Soundcard Not Recognized After Crash

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

My Roland Quad-Capture isn't recognized by RC after program crashes until I unplug it from my computer and then plug it back in. Is there a fix for this?

The ASIO driver does not know that the client crashed, maybe that is why it is not recognized the second time.
Would you like to use the latest beta version which is more solid? Does it crash with VST plug-ins, or with a specific VST plug-in?
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

musicdevelopments wrote:The ASIO driver does not know that the client crashed, maybe that is why it is not recognized the second time.
Would you like to use the latest beta version which is more solid? Does it crash with VST plug-ins, or with a specific VST plug-in?
Yes, I would like to continue using latest betas as before. Now I have more time to devote to learning RC.
After I experienced a crash when scanning vstplugins folder, I was informed that scanning the folder was dangerous, so I loaded Kontakt 5 only. However, I don't see Kontakt 5 interface so I can't load instruments into it.
I will try to load another vst and see what happens.

Kontakt should work fine.
You can open the Kontakt interface this way: you need to assign the 'Kontakt 5' instrument to one of your tracks. (There will be just one VST preset). When you do this, Kontakt is loaded but the window is not shown yet. You can either click on the small [VST] button in the track header, or the "Edit" button next to the instrument top open the VST editor window:

VST is handled a bit differently than in DAWs. You don't load the VST plug-in manually, because it is loaded automatically when you select an instrument which is a VST plug-in preset. You can also save the internal state of Kontakt as an RC 'instrument' (Save button next to the Preset menu).

Thanks for helping me with that. How can I get access to latest betas?

If you are a licensed user you can get the beta by following these instructions from a previous post by Attila:

"The 64-bit VST plug-in is available now. If you own the full version, you can download the latest beta version, or if you'd like I will build the latest LE version too.
The beta download link is the original download link (please do not post it publicly) with 'beta' appended before the dot, so that it ends with "...beta.php""

HTH

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

Anyway... by security even the beta editions ask for the registration key as for the regular editions. And its a good precaution, these forums being public.
:D
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

dsan@mail.com wrote:If you are a licensed user you can get the beta by following these instructions from a previous post by Attila:

"The 64-bit VST plug-in is available now. If you own the full version, you can download the latest beta version, or if you'd like I will build the latest LE version too.
The beta download link is the original download link (please do not post it publicly) with 'beta' appended before the dot, so that it ends with "...beta.php""

HTH

Happy Musiking!
dsan
Thanks dsan, x64 didn't work, but file without x64 downloaded. I don't know if the x64 version is icluded in installer, but will check.

Downloading the x64 version works here. The URL should end with ...x64beta.php

Early next week the latest beta version will be uploaded. Then I will disappear for about 10 days :)
I decided not to release an official update before my going to holiday because I won't be able to reply to questions and fix problems in a timely manner. So v2.7 will be released around August 7th.

Thanks dsan and BlackWinny for your replies!
Attila

A wise decision Attila.

I hope you have a joyous holiday! :tu:

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:

Thank you, dsan! :D :phew:

Thanks, it worked this time. Will you announce next beta before your 10 day disappearance? Thanks for all the help and hard work.

I still have much to learn including the basics like where is the folder located that stores components of the program and custom/user files available for re-loading, etc.

Attila typically lets us know about an updated beta here in the forum. He normally posts this to an existing thread, such as Feature Requests or Bug Reports; however, occassionally I find them within one of the user posts.

He normally only lets us know about a release version via an email to registered users.

I have found it best to retain the email and download the beta from it, appending the "beta.php" suffix.

There is certainly a lot to learn of RC, no doubt :)

I have yet to run across a dev who is so responsive and very quick to implement users requests. Many should take a lesson from him :tu:

As for where files are located:
For PC x64 you will find the install location at C:\Program Files\Rapid Composer

For PC x32 it will be C:\x86 Program Files\Rapid Composer.

I can't help you with this if you are a Mac user. If I recall Mac set-up correctly though it will be under Applications. Been a while since I've been on a Mac.

The above locations will contain the .exe file and the .dll file (for use as a vst in your host program).

The [original] data file location will be C\Users\[your user name]\AppData\Roaming\Rapid Composer.

Here you will find many files and folders RC uses.

However - recently Attila gave us the ability to specify a location for custom phrases data files. You will find on the "Settings" tab, a "Directory" tab where you can specify your location.

HTH

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:

Thanks for the good info dsan!

This is the one I think I need to look at >>The [original] data file location will be C\Users\[your user name]\AppData\Roaming\Rapid Composer. Here you will find many files and folders RC uses.

I installed RC on my external drive as I recall. It seems to work fine there so far. I don't know if that could have anything to do with my soundcard issue above.

I see no reason why the program and data location will cause your problem.

Are you using the card ASIO drivers or are you using ASIO4ALL? If the latter, I recommend using the Roland ASIO drivers

I have to agree with Attila's assessment that your card is not recognizing the crash and is waiting for a response.

Looking around the web there are similar reports from other USB sound card users. These seem to lose connection.

I've noticed this happens occasionally with my USB controllers. Especially if I bump the cable by accident.

If your cable is exposed, try installing to a port that may not get bumped. Make sure too the connection is solid, no matter which port you are in.

It's possible a lose connection is what caused the crash to begin with.

Isn't technology grand? :D

HTH

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:

Return to “MusicDevelopments”