Default new composition to GM?

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Maybe I am imagining it, but I thought on earlier versions I could set a default to GM instruments so that when I opened a new project everything was setup for my GM hardware module.

I went through all the tabs under Settings and looked through other tabs, and I can't seem to find anything like that.

Can this be done through settings or do I have to create a new template and rename it something so it will open as the default for new projects?

Thanks.
Help! I've fallen up and can't get down!

Win7 x64 Dual Dualcore Xeon 3.0 Ghz 16 GB Ram. Cubase 6, RapidComposer, BIAB, Abelton 6, Acid Pro 6,Roland XV5080 & Super JD, E-Mu CS PX7, Korg Radias R and MI-EX R, ASR-X Turbo, UAD 2 Quads, stuff.

Are you using the latest beta? I have it in my version, 2.2.1 full, in the settings under MISC.

If this option no longer exists then yes a template will be the way to go.

I imagine though Attila will put the option in (back in) before release once he becomes aware of this.

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

Thanks!

Yes, I am.

Can you please tell me exactly which tab/ tab page it is on and the title of the drop down box so I can be sure I'm looking in the right place?

Como

Win7 x64 Dual Dualcore Xeon 3.0 Ghz 16 GB Ram. Cubase 6, RapidComposer, BIAB, Abelton 6, Acid Pro 6,Roland XV5080 & Super JD, E-Mu CS PX7, Korg Radias R and MI-EX R, ASR-X Turbo, UAD 2 Quads, stuff.

Just search, there aren't that many tabs in the program. If you still can't find it-

Settings/Misc

Como,
I found it on the Settings Tab/Misc, and then scroll down about 3/4 of the way.

Also, I'm not using the beta but the last full version update.

Happy Musiking!
dsan

Yes, templates are still missing but there is an easy workaround. You set up a composition with all settings and save it. It will be added among the recent compositions which you can access with two clicks (click on 'Recents' and click on your template). Not an ideal solution but something tells me that templates will be implemented very soon.

Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

dsan@mail.com wrote:Como,

Happy Musiking!
dsan
I find "Set General MIDI Controller sets for ..."

Is this what you mean?

What I am wanting is that when I open a new composition it will select the voices from the GM patches on my sound module ... the selected MIDI out port, instead of automatically selecting sound fonts for the voices.

I think Attila is saying that this is generated by the program, not by the program selecting a 'default' empty project somewhere.

Not a biggie.

Thanks.

themixtape wrote:Just search, there aren't that many tabs in the program. If you still can't find it-

Settings/Misc
I did read all the tabs and subtabs before I asked. I guess my memory was playing tricks, since it appears I was searching for something that didn't exist.:cry:

OK, composition templates are now implemented. You can add, remove and of course use templates.
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

como baila wrote:
dsan@mail.com wrote:Como,

Happy Musiking!
dsan
I find "Set General MIDI Controller sets for ..."

Is this what you mean?

What I am wanting is that when I open a new composition it will select the voices from the GM patches on my sound module ... the selected MIDI out port, instead of automatically selecting sound fonts for the voices.

I think Attila is saying that this is generated by the program, not by the program selecting a 'default' empty project somewhere.

Not a biggie.

Thanks.
Hi Como,
No, on the Settings Tab/Misc., (on my version 2.2.1) there is a setting to open a new composition with midi instruments (I assume instead of SF2 instruments). I was wrong about the "3/4 way down". It is in the top portion.

Unfortunately I am not at my music computer to be able to guide you better at this time. From what I can gather it appears this feature was removed in the beta. I am not using the beta to be able to confirm what has changed.

However, it sounds like what you are wanting to do is more a template design, which Attila has now implemented. With this new feature you can set up your templates to open with the instruments you want.

Thank you Attila! This will be a useful feature. and I am looking forward to using it!

Happy Musiking!
dsan

Return to “MusicDevelopments”