Mirror Vertically in Variations missing?

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

como baila wrote:... but I'd still prefer to do this in the phrase inspector grid (the little note grid window at the bottom of the phrase inspector)
My current workflow with RC is not especially "rapid", to be sure. I do not utilize the full potential of editing phrases in the track piano roll; I do drag the phrases around in the track and right-click them to edit some phrase settings. I primarily perform most of my phrase editing (and experimentation) in the Phrase Editor tab, and then I switch back to the Composition view to hear that edited phrase in context of the entire arrangement (I tend to save multiple versions of a custom phrase to the Phrase Browser, and then I go back and delete the ones I no longer care to preserve). :ud:

I have also been using RC exclusively as a standalone application -- I have not tried to use it as a VSTi in my DAW. :borg:

I really do need to step outside my comfort zone and explore how to utilize RC more effectively. :scared:
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

You have a talent for conceptualizing things and making suggestions that make great musical and work flow sense.

I encourage you to move out of that comfort zone, for as you start to explore more ways of using RC your talents will benefit us all.
Help! I've fallen up and can't get down!

Win7 x64 Dual Dualcore Xeon 3.0 Ghz 16 GB Ram. Cubase 6, RapidComposer, BIAB, Abelton 6, Acid Pro 6,Roland XV5080 & Super JD, E-Mu CS PX7, Korg Radias R and MI-EX R, ASR-X Turbo, UAD 2 Quads, stuff.

[quote="musicdevelopments"]If a feature is requested by so many people, it becomes high priority. ;)
You'll find 'Mirror Vertically' in the latest beta (beta11).
I'll give it a more sensible name in v3.0 when 'Mirror Horizontally' will be renamed as well.

It can do chromatic, diatonic and chord note (I don't know its proper name) inversions depending on the phrase.
The inversion type depends on the notes contained in the phrase:
- absolute notes: chromatic inversion
- scale-relative notes: diatonic inversion
- chord-relative notes: chord notes inversion

I tested all 3 methods. It does amazing things with staccato strings phrases...

Thank you all for your input!
Attila[/quote]

So if you want to apply a chromatic inversion to any scale or chord-relative notes the phrase needs to be converted to absolute notes? Is not possible to leave the notes in their relative status and have the algorithm deal with it? I just wonder:)
Attila I dont mind if you keep the name "mirror" for the inversions variations....for me inversion applied to music is in some cases an inexact word and for the matter we are talking about, i mean creating variations of an original chord or melody, the word mirror and all its geometrical options available is a better word to describe the vertical or horizontal note reflexions and the 180 degres rotation of a melody ( called retrograde inversion, another awkward word...)

Another easy question unrelated to this: is there a keyboard shortcut for " open a composition " ? i don't see it list in the manual.
I can start to see that RC is a different kind of app for composers and I see the potential of it growing every day to be a tool with features choosen by the users..I really like that! .this is great!.. as well as the high level of the forum participants and the feedback from the master. Thanks Attila

Tomi

como baila wrote:You have a talent for conceptualizing things and making suggestions that make great musical and work flow sense.

You are too kind. :oops:
como baila wrote:I encourage you to move out of that comfort zone, for as you start to explore more ways of using RC your talents will benefit us all.
Well, I may need to follow a workflow that is more suitable for RC; the haphazard workflow that I employ now seems to be keeping me from completing any songs in RC. :ud:
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

What DAW do you use?

VSTi hosting ... which I will take some credit for selling to Attila several years ago ... is especially rich in Cubase 7.5 with it's new chord tracks.

Ideally, you lay our an identical chord progression in both RC and Cubase. In Cubase you can add audio in key, drum tracks and any bits of midi you like. You then use specified general midi channels to port your tracks from RC to Cubase midi tracks. You can then loop your project from Cubase section by section while you work out your tracks in RC. When you are 'happy,' you can then internally sum the VSTi or external sound modules used in Cubase to audio tracks and then mix from there.

You can alternatively record the midi output of RC into Cubase and the unload RC once you have your midi. Cubase ... and most DAWs ... also has a host of midi plugins and midi manipulation features to permit you to further process your midi from RC. I try to avoid adding audio plugins at this stage to keep the project light and CPU lean. Once you render your midi tracks to audio, you can unload your VSTi instruments and start using your audio processing to prepare your mix.

Pardon, if you know all this ... but this is at least one approach to really integrating RC into a song making tool.
Help! I've fallen up and can't get down!

Win7 x64 Dual Dualcore Xeon 3.0 Ghz 16 GB Ram. Cubase 6, RapidComposer, BIAB, Abelton 6, Acid Pro 6,Roland XV5080 & Super JD, E-Mu CS PX7, Korg Radias R and MI-EX R, ASR-X Turbo, UAD 2 Quads, stuff.

tsmiguel wrote:So if you want to apply a chromatic inversion to any scale or chord-relative notes the phrase needs to be converted to absolute notes? Is not possible to leave the notes in their relative status and have the algorithm deal with it? I just wonder:)
Yes, the phrase needs to be converted first. The variation is not smart enough to change that, it works with whatever notes are in the phrase.
tsmiguel wrote:Attila I dont mind if you keep the name "mirror" for the inversions variations....for me inversion applied to music is in some cases an inexact word
I see, thanks, this helps a lot. Yes, 'inversion' means lots of things.
tsmiguel wrote:Another easy question unrelated to this: is there a keyboard shortcut for " open a composition " ? i don't see it list in the manual.
There was no shortcut for that... until today. In the next update (or beta) you can press 'O' or Ctrl-O if you prefer that.
tsmiguel wrote:this is great!.. as well as the high level of the forum participants and the feedback from the master. Thanks Attila

Tomi
:oops: I realize that there are many creative people here on this forum, most of them are more creative than me :hihi:

Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

I just realized this last post and would like to comment that we all have our gifts and use them in different ways ;)

I for one, and believe I can speak for many here, am so grateful for your creativeness Attila!

Without your gift none of us would be participating in such a wonderful community of gifted people. :tu:

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

dsan@mail.com wrote:I ... am so grateful for your creativeness Attila!

Without your gift none of us would be participating in such a wonderful community of gifted people. :tu:
+1

Thank you! :)
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Return to “MusicDevelopments”