Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise
lulukom
KVRist

466 posts since 30 Nov, 2013

Postby lulukom; Mon May 01, 2017 4:17 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

And there's something wrong with the graphicsImage
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

1993 posts since 9 Jan, 2010

Postby musicdevelopments; Mon May 01, 2017 8:34 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

lulukom wrote:Attila, I started from the terminal and saved the result as text.
Perhaps this will help ...

Yes, this is what I wanted... but the most important part is missing, when you quit RapidComposer. It will display "Cleaning up" and such messages. Hopefully I can figure out which step is hanging. OR did you actually close the window or selected Quit from the menu?

Thanks,
Attila
http://www.musicdevelopments.com
Music Prototyping And Automated Composition Solutions
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Postby musicdevelopments; Mon May 01, 2017 8:40 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

lulukom wrote:And there's something wrong with the graphics

I'll see what I can do with that. The Quick Suggestions popup is big when you prefer to display everything, especially if you use a bigger font size. In theory the small circle buttons are displayed above the chord while the Quick Suggestions popup is below the chord. However if it does not fit in the window, it is moved up and this is when you see things like that.

Thanks,
Attila
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Postby musicdevelopments; Mon May 01, 2017 8:46 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

lulukom wrote:problem report for RC / quit

Amazing, thanks! I managed to fix the crash on OS X. New beta is uploaded for OS X so it won't crash anymore.

lulukom wrote:I wonder why Chord builder does not have a chord 13 chords?

Now it does. :)
But it makes the quick suggestions popup even bigger. I think the buttons should be made smaller.
Please show everything only if you have a big screen area.
Thanks for all the feedback!

Thanks,
Attila
lulukom
KVRist

Postby lulukom; Mon May 01, 2017 11:33 pm Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Hello Attila!
Thanks for the corrections - now everything is much better!
Small suggestions:
1. During playback (in the loop) it is possible to use the chord bilder without stopping playback (in real time) ...
What can not be said about other items on the menu of offers (substitutions, borrowed chords, chords of scale), unfortunately ...
2. To switch to editing the next chord, you must close the window and open the window for the next chord. Maybe inside the window do the button "Close the window and go to the next chord"? OR TO PREVIOUS . + Shortcut.
Thank you .
Last edited by lulukom on Mon May 01, 2017 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
secondstep
KVRer

16 posts since 9 Dec, 2015

Postby secondstep; Mon May 01, 2017 11:47 pm Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

The make monophonic setting is very useful when i'am working on big orchestral scores.

Many thanks Attila.
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Postby musicdevelopments; Tue May 02, 2017 1:12 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

lulukom wrote:1. During playback (in the loop) it is possible to use the chord bilder without stopping playback (in real time) ...
What can not be said about other items on the menu of offers (substitutions, borrowed chords, chords of scale), unfortunately ...

Right, I will have to disable chord preview during playback, it seems to disturb playback.

lulukom wrote:2. To switch to editing the next chord, you must close the window and open the window for the next chord. Maybe inside the window do the button "Close the window and go to the next chord"? OR TO PREVIOUS . + Shortcut.

You don't have to close the window and open it again. When it is open, you can click directly on any chord on the master track to move the window there.

Thanks!
Attila
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Postby musicdevelopments; Tue May 02, 2017 1:27 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

secondstep wrote:The make monophonic setting is very useful when i'am working on big orchestral scores.

Many thanks Attila.

I am happy to hear that it is useful!
Thanks,
Attila
lulukom
KVRist

Postby lulukom; Tue May 02, 2017 1:28 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

lulukom wrote:
2. To switch to editing the next chord, you must close the window and open the window for the next chord. Maybe inside the window do the button "Close the window and go to the next chord"? OR TO PREVIOUS . + Shortcut.

You don't have to close the window and open it again. When it is open, you can click directly on any chord on the master track to move the window there.

Yes, you are right, but only I had to make the font size -1 .
Thanks
lulukom
KVRist

Postby lulukom; Tue May 02, 2017 3:04 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Attila!
Thank you very much for the chord builder!
Stunningly simple and convenient!
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Postby musicdevelopments; Mon May 08, 2017 10:45 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

I am glad you like it! I wasn't sure how useful it would be, but now I am happy that you sent me feedback.
Thanks!
Attila
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Postby musicdevelopments; Wed May 10, 2017 5:51 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

New beta version: RapidComposer v3.3b7

The latest version features a built-in tutorial, improvements in chord preview, and fixes for two bugs on OS X.

Changes:

• Quick start tutorial added
  • Preview 'note on' velocity can be set under Settings / Preview
  • Chord preview octave can be set under Settings / Preview (C3-C4 by default)
  • "Chord Preview Bass Range" moved from Settings / Miscellaneous to Settings / Preview
  • 13th notes displayed in chord builder
  • During playback only chord selection is allowed, chord preview is silent
  • [OS X] Fix deadlock/hanging
  • [OS X] Popup menu fix
lulukom
KVRist

Postby lulukom; Wed May 10, 2017 7:07 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Hello Attila!
Thanks for the new beta!
1. Sometimes it is still impossible to quit (if this is repeated,
I will send data from the terminal)
2. The builder of chords is a wonderful thing, but so far there is no preview (I want to listen to the chord that I'm building)
3. I'm interested in building (with the help of the chord builder) complex chords with the established chromatic scale ... And that's what I get!
But then the chord names in the master track turn out horribly long.
For example, 10 characters. I do not have any suggestions for this yet ...
It is possible to be able to designate a too long name by some special sign, for example "complex"?
Thank you.
Sincerely lulukom
lulukom
KVRist

Postby lulukom; Wed May 10, 2017 1:42 pm Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Attila!
There are still problems with crash programs related to drag and drop midi files in tracks ... I attached the report after crash.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lulukom
KVRist

Postby lulukom; Wed May 10, 2017 1:56 pm Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Attila!
What if we go back to talking about drawing a contour of the phrase range? Drawing music is an interesting activity!))
Thank you .
PreviousNext

Moderator: musicdevelopments

Return to MusicDevelopments