Rapid Composer VSTi and Sonar X3

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer SONAR SONAR X3 Producer

Just thought I would post a brief description of the steps I took to integrate the Rapid Composer VSTi with Sonar X3:
  • I added RC to Sonar as a VSTi synth.
  • I loaded a composition into RC.
  • I selected the RC Master Track options "Use Host Tempo" and "Use Host Signature". [Note: Now the tempo and time signature need to be set appropriately in Sonar]
  • I created an audio track in Sonar with the RC VSTi as the Audio Input, and I ensured that "Enable MIDI Output" setting for the RC VSTi was set to checked.
  • I created an instrument track in Sonar for each RC track. The MIDI input of each instrument track was set to the appropriate MIDI channel as set by RC for each track in the RC composition. The audio output for each Sonar instrument track should already be set to the appropriate Sonar VSTi instrument.
  • I had to turn on MIDI input echo for each instrument track in Sonar to ensure that sound played for that individual instrument track.
  • I had to ensure that the "Stop at Project End" global option in Sonar was unchecked in order for playback to work properly. If "Stop at Project End" is checked, playback will terminate after playing just one note of the composition. Also the "On Stop, Rewind to Now Marker" global option should be left unchecked, unless you want playback to always start from the beginning of the composition when the play button is pressed.
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

tonedef71 wrote:Just thought I would post a brief description of the steps I took to integrate the Rapid Composer VSTi with Sonar X3:
  1. I added RC to Sonar as a VSTi synth.
  2. I loaded a composition into RC.
  3. I selected the RC Master Track options "Use Host Tempo" and "Use Host Signature". [Note: Now the tempo and time signature need to be set appropriately in Sonar]
  4. I created an audio track in Sonar with the RC VSTi as the Audio Input, and I ensured that "Enable MIDI Output" setting for the RC VSTi was set to checked.
  5. I created an instrument track in Sonar for each RC track. The MIDI input of each instrument track was set to the appropriate MIDI channel as set by RC for each track in the RC composition. The audio output for each Sonar instrument track should already be set to the appropriate Sonar VSTi instrument.
  6. I had to turn on MIDI input echo for each instrument track in Sonar to ensure that sound played for that individual instrument track.
  7. I had to ensure that the "Stop at Project End" global option in Sonar was unchecked in order for playback to work properly. If "Stop at Project End" is checked, playback will terminate after playing just one note of the composition. Also the "On Stop, Rewind to Now Marker" global option should be left unchecked, unless you want playback to always start from the beginning of the composition when the play button is pressed.
Nice!

I have numbered the points of your list.

And I have added Sonar X3 to the "Products related to this topic" in the header of the pages of the thread.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

BlackWinny wrote:Nice!

I have numbered the points of your list.

And I have added Sonar X3 to the "Products related to this topic" in the header of the pages of the thread.
Thank you, sir! :tu:
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

Thank you, tonedef and BlackWinny! :clap:
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Return to “MusicDevelopments”