Finding/Using Substitute Chords

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Please detail/explain how I can produce (use) the drop-down 'substitute list of chords' (not the chord suggestion options which are sometimes across the bottom of a pallet ). This substitute list ranks (in order) those substitute chords which have from.. NO .. One common .. two common etc chord notes, and continues thru listing one, two, or three OUT of chord added chord notes. This list is EXTREMELY informative and valuable when looking to substitute a particular selected chord.

Once again, I find no reference (or even tool-tip guidance !) as how (or where) to do this just to find a simple list... Sometimes I can find it ... other times I cannot find it .... MOST of the time %95, I just can't find it. All of this shouldn't be so cryptic or obtuse ! With Rapid Composer, most of the time I spend a lot of time looking for something I want to do, instead of just doing something productive . . .
:ud:
Regards,

-- atonal

There is a "Reharmonize with..." menu if you right click on a chord box to open the master track inspector. It is among the actions (gear icon at the top should be active). It lists all similar chords with 1 common, 2 common, etc notes. I hope it works well because I have not used it for a long time, and have not received feedback on it. :?

Regards,
Attila

musicdevelopments wrote:There is a "Reharmonize with..." menu if you right click on a chord box to open the master track inspector. It is among the actions (gear icon at the top should be active). It lists all similar chords with 1 common, 2 common, etc notes. I hope it works well because I have not used it for a long time, and have not received feedback on it. :?

Regards,
Attila
At least myself I have never met any issue with this feature.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

BlackWinny wrote: At least myself I have never met any issue with this feature.
Thank you, BlackWinny!

Return to “MusicDevelopments”