Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise
magicmusic
KVRian

574 posts since 11 Nov, 2013

Postby magicmusic; Sat May 13, 2017 5:59 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

musicdevelopments wrote:New beta version: RapidComposer v3.3b7

The latest version features a built-in tutorial, improvements in chord preview, and fixes for two bugs on OS X.

Changes:

• Quick start tutorial added
  • Preview 'note on' velocity can be set under Settings / Preview
  • Chord preview octave can be set under Settings / Preview (C3-C4 by default)

many thanks that you add selection if chord preview use c3. this let chord preview sound good with pads and use rootkey. but the added chords when press double click in a track are still add on C4. need transpose by hand

a small ideA to have the setting or maybe in future more together the title "Chord Preview Instrument" can change to Chord Preview settings. and in that title can add the preview octave too and the bass in "cHORD Bass preview settings"

Edit: and the chord builder, is there a realtime play of chord when click on a symbol ?
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

1993 posts since 9 Jan, 2010

Postby musicdevelopments; Sat May 13, 2017 6:35 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

magicmusic wrote:but the added chords when press double click in a track are still add on C4. need transpose by hand

Hello magicmusic,
Good point, I'll make it an option.

magicmusic wrote:a small ideA to have the setting or maybe in future more together the title "Chord Preview Instrument" can change to Chord Preview settings. and in that title can add the preview octave too and the bass in "cHORD Bass preview settings"

Yes, I will do that.

magicmusic wrote:Edit: and the chord builder, is there a realtime play of chord when click on a symbol ?

This will be implemented too. Thank you for the feedback!

Have a nice weekend!
Attila
http://www.musicdevelopments.com
Music Prototyping And Automated Composition Solutions
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Postby musicdevelopments; Sat May 13, 2017 7:18 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

RapidComposer beta v3.3b8 is available (Windows only)

Changes:

• [Windows] improvements in audio rendering (much faster wake-up of the rendering thread and faster rendering)
This fix was added because of a new Focusrite USB driver which did not behave well with RapidComposer. If audio was working well, you should not realize anything.
crossovercable
KVRist

179 posts since 26 May, 2014

Postby crossovercable; Mon May 15, 2017 1:23 pm Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

It would be good if you could get RC to receive the audio from ReWireVST as it works in other 32/64 Win/Mac apps to make non ReWire apps a ReWire Master. Don't worry if it's not something simple.

magicmusic
KVRian

Postby magicmusic; Tue May 16, 2017 6:38 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

is today rewire need, when can use virtual audio cable and virtual midi cable ?. when enable receive midi song position and midi start stop continue in RC let it play in sync to master. but too bad on my system i get no virtual audio cable working without crackle(but i can use digital out of realtec onboard and plug it to my soundblaster z digital in). maybe you have more luck virtual audio cable is free. maybe mac have such a solution too. if this work same good as rewire then rc need only a choose for a audio input that can route to audio output
lulukom
KVRist

466 posts since 30 Nov, 2013

Postby lulukom; Wed May 17, 2017 12:12 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Hello Attila!
Is it possible to do (maybe optional) so that when the phrase is erased, the controllers are also erased with it, but the rest of the track's events remained untouched?
Thank you .
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Postby musicdevelopments; Wed May 17, 2017 2:22 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Hi lulukom,
there will be a separate update dealing with MIDI controllers. I noted your request.
Probably this will work like this: if the controller events belong to the phrase, they will move and be deleted with the phrase. If those belong to a track, they will be unaffected by phrase changes. So phrase controllers override the track controllers.
Thanks!
Attila
lulukom
KVRist

Postby lulukom; Wed May 17, 2017 2:28 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

If in this solution the controllers will also move with phrases and especially quantize as a phrase note - this will be a very important update. Thank you, good resolved...
lulukom
KVRist

Postby lulukom; Wed May 17, 2017 2:38 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

And, yes, it seems to me very important to separate the belonging
  events (controllers in particular) phrases and tracks!
magicmusic
KVRian

Postby magicmusic; Thu May 18, 2017 3:00 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

There is a MPE extension out that allow notes to have pitch bends that can move and copy with notes. maybe it is not much work to implement or your new controller support can design so in future is more easy to add this too in RC. currently only some DAW VSTi support it. I do this suggestion on ample sound too with the links. i see not how it is in other DAW implment, only tracktion waveform i see that every note can get controller and pitch curves. and when move the note, the curve move too.

https://support.roli.com/article/mpe-co ... thesisers/
http://expressiveness.org/2015/04/24/mi ... ession-mpe
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Postby musicdevelopments; Thu May 18, 2017 5:07 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Amazing, magicmusic! Why didn't I know about this earlier?
I wanted to do the same, assigning pitch-bent notes to their own channel. I did not know that this trick is already used.
Thanks!
Attila
lulukom
KVRist

Postby lulukom; Thu May 18, 2017 5:26 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

I do not know about this module, but I know for sure that my DAW (DP 9) allows you to do with any data (both notes and controllers)
anything you like, anywhere and anytime! This includes copying, moving, quantizing and many more things ... In this RC is still losing, although it has many functions that are not available anywhere!
Thank you !
MarcN58T
KVRer

11 posts since 20 Mar, 2017

Postby MarcN58T; Sat May 20, 2017 2:55 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

So I got Ample Guitar M Lite II, and it's quite good for a free guitar plugin. It does load into RC, but I have to manually add the notes and make sure the notes region is absolute. Do you think there's an easier way to program Ample Guitar's strums by editing its MIDI region independently of RC's chord conformity? Every track I make always conform to RC's chord rules, so there has to be a way for special programs that maps MIDI to certain functions to be integrated and edited easily within RC.
magicmusic
KVRian

Postby magicmusic; Sat May 20, 2017 6:05 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

chord conformaty you get partly which sound often good together with that trick, when you have a chord select note in a RC phrase at C3 to be relative. dont use other note. the pattern select notes that appear on c4 upto c5 you need set to absolute. i mostly use not the strummer, i set strum notes at c5 and above in RC phrase. here can create a strum patterns ( so you need not load diffrent patterns in ample guitar). all patterns are store in a RC phrase. the
c5 is strum up d5 strum down F5 mute strum. f#5 g5 A5 are other mute strums. i did not know in name, i just use one that sound good.
I often use pow2 powerchords for AME distortion guitar. with this trick its possible that the distortion power chords sound good and you can use additional string or soft pad chords that not sound good with distortion but sound fatter on non distortion sounds. c3 is slot 13 in ample strummer for chords

maybe when RC can enhance that it is possible to set note names too in articulation maps, then can give the real name, and see on left side the name of the note action( strum up strum down mute and other)
MarcN58T
KVRer

11 posts since 20 Mar, 2017

Postby MarcN58T; Sat May 20, 2017 6:39 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

OK.

Here's the question. How can I create a region with absolute notes?
PreviousNext

Moderator: musicdevelopments

Return to MusicDevelopments