Previewing (listening to) phrases in the phrase browser

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

In the RapidComposer Version 2.83 Manual
in page 23, section 4, second paragraph, it is stated that:

"For this example, let’s open the Phrase Browser and go to Sample11. Click it once,
then click Preview to listen to it."

Where is this "preview" button, I cannot find it.
I mean, I do not see any place in the phrase browser or any other window that has a
preview button.

Can anyone help me locate it.
I would really like to be able to preview (listen to) the phrases as described in that paragraph.
Thanks

right click to phrase it will open preview panel

Thanks Yellukhan. Indeed, one can get a sound preview by right clicking the phrase and then selecting a chord in the table to hear what it sounds. But I am looking for how to do the preview as described in the paragraph below (from the manual), i.e., a preview of the phrase using the chord at the timeline position. Regards.

"For this example, let’s open the Phrase Browser and go to Sample11. Click it once,
then click Preview to listen to it. Wherever your timeline indicator (“now time”) is, the
Phrase Preview will play the phrase using the chord at that exact timeline position.
For instance, with our example, if you set your “now time” to 2.1 (Bar 2, beat 1), the
Phrase Preview will play an Am chord. Likewise if you set the timeline to 3.1 (Bar 3,
beat 1), the Phrase Preview will play a F major chord."

Hi Pas_Imp,

the phrase browser was redesigned and there is no Preview button in it anymore. :) That is why you have not found it. This part will need to be revised in the manual.
Previewing happens as yellukhan said by right clicking on a phrase. A preview-by-click functionality was requested and will be implemented shortly. It will work as the old preview button, that is it will use the chord at the playback position.

Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Argh.. haha. You always change things that require a big manual change. :) But could we move fully to the wiki as originally planned, Attila?

Thanks,
Chris

Thanks Attila,
This is to be expected in a program in development like this one.
As features are improved or added, the documentation does not necessarily follow, but this is fine.
Unexpectedly, I found something that is similar to what was described above, even better from my point of view. By clicking the overlapped double oval icon on the right side of the word "phrases" in the phrase window, and then selecting a phrase in the composition, one sees that phrase changing and can hear the audio preview as one selects a different phrase in the phrase window. This is a great feature and better than what I was looking for. Now one can loop a small portion of the composition and hear what other phrases sounds like when inserted at the selected location. Great! Very useful feature. Keep up the excellent work. Regards.

Yes, the wiki! I have not had time to start working on it.
Only the "Introduction" chapter is done, although I updated "Installation" to reflect the latest changes in the Windows installer.

Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Pas_Imp wrote:Thanks Attila,
This is to be expected in a program in development like this one.
As features are improved or added, the documentation does not necessarily follow, but this is fine.
Unexpectedly, I found something that is similar to what was described above, even better from my point of view. By clicking the overlapped double oval icon on the right side of the word "phrases" in the phrase window, and then selecting a phrase in the composition, one sees that phrase changing and can hear the audio preview as one selects a different phrase in the phrase window. This is a great feature and better than what I was looking for. Now one can loop a small portion of the composition and hear what other phrases sounds like when inserted at the selected location. Great! Very useful feature. Keep up the excellent work. Regards.
I have to experiment with this. Sounds like a great (and unknown) feature, at least to me. :)

Return to “MusicDevelopments”