Suspension and non-harmonic tones

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

musicdevelopments wrote:An algorithm could "decorate" the master track by inserting suspensions, and all phrases will automatically follow the master track. It would be a kind of "chord processor" that analyses the master track chords and adds new suspended chords where needed or possible. Does it sound good?
I agree, it would be a nice (and elegant) solution.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

musicdevelopments wrote:Thank you, BlackWinny, for the references!

Chris, you gave me a good idea! We don't have to modify any phrases to introduce suspension as I thought earlier, this is what the master track is used for. An algorithm could "decorate" the master track by inserting suspensions, and all phrases will automatically follow the master track. It would be a kind of "chord processor" that analyses the master track chords and adds new suspended chords where needed or possible. Does it sound good?

Thanks,
Attila
I possibly misunderstand the difference between a "master track" and the variation settings that can be applied to an entire track from the individual track header, but my first thought is that it would be something that might better go as a variation in the track header so that one could pick and choose which voices, i.e., strings, etc., were subject to the 'chord decorations' and which ones were not on a track by track basis.

I think it would create greater flexibility and also potentially avoid some untoward effects from the master track's processing on non-chordal voices such as bass lines, solos, etc.

But since I don't really know what I am talking about on either the music theory or the coding side, my concerns may be entirely misplaced.
Help! I've fallen up and can't get down!

Win7 x64 Dual Dualcore Xeon 3.0 Ghz 16 GB Ram. Cubase 6, RapidComposer, BIAB, Abelton 6, Acid Pro 6,Roland XV5080 & Super JD, E-Mu CS PX7, Korg Radias R and MI-EX R, ASR-X Turbo, UAD 2 Quads, stuff.

Return to “MusicDevelopments”