All my tracks are named 'No Patch Change!'

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is there really no way to name a track (so it will carry that name in the exported midi file) ... or am I missing something?

I am using GM out ... but to non-GM patches. I know what they are, but if I select a GM patch to get a name, then that will send a patch change that I don't want.

What to do?
Help! I've fallen up and can't get down!

Win7 x64 Dual Dualcore Xeon 3.0 Ghz 16 GB Ram. Cubase 6, RapidComposer, BIAB, Abelton 6, Acid Pro 6,Roland XV5080 & Super JD, E-Mu CS PX7, Korg Radias R and MI-EX R, ASR-X Turbo, UAD 2 Quads, stuff.

You can rename a track by double-clicking on its name or in the track inspector.
By default the track name is a special token '{preset}' which will automatically name the track after the preset.

Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Hmmmm ... I thought I tried this ... in the track header everything was greyed out. I'll take another look.

I did update the track name successfully with the inspector, but it didn't seem to show up in the track header where the mute, solo and little sound source circle are displayed.

Previously if using General Midi patches, the name of the instrument was displayed.

I guess I'm not clear for the exported MIDI whether the track name shown in the inspector is in the exported MIDI file, even if it doesn't show up in RC in the track header.
Help! I've fallen up and can't get down!

Win7 x64 Dual Dualcore Xeon 3.0 Ghz 16 GB Ram. Cubase 6, RapidComposer, BIAB, Abelton 6, Acid Pro 6,Roland XV5080 & Super JD, E-Mu CS PX7, Korg Radias R and MI-EX R, ASR-X Turbo, UAD 2 Quads, stuff.

Return to “MusicDevelopments”