a few questions on phrase morpher and limit note range variation?

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, i can't figure out how to use the phrase morpher and it seems like a great tool, can someone explain step by step how to apply it? can't seem to find info anywhere on the phrase morpher.

Also, for variations, the "limit note range" variation how do i add this to a phrase? in the variation tab its there, but when i goto the variation inside the phrase its not there, so i can't add it to the phrase. is there a way to apply variations in the popup tab? since i don't see a add to button or apply in the tab, only add button is in the variation inside the phrase tab.

Hi musicnerd,
musicnerd wrote:Hi, i can't figure out how to use the phrase morpher and it seems like a great tool, can someone explain step by step how to apply it? can't seem to find info anywhere on the phrase morpher.
Look at Attila's website, tutorial 4 shows how to use the phrase morpher http://www.musicdevelopments.com/phrasemorphing.html.
musicnerd wrote:Also, for variations, the "limit note range" variation how do i add this to a phrase? in the variation tab its there, but when i goto the variation inside the phrase its not there, so i can't add it to the phrase. is there a way to apply variations in the popup tab? since i don't see a add to button or apply in the tab, only add button is in the variation inside the phrase tab.
I actually had the same question one day earlier than you in another thread and I think Attila won't mind when I copy and paste his answer :hihi: :
musicdevelopments wrote:Usually variations work with phrases before rendering, when the absolute notes are not yet calculated. "Limit Note Range" requires the absolute notes, so it can be added only to a track, and processed after rendering the notes. So this is handled a bit differently from other variations.
You know that you can drag and drop the variations from the browser to the phrase, don't you.
I haven't tried the limit note range function yet (since I got this hint) though.

Hope it helps, Max

thank you for the help!

Phrase morpher related question.

After phrase morphing, between 1st chord and 8th chord I got 6 chords phrase.
How can I edit 2th chord in this phrase, because it is too high?

How can I split this 6th chords phrase to able edit each chord separately?

I won't say that you should change the second chord because the phrase morpher will regenerate itself. It is a good idea to "Render Phrase With Variations" which will turn the phrase morpher into an ordinary phrase. Then you can change the chords, or edit notes.

You may also split the phrase into parts for further editing (select Split 'Phrase Morpher' At X.XX or press the backslash key after you set the playback position).
i can't figure out how to use the phrase morpher and it seems like a great tool, can someone explain step by step how to apply it? can't seem to find info anywhere on the phrase morpher.
The phrase morpher changes a source phrase gradually to match the target phrase. This works by adding or removing notes, and by moving notes that are close (in time or note heights). You can disable "note movement in time" because that changes the rhythm. It requires some experimentation, very different phrases may not sound good.

Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Thanks, Atilla, but your answer is not clear for me, I just starting to learn RC.

"It is a good idea to "Render Phrase With Variations" - where is this menu?

"You may also split the phrase into parts for further editing (select Split 'Phrase Morpher' At X.XX"
- yes, it splits. But after split phrase does not tied with its chord if you move it up and down.

"Render Phrase With Variations" can be found in the Phrase Inspector:
- right click on a phrase to open the inspector
- click on the small gear icon at the top to show the actions associated with phrases
- you will see many buttons arranged vertically, like a menu. You will find "Render Phrase With Variations" in this list of buttons. This button converts a phrase generator to a simple phrase.

>yes, it splits. But after split phrase does not tied with its chord if you move it up and down

I don't remember how well it works for Phrase Morpher. You can always press F2 to enter note editing mode, and adjust the notes that you don't like. Pressing F1 will return to the phrase editing mode.

Regards,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Return to “MusicDevelopments”