Adjust Note Lengths ... Sorry! Some people are never satisfied

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The Adjust Note Lengths variation is useful ... but could be a lot more useful if it permitted two types of relative adjustment instead of the fixed values offered.

1) A slider that permitted all notes to be shortened from their current values. For example, if you had a 2 1/8ths, a half and a 1/4 note in a bar, the notes' onset would stay the same, but you could shorten them all proportionaly. If you extended the 'shortening' past the length of the shortest notes, those notes would simply disappear. That way you could create more rhythmic chord passages and other neat trick with the generators.

2) A slider or fixed value option that shorten all notes by a fixed interval, e.g., 1/16th, 1/32nd/ etc. Again, notes that would be shortened past their original length would simply disappear.
Help! I've fallen up and can't get down!

Win7 x64 Dual Dualcore Xeon 3.0 Ghz 16 GB Ram. Cubase 6, RapidComposer, BIAB, Abelton 6, Acid Pro 6,Roland XV5080 & Super JD, E-Mu CS PX7, Korg Radias R and MI-EX R, ASR-X Turbo, UAD 2 Quads, stuff.

Interesting.
Did you know that you could shorten the notes using the Staccato-Legato variation? You can make them longer too to reach the next note.
You can even control the note length using an envelope.
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

musicdevelopments wrote:Interesting.
Did you know that you could shorten the notes using the Staccato-Legato variation? You can make them longer too to reach the next note.
You can even control the note length using an envelope.
I know about the Staccato-Legato variation ... but I didn't think about it in this way. I thought legato would move the end of each note to the beginning of the next, but not past it or anywhere in between ... I'll have to experiment with this. I also didn't realize that the Staccato could proportionally reduce note lengths, if this is what you mean.

Looks like another display of ignorance ... but don't count on it being the last one from me!

Mea culpa.
Help! I've fallen up and can't get down!

Win7 x64 Dual Dualcore Xeon 3.0 Ghz 16 GB Ram. Cubase 6, RapidComposer, BIAB, Abelton 6, Acid Pro 6,Roland XV5080 & Super JD, E-Mu CS PX7, Korg Radias R and MI-EX R, ASR-X Turbo, UAD 2 Quads, stuff.

Return to “MusicDevelopments”