machine two hosts my DAWs; Live 9, Sonar X2, Cubase 6 and Studio One 2. All have the ability to wait for a midi message to start recording.

I am able to record in these DAWs (have done so using BIAB on machine one); however, when recording RC I have to start recording offbeat (due to the delay in "Start Record" on one machine and switching to the other to "Play" RC.) Obviously I can move the recorded midi data to the proper time in the DAW; however, this becomes cumbersome and tedious and sometimes results in the midi out of sync or timing issues.

Looking forward to this feature implemented at your earliest opportunity.

Thanks very much!

Best regards and,

Happy Musiking!
dsan

Hi dsan!

This is planned for a while, but I'll check if it can be implemented easily in the next few days. Do you know if outputting MIDI Clock messages are also required? Or just MIDI Start/Stop/Continue/Song Position messages? The latter would be relatively easy to implement. I'll let you know...

Thanks,
Attila

Hi Attila,
I assume midi clock is required to stay in sync, but I'm not knowledgable enough to know.

Certainly the ability to start/stop, etc. will be greatly useful.

I know you are busy and don't want to interrupt your processes. I am happy to await your progresses.

Thanks very much!

Best regards and

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

Return to “MusicDevelopments”