I need a little help for the banks of a VST in RapidComposer

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It's too bad Zen gives the noted response in RC. I also noticed it won't read my Alchemy presets. This has to do with the fact Alchemy does not store presets in an FXB file and Zen requires FXB files to be usable.

I think no matter which method used, some VST's will just not be readable due to numerous reasons and will require a CUSTOM rc.INST file created. While not opposed to this solution it is a bit cumbersome, but doable.

Having said that I truly believe Attila will come up with a working solution.

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

Here is another new (but good news...) behavior.

I'm going to show in three successive posts.

I have tried with Cakewalk Square I (which comes with a huge bank of 768 places for presets, 192 places being actually occupied). First let me show this default bank:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by BlackWinny on Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Second: I declare Square I in RC... and it finds the 768 places of the bank ! (until now I've always seen a limit of 128 places):
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.

And third : in the inspector I correctly see all the 768 places !

Wooohooo! :tu:

This is encouraging!

So what is different with Square I that RC will read the presets list?

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:

I think that I have found a good track with this example...

I keep on checking my collection of VSTIs...

I will also assume that if you remove the VST from RC you will lose the list of presets.

What happens then if you want to use RC and send the MIDI data to another host? This is what prompted me to create the CUSTOM rc.INST file to begin with. I kept getting program changes when I didn't want them.

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:

dsan@mail.com wrote:I will also assume that if you remove the VST from RC you will lose the list of presets.

What happens then if you want to use RC and send the MIDI data to another host? This is what prompted me to create the CUSTOM rc.INST file to begin with. I kept getting program changes when I didn't want them.

Happy Musiking!
dsan
Hihi! Before thinking to remove it... I simply try to create a patch in OBXD (just turned a knob to make a little difference) and save it with the button "Save" of the Track Inspector. Not even managed to get it successed.

I have tried also with Aliquoter (another excellent freeware). With Aliquoter, in RC I see correctly a bank of about 30 places, some being still free, and the occupied places sounding well. So I have tried to create a new patch (just chose a different waveform on the first oscillator, starting from an existing preset) and use the function "Add current VSTi state as new preset" to save it as a new preset. Oualou! (arabic slang term for "No way..." :) In chinese you could even not read the term :) ) It was even impossible to give it a name to identify it. So for the moment the only way seems to save the preset by the internal functions (when they exist) of the VSTI itself.

dsan@mail.com wrote:It's too bad Zen gives the noted response in RC. I also noticed it won't read my Alchemy presets. This has to do with the fact Alchemy does not store presets in an FXB file and Zen requires FXB files to be usable
Actually, it does not. It requires the vsti to be able to save single presets, which is part of the vst standard but not supported by some vsti's. I can't remember exactly why it doesn't work with Alchemy (but since the Alchemy browser actually uses Zen as well, it should be possible to make them work smoothly together).

dsan@mail.com wrote:Here are the Custom rc.INST files for Rob Papen's Blue.

I hope this helps you get the how to sorted and for anyone else that can use these, have fun!

Happy Musiking!
dsan

Thank you so much dsan!
this helped me a lot to understand how to switch banks...
:tu: :hug:

Return to “MusicDevelopments”