Cryptic finger/click choreography

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This is 'not' a rant, . . . Attila is one of the most creative and attentive developers I have come across in many, many years, .. and Rapid Composer is by far one of the more advanced music algorithmic platforms currently available ; however, ... I think the user is gradually being required to spin in ever concentric , tighter circles when confronted with the more complex and 'specific sequential steps 'required to accomplish very straight forward, simple keyboard/GUI interface selections ( such as simply entering in, , thru the keyboard, . . a chord name !!!! . . . that is, not using pallets, lists, drop downs, just the old fashioned way of typing in a chord name, for those of us who find this the fastest, clearest and most direct method ) [ . . click left, or click right, or drag left, or drag right, .. pallet, ... list, .. yikes . . . I have reached the saturation, overload point of not being able to see the forest for the trees ]

I very often ( almost always ) find my self already knowing what chord I want to use, but having to sift through ( search and review ) old handwritten notes about the latest 'updated/changed/altered' click choreography, AND ITS REQUIRED ORDER of clicking, for very intuitive, simple processes or steps I want to use thru the GUI or user selection ... quite honestly, I am lost in an increasing layer of 'fog' , .. just to accomplish very simple things or tasks ... ( I have raised 4 children all the way thru adolescence , and beyond, but none of that compares in relation to me trying to 'properly/productively ' understand and getting thru user GUI puzzles . ( again, very clear, focused and direct user documents and user guides would be helpful. . . especially since the latest updates and revisions are becoming complex )

Instead of collecting as many emails and notes as I can remember to get on a daily basis, it might be time to upgrade/re-write the manual, or at the very, very least, 1 or 2 NEW videos or tutorials on GUI interactions . . . Rapid Composer really needs enhanced user guidance because it is a very 'DEEP' powerful, creative and innovative ( but not immediately intuitive ) Music Composition platform.

Attila, you have an impressive, innovative composition workbench ! !
I am in it for the long haul (if I can keep from falling off the slippery gang-plank).

Regards,

-- atonal

Dear Atonal,

thank you for your honest opinion.
You are right, of course. I try to learn from my mistakes, and I have to admit that sometimes (usually?) I make a bad decision about the user interface. The recent improvements to display and allow you to directly change the scale/tempo/signature on the timeline was a step in the right direction, I think. Typing the chord name works in the latest beta that was uploaded today. You can even hold down a chord on your MIDI keyboard to enter chords. All you need to do is just a single click on the chord label. Both the "computer keyboard" button and the "MIDI keyboard enable" button are inside the chord suggestion inspector, that was added recently.

Yes, the manual needs to be updated. I have to find a time-frame when the program does not change too much so that the manual won't be obsolete in a few weeks after it was released.

Best,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Return to “MusicDevelopments”