RC.vst as a 64-bit plug-in on MAC is not supported yet?

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi donato,

I'll send you the download link for the beta in PM.

> Will we see the better resolution for retina mac users in 2.6?

No, I am afraid, this will come later.
You just have to check "Open in low resolution" check box in application information.
So select the app, press Cmd+I (or got to File > Get info) and check the "Open in low resolution"
It will be much better, though I have no access to a retina mac at the moment. Please let me know if this setting is greyed out.

Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Hi Attila and all forum members!
While unfortunately, RC-vst-64 on Mac 10.9.2 (and 10.7.5) in Digital Performer 8 works very bad!
1. Continuing reports of an internal error !
2. And very poor synchronization with DP (first notes in 1 bar is not playing). there are other problems ...
For example, all the windows in the DP freeze and no response to mouse and keyboard, you can only do Force Quit Applications
PS Tested on different MAC and different OSX
Last edited by lulukom on Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hi lulukom
just wondering...
is "follow host tempo" checked?

Hi yellukhan !
And where in RC "follow host tempo"?
Maybe I just have not found?

lulukom wrote:Hi yellukhan !
And where in RC "follow host tempo"?
Maybe I just have not found?
Hellolulu
:D

Here:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Yes,yellukhan, thanks of course, but that's what I found, but the problems are the same! Now I did a normal sync, but ... internal error host and freeze all the windows make it impossible to work,
unfortunately (((
Two days three people with extensive experience (two MAC) are trying to configure the plugin, but maybe MAC and Digital Performer 64 bits have not been tested , yet there is a problem and we are awaiting a response from Attila!
Thanks for your reply with the picture )!)!
PS . When starting to play the DP and RC on top, then it is impossible to stop the transport of the host has to make forced program termination ))) To be sure, it will stop, but after about 1-2 minutes (maybe longer) Generally all reactions with a very long delay!
PS 2 . RC VST does not save composition with the host?
PS 3. When the RC on top, do not have access to transport host. You need to start to activate a window DAW, and then you can press Play.
Very uncomfortable!)

Oh no, Digital Performer again! :bang:
DP sometimes displays an error message about an error in the MOTU audio subsystem that does not make much sense because RapidComposer does not generate audio, only sends MIDI notes to the host.

I already contacted MOTU about this message, but I haven't got any usable information from them, they don't seem to care.

David (dbender) uses the 64-bit plug-in on OS X 10.6.8 with DP8, I hope with great success because he hasn't complained for a while ;)

What I suggest is this: there is one thing that I want to fix in RC on OS X, then I will test DP8 on 10.9 a lot and will pester MOTU again if this happens. When the next update is released sometime in April, you can also contact MOTU, the more people complain the better.

Sorry for the inconveniences.
Attila

PS: you can completely disable rendering soundfonts in Settings/Miscellaneous. Please try that and see if it improves stability.
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

I'm hoping these problems w/ DP are due to OS 10.9, since I'm on 10.6.8 and plan in the near future to update to 10.8.5. I'm staying away from 10.9 until it matures some more, have heard DP has a few problems with it.

dbender -

Noticed your comment about making the leap from 10.6.8 to 10.8.5 (Mountain Lion).
I'm faced with exactly the same decision, though in my case I am new to DAWs, soft synths, and computer music in general (coming from the hardware synth world). I deliberately requested from the dealer I purchased the MacBook from to DOWNGRADE from Lion to Snow Leopard precisely because - at the time (last year) the comments I read on Web suggested Snow Leopard was still the most stable O/S for music production, and to avoid Lion altogether. Yet it seems like we're reaching the point now where more and more programs are specifying minimum of 10.7. So like you I'm now contemplating making the jump directly to Mountain Lion. I'm curious: what is prompting you to make the move from 10.6.8 now? Is it for the same reason as I stated above? And are you at the point where you feel pretty strongly that there will be no serious downside to moving to Mountain Lion? Any advice would be greatly appreciated, before I commit to making the leap. I'll tell you, I'm really tempted to just install Windows 7 via BootCamp, which would really be ironic considering I purchased the Mac on assumption OSX was much less of a hassle than Windows.

Steve in Jersey

Return to “MusicDevelopments”