RC as VSTi and Cubase 7.5.10 - 32bit..!

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

I'd be grateful if anyone reading here could post about their experience in using RC as a VSTi in a 32bit host please..? More specifically if possible, Cubase 7.5.10 in Win7 SP1.

Any time I try, Cubase hangs, then the entire system locks up. This is immediately after trying to instantiate RC in the VST Rack.

Now, my theory is its occurring because of RAM limitations (4Gb OS maximum allowed). Even with Cubase launched and a clean empty project, Windows Task Manager says I have almost 2Gb RAM free. Yet still, trying to load RC causes the complete hang. Only solution is a hard re-boot of machine.

There has been confirmation this is not a problem in 64bit systems (with Cubase too)

Just looking for peace of mind, as to whether I've a problem with my system, or there's a problem with Cubase, or, that we maybe uncover some new clue for Attila to look into... :-)

Standalone, RC works fine. I am using the latest 2.56b11 beta

I will try and download and install another host (Reaper..?) and see if RC loads in that on my system ok...

Cheers
thebutler

EDIT [seems to load and work in Reaper; but will not even show as an instrument/effect in the browser in Studio One - have tried placing the *.dll in a folder or outside. Re-booted. No go... Others report this is working ok for them in S1. So, its pointing to my system being at fault somehow and I don't know what to try next... :( ]
Win10; i7 4790K; 16Gb RAM; GTX750Ti; Cubase Pro v13.0.30; WaveLab Pro v11.2.0; S1 v6.5.2; UR44 audio/MIDI

Know nothing of Cubase, but it definitely works in Reaper, and well.

StudioOne will not let you use 3rd party plugins unless you have the higher-end version of it, I believe... and I'm not sure if it will let you use a tempo-based one.

No problems whatsoever over here, with Reaper.

Thanks themixtape (Chris..!).

As you say, all is good with Reaper it seems - but I particularly want to experiment with Cubase's new Chord-Track and RC integration (there's another post elsewhere from como baila, describing the fun he's having doing exactly this on his 64bit edition..!).

Ah..! thats interesting about S1 - didn't know that; thanks, I'll check what I got.

Cheers,
thebutler
Win10; i7 4790K; 16Gb RAM; GTX750Ti; Cubase Pro v13.0.30; WaveLab Pro v11.2.0; S1 v6.5.2; UR44 audio/MIDI

I use it as VSTi in Cantabile, Mulab, Ableton Live (8 lite)... and now Reaper (since yesterday!). My prefered DAW remaining Mulab for its simplicity though very complete and powerful.

RC talks very well with all these DAWS... and it is like this (as VSTI itself) that I find it the most enjoyable and the most versatile to drive the other VSTIs.

All that:
  • in 32 bit, in a 32 bit Windows 7 in a tower containing a i5 with 4 Gb RAM
  • and in 32/64 bit, in a 64 bit Windows 8.1 in a laptop containing another i5 (with 8 Gb).
If you try Reaper, follow accurately the chapter 5 of the help file of RC as I did, it is like this that I have really understood all the power of RC (with the first described method of the chapter), but for the test I've used TyrellN6 for the chords track and OBXD for melody track and... woahhhhhh! Oh my god !!!!
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

thebutler wrote:Hello,

I'd be grateful if anyone reading here could post about their experience in using RC as a VSTi in a 32bit host please..? More specifically if possible, Cubase 7.5.10 in Win7 SP1.

Any time I try, Cubase hangs, then the entire system locks up. This is immediately after trying to instantiate RC in the VST Rack.

Now, my theory is its occurring because of RAM limitations (4Gb OS maximum allowed). Even with Cubase launched and a clean empty project, Windows Task Manager says I have almost 2Gb RAM free. Yet still, trying to load RC causes the complete hang. Only solution is a hard re-boot of machine.
Hi, I'm having exactly the same issue in the 64 bit version of Cubase 7.5.0 64bit. I don't think it's RAM related though, as I have 32G installed. I have to kill Cubase via the task manager.
BTW, I'm running RC 2.55 (x64), and copied the dll into my 64bit VST folder after installation.

Thanks for posting BlackWinny - I haven't had much chance/incentive to dive more into Reaper as yet; sounds promising... but I do like my Cubase..!!

And to leonski - hope you can persevere and find a solution with your 64bit adventures...! Interesting to read that my/our issue may not be RAM amount related...

Also, there's other posts from user como baila who is having great success with C7 and 64bit and RC as a VSTi... just saying...

Return to “MusicDevelopments”