Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise
lulukom
KVRist

479 posts since 30 Nov, 2013

Postby lulukom; Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:27 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

+1!
For me, until now the creation of rules is not understandable thing, I do not understand these designations ..
And so I asked already Attila to make it possible to create rules using the MIDI keyboard! And make the input rules simple and understandable (and even faster))) Thanks!
lulukom
KVRist

Postby lulukom; Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:47 pm Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Addition to my previous post ...
And to make in the creation of rules the ability to choose chords from the chord palette!
Thank you !
lulukom
KVRist

Postby lulukom; Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:52 pm Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

And still a preview for the window of quick suggestions))
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

2027 posts since 9 Jan, 2010

Postby musicdevelopments; Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:57 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Hi magicmusic,

I am sorry I have not had the time yet to finish the Dorian rules by adding major/minor chords to it. It seems complete with the 7th's. As you figured it out, 'nextw' contains the weights in the same order as 'next', that contains the chords. This file can be edited manually if you know what you are doing.

These rules work with any note, that is why roman numerals are used.
The roman numbers are the scale degrees. E.g. for C major/minor/dorian/etc: I=C, II=D, III=E, etc. You can use sharp or flat if you want: #I or bVII. For other notes this is transposed. E.g. "Scarborough Fair" is D Dorian. So I=D, II=E, III=F, IV=G, V=A, VI=B, VII=C.
The chords in dorian mode are: Im, IIm, III, IV, Vm, VIm, VII
So if you want C->Dm, then it is translated to roman numerals as VII->Im. Dm->F is Im->III, Dm->G is Im->IV, Dm->Bb is Im->bVI (Bb is not part of the D dorian mode so you have to use a flat here), Dm->C is Im->VII.
Basically all these rules are in the file, you just need to remove the 7th from each chord. Like this one:

#Chord Progression Rules
#Default Dorian Scale Rules
this="start"; next="Im","IIm","IV","Vm"; nextw=100,10,80,50;
this="end"; next="Vm","IV","VII"; nextw=100,100,40;
this="Im"; next="III","IV","Vm","bVI","VIm","VII"; nextw=100,100,100,100,100,100;
this="IIm"; next="Vm","VII"; nextw=100,30;
this="III"; next="Im","IV","VIm"; nextw=80,40,100;
this="IV"; next="Vm","IIm","VII","Im"; nextw=100,50,30,100;
this="Vm"; next="Im","IV","VIm"; nextw=40,80,40;
this="bVI"; next="IIm","Vm"; nextw=100,40;
this="VIm"; next="IIm","Vm"; nextw=100,40;
this="VII"; next="Im","Vm"; nextw=100,40;

I even added I->bVI. I hope you'll find it useful.
Attila
http://www.musicdevelopments.com
Music Prototyping And Automated Composition Solutions
magicmusic
KVRian

615 posts since 11 Nov, 2013

Postby magicmusic; Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:56 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Hi Attila

thanks, this sound very good together. seem 7th chords are not so good in dorian
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Postby musicdevelopments; Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:36 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Thanks for the feedback, magicmusic. If you have improved/corrected the weights, I would like to include them in the file.
magicmusic
KVRian

Postby magicmusic; Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:24 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Hi Attila

i have try out some what sound good. But a problem i notice mostly is that when choose a chord in preview the chord generator transpose it and it sound diffrent to chord preview. there is no transpose info or so. When i move the chord generator phrase so it sound identical with chord preview on GM and then choose chord Bb then Bb (is a# i know) it sound diffrent when i click on chord phrase. Is it not possible that RC can change the chords in a track with chord generator that it sound identical to chord preview ?. its not octace diffrence. i can do a video if you wish, that show it
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Postby musicdevelopments; Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:51 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

lulukom wrote:And still a preview for the window of quick suggestions))

Hi lulukom,

preview in the quick suggestion pop-up should work well. Please note that the same preview settings are used as in "Chord Suggestions". Click on "more suggestions" and right click on the 'ear' icon in the top left corner to set how you want to preview the chords. You can use the 'chord preview' instrument, or the active track.

Thanks,
Attila
magicmusic
KVRian

Postby magicmusic; Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:28 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Hi Attila

I get in mind that it is possible to switch transpose off for chord generator in phrase settings too, and here can notice too, that the notes that play are diffrent in compare to the chord preview notes
lulukom
KVRist

Postby lulukom; Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:53 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Thank you, Attila, you are right - the preview in quick suggestions works well!))
Generally, quick suggestions is a great!
The fourth line is also possible: slash chords ... These are complex chords, which, as a rule, consist of two chords ... Well, you know))) It would be great !!! Thanks for your work !
Krovatin
KVRist

51 posts since 10 Mar, 2009

Postby Krovatin; Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:13 pm Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Hi, Attila. I am still experiensing crushes almost every time when my Reaper 5.40 (x64) connected with Rapid composer (now version 3.3b4 x64). It happening when I am opening file, saved earlier with RC as VST. I am little bit tired. I tryed to check everything you wrote me about - directory of .dll file, checked version of plugin etc.
It crashes every time during 3 months with different version of Reaper and RC. Please, tell me what to do with it.
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Postby musicdevelopments; Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:43 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Dear Krovatin,

will you please send me a simple Reaper project that will crash? I could quickly figure out what is wrong.
Please note that sometimes the beta version saves a newer version of the composition file format (e.g. when new features are added and saved) which an older RapidComposer (e.g. stable release) cannot read. But even in that case the program should not crash.
Other users have not complained about such crashes with the VST plug-in, so I really wonder what went wrong.

Thanks,
Attila
Krovatin
KVRist

Postby Krovatin; Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:46 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Hi, Attila
Please, find attached folder, as zip archive. I do not know where to find this untitled unsaved RC file, which should be in project, so I saved it and included it in folder (Strum2). IMHO, something happening when Reaper tried to open RC file, it is opening, I can see RC file, it is correct, but Reaper freezes.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Postby musicdevelopments; Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:33 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Hi Krovatin,

thank you for the sample project.
The Reaper project is loaded without crash on Windows and OS X using either the beta version or v3.22. Of course none of the VST plug-ins were loaded because I do not have them. All the phrases are there in RapidComposer.
However I found a problem with RapidComposer: when you use the RC VST plug-in, the application path is always reset to "/Applications/RapidComposer.app" in VSTLastAppPath.txt regardless of what it contained before. This could cause big confusion by the VST plug-in using an old version of RapidComposer, e.g. when you have several versions in /Application, e.g. RapidComposer3.22.app, RapidComposer3.3b4.app, etc. always RapidComposer.app was used.
I'll fix that and will send you an update.

Thanks,
Attila
Krovatin
KVRist

Postby Krovatin; Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:33 pm Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Hi, Attila, thanks for prompt reply. Just in case I am sending AppCrash txt file, may be it would help you. I have got plenty of them )).

Also, I could not find this path in my computer - /Applications/RapidComposer.app. Sorry, it is stupid question, I know.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PreviousNext

Moderator: musicdevelopments

Return to MusicDevelopments