Chord removal

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sorry to ask such a stupid question. :oops:

How do I remove a chord from the timeline? It resides in between chords :help:

Adding an extension to the previous chord pushes the chord I would like to remove to the right in the timeline.

Moving a chord from the right of the chord I want to remove shortens it but the shortest I can achieve is one beat.

I'm sure this is likely very simple but I cannot find a way to remove a chord in between chords.

Putting them in is easy, that's what got me in trouble :hihi:

Thanks for any insight!

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

Hello dsan,

there is no stupid question...
You can remove the chord if you double-click on the chord boundary (where the chord begins).
I think it is easy: you can split a chord with a double-click, but you can also join them.
I hope I did not misunderstand your question.
If you also want to remove a few beats, with phrases, you need to make a timeline selection, and select Remove... from the timeline inspector.

Thanks,
Attila

Thank you for your very quick response Attila :tu:

I'll give your suggestion a try then.

I knew about the method to split (actually that's why I have the unnecessary chord in the timeline :oops:) but did not know I could combine adjoining chords.

TBH, I do not want to remove time in the composition. Just need to remove a chord that doesn't belong. Due to its location it will be difficult to make adjustments all along the time line.

I knew it had to be a simple thing to do :hihi: (and since I am not simple minded I couldn't figure it out :hihi:)

Thanks again!

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

Return to “MusicDevelopments”