Notes held in the chord palette

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi great program,

I am trying out the demo version on cubase 7.5, windows 8.1, connected to vst's and was wondering about the chord palette.

I have noticed if I select a chord in the palette and then try another chord they build up on top of each other, as if the first chord I selected the keys are held, then the second, third and so on until there is a wall of sound.

I tried this on cubase retrolouge vst synth and you can see the keys are been held on the virtual keyboard, the only way I can turn them off is to press the keys on the virtual keyboard or turn off the input of the channel in cubase.
Is this ment to happen and is there a way to stop it.

Thank you
D

Hem... Maybe I don't undestand very well what happens but... Haven't you locked a sustain somewhere?
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

I don't know, is there a lock sustain?
I had this problem in windows 7 too and have just had a clean install of everything including windows 8.1 and all drivers updated in the last week, I haven't changed any settings.

It only happens with the chord palette, not with anything else, midi keyboard or if i play chords through rapidcomposer there is no held notes, don't know what could be causing it.

I have noticed too that when I loop in cubase the last notes of the loop are held until released by being played again in the loop.

Hi Dark-i,

the previously held notes are turned off by sending 'all notes off' to the instrument. Is it possible that the vst synth does not handle this control message? Have you tried using another vst synth with chord preview?

Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

FWIW - I've noticed that stopping play in the middle of a sustained note does not seem to send all notes off, resulting in the continued playback of the note until I perform a program change. Even hitting the panic button does not seem to kill the sustain.

This is particularly true if the phrase contains a chord; however, if memory serves, it has been intermittent.

Like Attila, I thought the problem may have been the vst synths so developed a work-around; however, one synth in particular, Kontakt, I am quite sure receives all MIDI messages.

I apologize for not mentioning this previously; however, my work-around was to allow playback until the end of the phrase which caused me to forget about the problem. dark-i's post refreshed my memory, thank you!

HTH you Attila.

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

Hi, yes I have tried this on a few synths lush 101, synthmaster, retrolouge, padshop and in reaper I found the same responce.
dsan@mail.com wrote:FWIW - I've noticed that stopping play in the middle of a sustained note does not seem to send all notes off, resulting in the continued playback of the note until I perform a program change. Even hitting the panic button does not seem to kill the sustain.
I have noticed this too, as I am having a timing issue with rapidcomposer in cubase and the loop was repeating on a chord, the chord was holding into the next loop.

Hi Denis
Hi dark-i

Maybe in these two cases (which seem have a correlation) the best would be to report all that in the thread "Bug reports", in order to prevent a dispersion in the "buglist" managed by Attila.

Don't worry, I do the transfer.

dark-i, of course you didn't know but I take the opportunity to tell you that a dedicated thread exists for the bug reports and the bevaviors which seem weird. It is this one: It makes Attila's work easier.

Hence, as soon as I have done the transfer, we continue on that focused thread.
:tu:
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.

Yes, a bit of a senior moment on my part :hihi:

Thank you BlackWinny :tu:

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

dsan@mail.com wrote:Yes, a bit of a senior moment on my part :hihi:

Thank you BlackWinny :tu:

Happy Musiking!
dsan
:D

Return to “MusicDevelopments”