2 VIDEOS : RC used as VSTi to drive up to 16 VST instruments in Reaper and Mulab

RELATED
PRODUCTS
MuLab App Night Flight OB-Xd - Virtual Analog Synthesizer RapidComposer REAPER

I agree. I used a cracked version of Live 8 for a few years. when they offered Live 9 for with M4l as a upgrade for around 485 i jumped on it. Lately ive had some issues with Live taking a long time to boot and save. Ive considered selling it and still might. but i do know my way around. I really like the ability to view all midi tracks in a single view like cubase and fl studio. Ive used studio one some and will probably go back to it.

You too revorg1? uuuhhhh....the slow starts and saving that is ;)

Are you running the latest update? I have found starts and saves to be a bit better in the latest and greatest....still, not up to how fast other DAW's and RC starts for me.

I have noticed that if I keep Kontakt 5 out of the compostion, things are better. Are you using K5 when you find this problem?

See if you get better results if you leave K5 out of the work. I am curious to know to see if I can pin things down more waht is the problem. I really do like working in Live so I'm trying to get to the root of the problem to try to fix it.

I'll look forward to your reply.

Congrats for going legit! :tu: Only way to be IMO ;)

BTW - I wasn't able to help you with the problem you have as I only use RC stand alone.

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

The slow starts are from an empty new live. I do use kontakt but its not in the empty start. its the latest update. i removed everything from the files section so there is no indexing.

Hi revorg1

Few minutes ago I just stumbled on that thread in the Ableton forum... which confirms exactly what I wrote you three days ago.

Read carefully all these two pages about Ableton Live 9 Suite concerning this absent function... For me, it confirms magnificently what I think of Ableton: a company which makes something indeed good for the live... but which really takes the piss out of the composers with a tool which at 830 dollars (as you'll read, even withMax4Live it doesn't do it!) doesn't implement such an elementary function which is implemented by tools at 70 dollars!!!

And of course, the cheapest edition of Live 9 being absolutely a joke compared the total suite... there's no possibility at all to try Live 9 Suite in depth to have the least knowledge of this absence before you buy! You discover it after you bought and lost your 830 dollars!

You know what? To compose, with Mulab or Reaper which are given compared to Live 9 Suite (both are only 70 dollars !)... I can do 10 times more variety of composition than with Ableton Live which costs 10 times more expensive! Because with Mulab or Reaper... at least I can split and route my MIDI channels!
:party:

This thread from Ableton users themselves on the Ableton forum itself is a huge pointer of the deception of the Ableton users. After having paid 830 dollars to buy Live 9 Suite... if they want to do something a bit advanced in composition they are obliged to buy another DAW!!!
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Return to “Tips & Tricks”