Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

2027 posts since 9 Jan, 2010

Postby musicdevelopments; Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:47 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

bagelfish wrote:I've just tried Garritan and that now works without crashing - as long as I open a new instance for each instrument.
A big plus for me is that version 3.22 works with bluetooth headphones. Thanks Attila.

Thanks for the feedback, bagelfish. Yes, I spent some time fixing audio devices, that is why bluetooth headphones work.

OS X users, please read this:

I am making terrible mistakes recently, and by chance in the last minute I enabled one line in the source code which was supposed to be removed as part of the "Fixed hanging when trying to load a VSTi plug-in" fix, which means a bad, faulty version was uploaded as v3.22 and as v3.3b4.
I have uploaded the mac versions again, so if you have v3.22 or v3.3b4 with "Built Apr 3 2017", please re-download the installers.
http://www.musicdevelopments.com
Music Prototyping And Automated Composition Solutions
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Postby musicdevelopments; Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:52 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

gspro wrote:When I downloaded RC 3.3b4, it replaced my licensed 3.21 in the applications folder. My fault.
How do I download RC 3.22? Does downloading the demo and re-license it, unlocks to the full program?
Or, I should probably stay with 3.3b4 and get the kinks ironed out. The beta works except for the Quit issue.

Please don't download the demo, it is not possible to unlock it.
I'll send you the download links in e-mail.
Attila
peikonen
KVRer

4 posts since 26 Mar, 2017

Postby peikonen; Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:06 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

New 3.22 Built Apr 3 2017 release seems to have fixed VST issue, at least no freeze / crash issue while loading VST and playing with phrases / progressions. Will keep testing a bit more! Thanks.
gspro
KVRist

55 posts since 7 May, 2007

Postby gspro; Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:34 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

musicdevelopments wrote:
gspro wrote:When I downloaded RC 3.3b4, it replaced my licensed 3.21 in the applications folder. My fault.
How do I download RC 3.22? Does downloading the demo and re-license it, unlocks to the full program?
Or, I should probably stay with 3.3b4 and get the kinks ironed out. The beta works except for the Quit issue.

Attila

Thank you for the email, Attila. Much appreciated. I found the saved DMG for RC 3.21 and re-installed it. Closing the window or select Quit from the menu, works flawessly.

Downloaded and installed both 3.22 and 3.3b4 (April 4th Builds) and the Quit issue still persists, but it's fine in 3.21. Now, I'm confused.
iMac9,1, 3.06GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 8GB-RAM, 10.10.5...DigitalPerformer 8.07
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Postby musicdevelopments; Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:18 pm Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

peikonen wrote:New 3.22 Built Apr 3 2017 release seems to have fixed VST issue, at least no freeze / crash issue while loading VST and playing with phrases / progressions. Will keep testing a bit more! Thanks.

Good news, many thanks for the feedback. Please download and use the one built "Apr 4" that will work better than the "3.22 Built Apr 3" version. I know exactly why you experienced freezes in v3.21.

Thanks,
Attila
MarcN58T
KVRer

18 posts since 20 Mar, 2017

Postby MarcN58T; Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:31 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

By the way, I tried using Spicy Guitar (http://spicyguitar.com/, download the AU plugin for Mac, install as normal and it should show up in VSTi section after I nose around in the settings) in Rapidcomposer. Initially it seemed to work, with the sound able to go through but the plugin window does not respond to mouse input at all. Whenever I tried to load a preset Rapidcomposer crashes. Subsequently whenever I try to load up Spicy Guitar, Rapidcomposer just crash. Was using v3.3b3.

EDIT: Please see my next reply.
Last edited by MarcN58T on Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Postby musicdevelopments; Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:50 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

I have tried Spicy Guitar with v3.3b4 and it worked...
MarcN58T
KVRer

18 posts since 20 Mar, 2017

Postby MarcN58T; Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:54 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

OK, I downloaded the latest update, and Spicy Guitar loaded fine, and I can edit the VSTi just like in the DAW. But after a while Rapidcomposer seems to freeze, only to unfreeze when I use Mission Control gesture and select Rapidcomposer.

I guess I wasn't aware of the VST bug fix early on. :neutral:
tatanka
KVRian

553 posts since 12 Jan, 2014

Postby tatanka; Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:47 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Hi Attila,

I once wrote about some notebook win 10 update/installation problems I had over last hollidays. Now I was trying again to update (for some weeks without internet connection) and realized one thing which might have contributed to this problem:

- I opened RC, looked for updates, dowonloaded updates, closed RC
- now when I try to install updates (first regular one then the beta) I get a message that RC is still running, closing automatically with the installer dont work
- so I have to close manually from task manager (it was still running there), then it worked
- that happened with both versions

No big problem but seems closing prozess might not be as it should
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Postby musicdevelopments; Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:57 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Hi tatanka,
this is very strange and annoying. Were you using VST plug-ins? I am asking because I am developing and testing RC on Windows 10 the most, and so far I have not seen such a problem. It would be good to find out what is behind the Quit issues.
Thank you,
Attila
tatanka
KVRian

553 posts since 12 Jan, 2014

Postby tatanka; Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:04 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Seems you have/it is fixed in the meantime :D

When I close actual beta RC is closed in the task manager too
gspro
KVRist

55 posts since 7 May, 2007

Postby gspro; Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:10 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

gspro wrote:
musicdevelopments wrote:

Attila

Thank you for the email, Attila. Much appreciated. I found the saved DMG for RC 3.21 and re-installed it. Closing the window or select Quit from the menu, works flawessly.

Downloaded and installed both 3.22 and 3.3b4 (April 4th Builds) and the Quit issue still persists, but it's fine in 3.21. Now, I'm confused.

Emailed you the Terminal Log.

Thank you, Attila for being persistent on this. I don't know how you do it. :tu:
iMac9,1, 3.06GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 8GB-RAM, 10.10.5...DigitalPerformer 8.07
magicmusic
KVRian

615 posts since 11 Nov, 2013

Postby magicmusic; Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:17 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

i find the page from microsoft that tell the facts, wy windows 10 is much better in latancy as older windows, and what software developers maybe can enhance for lower audio latency in wasapi.but RC with wasapi is good enough on win 10 with low latency and shared mode fro me. i think nobody need with win 10 ASIO

https://msdn.microsoft.com/windows/hard ... ency-audio
Starting in Windows 10 , WASAPI has been enhanced to: All applications that use audio will see a 4.5-16ms reduction in round-trip latency (as was explained in the section above) without any code changes or driver updates, compared to Windows 8.1. a. Applications that use floating point data will have 16ms lower latency. b. Applications that use integer data will have 4.5ms lower latency.
Allow an application to discover the range of buffer sizes (i.e. periodicity values) that are supported by the audio driver of a given audio device. This makes it possible for an application to choose between the default buffer size (10ms) or a small buffer (<10ms) when opening a stream in shared mode. If an application does not specify a buffer size, then it will use the default buffer size. Allow an application to discover the current format and periodicity of the audio engine. This allows applications to snap to the current settings of the audio engine.
Allow an app to specify that it wishes to render/capture in the format it specifies without any re-sampling by the audio engine
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Postby musicdevelopments; Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:02 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

RapidComposer Beta v3.3b5 available

v3.3Beta5 changes:

• Chord substitutions offered in Quick Suggestions menu (3 different types)
  • Swing improvements: negative values are possible, offset is specified in percent instead of an absolute duration
  • UI improvements in phrase inspector to reduce clutter
  • Minor fix when using guitar chords: bass note was not handled properly
magicmusic
KVRian

615 posts since 11 Nov, 2013

Postby magicmusic; Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:53 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Hi Attila

can you please explain how can such a scale rule file create and what the entries mean ?. maybe you can add this as a readme in DB folder later too. I want chords i like for dorian add, but i did not know, what the entries mean and how i can for example say
when previous chord is C then suggest Dm too. when previous is Dm then suggest F and G and B b and C too and when previous is D suggest Em. when previous is EM then suggest D and Bm7 what does the numbers nextw mean ?(Edit: i think nextw mean the fit bar value)

#Chord Progression Rules
#Default Dorian Scale Rules
this="start"; next="Im","Im7","IIm7","IV7","Vm7"; nextw=100,100,10,80,50;
this="end"; next="Vm7","IV7","VIImaj7"; nextw=100,100,40;
this="Im"; next="Im6","IIm7","IIImaj7","IV7","Vm7","VIm7b5","VIImaj7"; nextw=100,100,100,100,100,100,100;
this="Im7"; next="Im6","IIm7","IIImaj7","IV7","Vm7","Vm9","VIm7b5","VIImaj7"; nextw=100,100,100,100,100,100,100,100;
this="Im6"; next="Im","Im7","IIImaj7","IV7","Vm7","Vm9","VIm7b5","VIImaj7"; nextw=100,100,100,100,100,100,100,100;
this="IIm7"; next="Vm7","VIImaj7"; nextw=100,30;
this="IIImaj7"; next="Im","Im7","IV7","VIm7b5"; nextw=80,80,40,100;
this="IV7"; next="Vm7","IIm7","VIImaj7","Im"; nextw=100,50,30,100;
this="IV9"; next="Vm7","IIm7","VIImaj7","Im"; nextw=100,50,30,100;
this="Vm7"; next="Im","Im7","IV7","VIm7b5"; nextw=40,40,80,40;
this="Vm9"; next="Im","Im7","IV7","IV9","VIm7b5"; nextw=40,40,100,100,40;
this="VIm7b5"; next="IIm7","Vm7"; nextw=100,40;
this="VIImaj7"; next="Im","Im7","Vm7"; nextw=100,100,40;
PreviousNext

Moderator: musicdevelopments

Return to MusicDevelopments