How to repeat phrases (2 times or n times) ?

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

BlackWinny wrote:In fact a solution that I would have liked to use in the structure inspector was the ability to duplicate the totality of a line with all its content by a menu "copy the line with its content" followed by a menu "insert the copy before this line" or "insert the copy after this line" in the structure inspector. It would have probably helped me a lot.
:pray:
Dear BlackWinny, this is what the small (x2) button does in the structure inpector. Instead of clicking on the (+) button which just adds an empty line, (x2) will duplicate all phrases too.
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Hi Dennis,

you are right, this must be thought over. I see you'd like a more general solution. I have the following in my mind:
(1) you select a range on the timeline, that you want to repeat in a track (in any tracks, not all tracks)
(2) in the track inspector of your chosen track you click on a button called "Repeat Range". The background of the track changes (e.g. to green) to indicate this is a repeated region.
(3) now you need to tell the program when the repetition should stop by positioning the playback position and clicking another button "Repeat Until XX.X". The background of the track changes where the repetition takes place (e.g. to light green) and maybe the silhouette of the repeated phrase is shown, of course it is not editable.

There must be options available to change or remove the repetition. This is absolutely doable, although no small work, but not difficult either.

Thanks,
Attila

Brilliant Attila! :tu:
This sounds like a viable solution. I like how you have put it together.

How about others? Will this solution work for you for repeats? Thoughts?

Thanks Attila!

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

To my mind it is an excellent solution.

What I wonder is... will it be compatible with the future function planned by Attila which is the addition of lyrics (so of course repetitive musical verses in support of these lyrics)?

Is there any risk of a redundancy? Or perhaps of collision between these two functions?
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

This is a good question, BlackWinny!
It would interfere with other functions if the track would be 'compressed' not to show the repeated notes. I would not like that because it would make things very complicated and it is best to leave the timeline linear.
There could be shortcuts or buttons added for 'Repeat Until End Of Line', 'Repeat Until End Of Part' and 'Repeat Until End'.

I really want to fix everything, all outstanding issues until the end of this week, then very exciting times will come when adding new features. Sometimes I sit back and say 'now I really fixed everything, the program has no more bugs' but people always find new problems :dog: :)

musicdevelopments wrote:Sometimes I sit back and say 'now I really fixed everything, the program has no more bugs' but people always find new problems :dog: :)

:D
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.

I just love the emoticons BlackWinny :D

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:

I'm an eternal "laughter". I have stopped few years ago my wonderful profession because of a sudden deeply incapacitating neurological disease (luckily very few time before the retirement), and before that... I have traveled around the world (I was biogeographer) often in countries of great poverty so I have seen in front of me the highest happinesses and the worst sorrows all along my life. All that have taught me to take the life with simplicity and above all with an eternal smile (and to share it).

We have much in common BlackWinny. I am glad to see you have held strong and continue to laugh!

It is the best :)

My doctors think I am strange because I complain little and take things lightly. :hihi: What's the point in complaining when no one there to listen? :hihi:

You must have loved your work. Sounds very interesting and intriguing.

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:

I am impressed, BlackWinny. I am glad to have you here! We need optimistic people on this forum :wheee:
Attila

For me getting older .. I find it easier and easier to let of 'crap'.. Things that used to drive me crazy.. I can just dismiss, like switching off a switch.. I guess it comes with age, or being exposed to a lot different situations..

Return to “MusicDevelopments”