Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise
bvbolli
KVRer

7 posts since 31 Dec, 2016

Postby bvbolli; Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:28 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Hi Attila,

i think, i found a bug in the latest beta V3.2b6.
Every time i change the instrument of a track to a different one, the track will change from a normal track to a percussion track. It does not matter, to which instrument from the supplied soundfont instruments you change. And it does not matter, if you change the instrument via the track inspector or via the instrument browser. Always the track will be a percussion track after the instrument change.
Can you reproduce that? I could record a video with that behaviour.

Olaf
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

2063 posts since 9 Jan, 2010

Postby musicdevelopments; Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:48 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Hi Olaf,

You are right, sorry about that, this was an oversight, but it is fixed now.
Please download v3.2b7 which fixes most bugs that appeared in 3.2b6.
(Read announcement below)

Thanks,
Attila
http://www.musicdevelopments.com
Music Prototyping And Automated Composition Solutions
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Postby musicdevelopments; Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:51 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

RapidComposer Beta version v3.2b7 is available!

This update fixes most (hopefully all) problems with the previous beta version.

Changes:
  • Fixed MIDI import: pitch bend is imported now
  • MIDI export inserts program change when GM soundfonts are used; channel is set to 10 for percussion tracks
  • Fixed: ghost phrases moved too when the original percussion phrase was dragged
  • Fix: "Repeat Phrase Until..." did not work when the phrase had negative position
  • Fix: "Repeat Phrase Until..." did not respect the "mask phrase beginning" setting
  • Fix: selecting any presets caused selection of 'percussion' mode
  • "Export Tracks To Individual MIDI Files" will never overwrite files, instead a number is appended to the file name
  • Drum map can be assigned to imported "Channel 10" tracks
  • Fixed Phrase Container issues when used with percussion tracks
lulukom
KVRist

494 posts since 30 Nov, 2013

Postby lulukom; Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:06 pm Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Hello Attila!
Fixed MIDI import: pitch bend is imported now

Yes, it works, but not for the drag End drop midi file
lulukom
KVRist

Postby lulukom; Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:16 pm Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Thank you for beta update.
I still waiting for the export of individual phrases from the track, and all, and one each))))
Sincerely lulukom
lulukom
KVRist

Postby lulukom; Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:30 pm Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Immediate crash:
Midi Import / multiple tracks / join to one track / import

not fixed
lulukom
KVRist

Postby lulukom; Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:38 pm Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

And yet ... Drag-and-drop MIDI file to track almost every time gives crash (((((
lulukom
KVRist

Postby lulukom; Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:36 pm Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Drag-and-drop MIDI file to track - It is impossible to decouple the mouse and the MIDI file on the track (I do a lot clicked the mouse but the mouse does not leave a midi file and need to turn off RC ...
lulukom
KVRist

Postby lulukom; Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:44 pm Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Drag-and-drop MIDI file to track - These settings are reset to default

musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Postby musicdevelopments; Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:49 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Great discussion about pitch bending and analyzing guitar solos! This is something I wanted to do, for many years. If all goes well the planned melody analysis will happily cope with guitar solos. It would be good to be able to import guitar tabs too.

About pitch bending: this is one of the shortcomings of the MIDI standard; it is a bad design decision.

Since RapidComposer is not strictly MIDI with all its limitations (though MIDI data is generated) maybe pitch bending could be implemented in a better, more logical way. I think that you could use any pitch bending freely, even several bendings at a time, and the program should be able to create new MIDI tracks for the bent notes seamlessly and automatically.

In most cases pitch bending belongs to a single note, although there are guitars that allow bending a strummed chord. So pitch bending should be the property of a note, or a phrase. This ensures that moving a note or phrase will move the corresponding pitch bending curve with the note/phrase. Probably a whole major update should be devoted to MIDI controllers and pitch bending.

Thanks,
Attila
magicmusic
KVRian

669 posts since 11 Nov, 2013

Postby magicmusic; Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:58 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

maybe it is possible to change when in composer window no loop or range is select, when play cursor is at end then play is correct stop. but a space press or play press can start the part at beginning. currently RC do nothing, if play cursor is at end. it happen sometimes i press space and nothing happen, and i wonder whats problem. I think also beginners of RC run in trouble with that nothing do

for the pitch bend. a standard pitchbend as can hear in the youtube auto guitar lead do the most and can on lead synths guitar etc boring sounding melodies make due to pitch bend much more exciting. of course bend can not add in every note. this sound boring too. there need no "hyper super pitchend draw" function and need not draw always with hand. as i told in earlier posts with phrase variation and ability to play midi data at a specific beat is great. a generator can then create phrase variation for the bend by just add some phrase variations for bend or vibrato at a special place. automatic vibrato is easy, it can add every note longer than 1/4 when switch on. and if the phrase variation for midi play support round robin so it play 1. time mididataname_1 2. time mididataname_2 (the limit is the number) then can even more less boring by slightly modify midi phrases that are play
magicmusic
KVRian

669 posts since 11 Nov, 2013

Postby magicmusic; Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:52 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

you write hopefully all fix of problems. so i told that the redraw problem with larger fonts and the strange short notes in random generator is in b7 too(see screenshot before). the strange thing is too, that tghis short notes sound very long so it can hear hard. and often when switch from clear section to none and then to clear section again in other phrase when all settings are 0 RC crash. i notice since longer time that the rest function work not good. maybe i do something diffrent, should i do a video ?
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Postby musicdevelopments; Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:08 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

magicmusic wrote:you write hopefully all fix of problems. so i told that the redraw problem with larger fonts and the strange short notes in random generator is in b7 too(see screenshot before).

Do you mean the text in the sliders? I will fix that shortly.

magicmusic wrote: i notice since longer time that the rest function work not good. maybe i do something diffrent, should i do a video ?

Yes, please, your videos help me a lot to understand what the problem is. Please make a video using v3.2b8.

Thanks,
Attila
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Postby musicdevelopments; Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:11 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

RapidComposer Beta v3.2b8 is available!

Changes:

• Saving and loading rhythm generators from/to drum tracks work well now; drum note correctly restored
  • Fixed "Phrase Morpher" when used on drum tracks; use it to create rhythm morphs between two patterns
  • Fixed: Phrase Container preview with other tracks work well now
  • New action: "Insert 'Phrase Container' With Browser Selection" with shortcut possibility
  • New master track action: "Paste Chords (Overwrite)": paste master track chords but do not add space to the composition. Shortcut: Ctrl-Shift-V (Windows) or Cmd-Shift-V (OS X)
  • New timeline action: "Paste (Overwrite)": paste timeline section in overwrite mode, do not add space to the composition. Shortcut: Ctrl-Shift-V (Windows) or Cmd-Shift-V (OS X)
  • [Windows] Relative paths ("." and "..") can be used with Locations. They are relative to the data folder (RapidComposerV3)
  • Fixed: resizing a long (recorded) phrase to shorter had some issues when it used variations that slightly changed note positions or durations
  • Fixed: the menu sometimes did not appear when "Magnet" or "Lock To Scale" was enabled in the phrase inspector
  • Entering a new path for custom phrases or rhythm will read the files in the background
  • Note overlap checking is always done to make sure there are no overlapping notes
  • Big code rework to increase stability
lulukom
KVRist

Postby lulukom; Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:40 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Excuse me ! I was wrong !
PreviousNext

Moderator: musicdevelopments

Return to MusicDevelopments