Melody Generator Note Range

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thank you Attila for all of the great new features and bug fixes in the latest 2.56b13. I was trying out the new extended range of the Melody Generator to create bass line melodies -- it is wonderful to be able to reach the lower note octaves now to generate monophonic bass lines for a Contrabass! :hyper:

Unfortunately, I noticed a bug while configuring a Melody Generator's Note Range within the Idea Tool. I created a Melody Generator for Contrabass and custom configured it to use a Note Range of (C1-C4):

When I click back to examine the changes I previously made to the Melody Generator, the Note Range has been reset back to the default values (G2-F4)! :o

As you can see, this little bug thwarts the notion to generate a melody within the instrument's natural note range. :(

:idea: I did come up with the following workaround until the bug can be fixed:
1) Hit the Shift+G key combination to generate the idea and return to the composition tab.
2) For each of the created Melody Generators, set the Note Range property to the desired value and click the "Apply To Selection" button. By immediately applying the change to the selection, the note range change does get persisted.

By the way, should the value in the Last Note drop-down (as seen in the screenshots above) be "Random Scale Note In Note Range" instead of "Random Scale In Note Range" (to be consistent with the wording of the value of the First Note drop-down)?
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

Thank you tonedef, this is fixed now.
By the way, should the value in the Last Note drop-down (as seen in the screenshots above) be "Random Scale Note In Note Range" instead of "Random Scale In Note Range"
Right! I fixed this too.
Thanks for reporting this, and especially for the screenshots, which I am always grateful for...
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Return to “MusicDevelopments”