Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise
MarcN58T
KVRist

35 posts since 20 Mar, 2017

Postby MarcN58T; Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:12 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

The crash happened when I tried to set the original length in the phrase inspector down from 12 to 8 when it looks like the phrase length is only 4 units long. When it reaches 0 it crashes.

Also it happens when I changed the length next to the Rhythm Generator in the inspector.

Resizing the phrase smaller does not seem to update the phrase length, with the rhythm generator showing 12 units even though I resized the phrase down to 8 or 4 units, maybe why a crash happens.

(Right now image embedding is broken, so right click on the broken image to open it in new tab, you should see the image in a new site)
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

2172 posts since 9 Jan, 2010

Postby musicdevelopments; Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:07 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

This is very strange.
I was able to see the image, and set up a similar "Random Melody Generator" on OS X. For some reason I wasn't able to reproduce the size mismatch after lots of trying.
Did you change "Mask Beginning" or "Time Offset" in the phrase inspector?
Can I ask you to send me the composition file (.rcCOMP) that I could reproduce this bug with?

Thank you!
Attila
http://www.musicdevelopments.com
Music Prototyping And Automated Composition Solutions
MarcN58T
KVRist

35 posts since 20 Mar, 2017

Postby MarcN58T; Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:17 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

I have sent you the file via email so it could be worked out.
magicmusic
KVRian

746 posts since 11 Nov, 2013

Postby magicmusic; Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:39 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Hi Attila

now that Note repetiton in random generator values are correct show. i know why in melodie generator not so much repetition notes come. in random generator can set from 0-100%. in melody generator only from 0-50%

is it possible to change max limit in melody generator too to 100% ?
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Postby musicdevelopments; Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:57 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

MarcN58T wrote:I have sent you the file via email so it could be worked out.

Thank you!!! This bug is fixed now. A bug-fix update will be uploaded tomorrow (Tuesday) with this and other bug fixes.

Thanks!
Attila
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Postby musicdevelopments; Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:02 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

magicmusic wrote:is it possible to change max limit in melody generator too to 100% ?

Yes, of course, I changed that.
Thanks,
Attila
magicmusic
KVRian

Postby magicmusic; Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:26 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

In the instrument browser when drag a instrument in the track it do only work when it is put left or over keyboard image. so must move more, because browser window is on right side. maybe it can easy change so a drop over the whole track(on right side) work too. because when try out sounds and want play with keyboard, this can do lots faster. I get also the idea when mouse is over instrument browser(or click and hold left mouse button) on midi and sf2 sounds(because they cost no load time) the midi keyboard play this sound. so can find fast sounds
yellukhan
KVRian

1106 posts since 10 Mar, 2004

Postby yellukhan; Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:27 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Velocity differences after import&convert to relative mode
this is not new, also not happening always..
short:
velocity level 1 becomes 100 , 2 becomes 80, 3 becomes 60 velocity level 4 and higher values seems ok as in video.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9hE3 ... 3hYcEw5X0E
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Postby musicdevelopments; Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:06 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

OK, I implemented dropping an instrument on a track.
Good idea about previewing instruments in the browser!
Thanks,
Attila
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Postby musicdevelopments; Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:30 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Great point, yellukhan! I found and fixed this bug today.
Thanks for the video and finding this problem!!
Attila
crossovercable
KVRist

213 posts since 26 May, 2014

Postby crossovercable; Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:43 pm Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

1 or more extra Articulations are needed, and can you put an Octave Offset on the Articulations as Ample Sound like Kontakt C0 = C1 in RapidComposer.

Thanks.

crossovercable
KVRist

213 posts since 26 May, 2014

Postby crossovercable; Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:22 pm Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

These maybe there and I have missed them ?

The piano roll has Mac mouse scroll direction and the Miscellaneous Win scroll direction. Can you have an option to scroll the piano the same way as Miscellaneous.

The Bubble tips are good but you only get one look and if you move your mouse while reading they go and don't come back until another time. Maybe you can press a hot key like F1 when your mouse is over the item to show the Tip, or hold F1 and move you mouse from item to item to show Tips instantly without having to wait for bubble to appear.
magicmusic
KVRian

Postby magicmusic; Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:17 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Hi Attila many sequencer allow option to mute notes. so notes are not hear to try out diffrent sequence without removing notes it is usefull. In RC is the setting weak medium strong already in. maybe you can easy add another button M with veloctiy 0. this mean note is mute velocity 0 and skip for play. and when this button is deactivate old value is used.

when play in phrase editor in a loop and change velocity currently, the change of the velocity is only change when stop and play in phrase editor is press. move notes work ok
magicmusic
KVRian

Postby magicmusic; Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:49 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

crossovercable wrote:1 or more extra Articulations are needed, and can you put an Octave Offset on the Articulations as Ample Sound like Kontakt C0 = C1 in RapidComposer.

Thanks.

I have a ample AME Guitar so i think ample key switches usefull too. Ample guitar will be the best, in future come riffer to ample guitar in. Can you please send your Ample keyswitches to Attila so he can add to RC install and the articulations are install by default ?
magicmusic
KVRian

Postby magicmusic; Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:46 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

today i want add a VST plugin with the Add button. when click on Add button it happen nothing. No requester come. I install 3.2b9 version it work ok. 3.3b1 i install again, work not.

BTW: because there is currently no master VST effect in, i get the idea, maybe it is easy possible to allow the add of VST effects too, when use the available VSTi button on every track. This VST can add in the track VST slot too and the output of buildin soundfont instrument if choose is then copy audio output as VST audio data in. Midi data can copy too as midi data in to VST, so it is possible to layer soundfont player with a VST instrument. the switch for VST editor open, need always visible then to open VST

because it is important to have reverb on soundfont player, maybe this solution can with 1 hour of work get working and enhance sound quality a lot. add master effect is more work i think and all must use same reverb settings
PreviousNext

Moderator: musicdevelopments

Return to MusicDevelopments