v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer RapidComposer LE

when press right mouse button over note the note setting open, then you can change note to absolute. set that a range have only absolute notes is maybe possible when do a articulation map. but then the entries appear in articulations popup, but they are none. instead of create new note better duplicate a existing absolute note you create once, so you need not change to absolute
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

You can have phrase with 'absolute' notes. What is more you can have both 'absolute' and 'relative' notes in the same phrase.
In the Phrase Editor (sorry for the typo in the text):

Or convert a whole phrase to 'absolute':

But what you need is articulations. It is easy to edit a rcCTRL file in a text editor, you can find examples in Documents/RapidComposerV3/DB, e.g. Garritan Personal Orchestra.rcCTRL which has examples for both key-switch and controller events.
Earlier I prepared such an articulation file for AmpleSound Acoustic & Electric Basses. If you want, I can send you that file, which you can modify.

Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

I notice that when press in phrase editor "add to clipboard" and whish paste on a track (same RC)this not paste the correct phrase, when the function Allow Copy/paste between 2 rc apps is enable

when play a loop in phrase editor (press the play button and loop is on) and switch to composer, is it not better, when the play in phrase editor is stop when switch ?. currently i need press stop in phrase editor additional. play in phrase editor can not control with space key

Hmm, I think I'm still noob, but since I haven't explored articulations yet in RC, I'd probably need to test out AGML2 in RC again, and see how it goes.

agml2 is the free version, i have too install. articulations seem not usefull. see screenshot. notes at c5 and higher create the strum pattern. you can copy and move the notes as in screenshot or modify them to hear that you can create patterns this way. see the note at C3 it is the only note that change in RC depend on RC chords. when you have such a phrase in RC song, the lowest note is move depend on chords, but the note at C5 need always same. in agml2 strummer need switch on.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

magicmusic wrote:is today rewire need, when can use virtual audio cable and virtual midi cable ?. when enable receive midi song position and midi start stop continue in RC let it play in sync to master. but too bad on my system i get no virtual audio cable working without crackle(but i can use digital out of realtec onboard and plug it to my soundblaster z digital in). maybe you have more luck virtual audio cable is free. maybe mac have such a solution too. if this work same good as rewire then rc need only a choose for a audio input that can route to audio output
If you are using windows and ASIO driver, like asio4all, all you have to do get rid of the crackle is open the ASIO driver from your device system tray and minimize it again. This resets the buffers. Usually setting your buffer to about 256 should work too. It's annoying and happens to me a lot, but, that is how it fixes.

Hi Everybody,

I'm a new user of RC and am currently trying to learn how to use RC in my composition workflow. I want first to thanks Attila : It has been a long time since I looked for such a program ! Meanwhile, I think it will take some time for me to be at ease with it.
In my idea, RC have to be a tool that can convert quickly my musical ideas into midi draft. For now, I'm mainly struggling, but I'm confident ! Keep up the good job :)

I think I found somme bugs :
1 - Rythm 'Drag and drop' freeze RC when option 'Open browsers in separate windows' is choosed (Settings / Miscellaneous / Inspectors and browsers).
2 - Create a new composition / Open composition structure panel / In part 1 add a new line (line 2) / Right click and rename line 2 the same name as line 1 -> freeze
3 - Create a new track (there's an expression slider) / Right click : Show midi controllers / Add expression / Click on the eye to see the slider -> we've got two expression sliders :D !

Best regards
Gotacki
Gotacki

Hello again,

Style discovering RC and I think I've found a new bug :
- New composition
- Snap and grid on 1/4
- Double click on the first bar to create a chord. Make it two beat long and place it at the begining.
- Right click / 'Repeat phrase until the end of ' 'line'
- Now, go on the track and right click / Track variation / Add 'Join notes'
- Try to move/resize some chords generators, they will have a strange behavior.
- remove the Track variation 'Join notes' -> Still strange behaviour (try to resize some) !!

By the way, I love (really !) the 'Join notes' variation, it's so cool for strings and voicings !

Cheers,
Gotacki

Ah, and it's would be very convenient to have an option :
- Open Composition structure panel in a separate windows + always on top.

:love:
(yes, I'm on RC at full time today)

ps : - <Esc> key not working for muting/panic (windows 8). In settings panel, trying to re-enter <esc> key in keyboard shortcuts doesn't work (pressing <esc> does nothing).
Gotacki

Windows 8, not windows 8) ! :wink:
Gotacki

Hi Gotacki,

welcome to this forum! :)
Thank you for your posts, I am investigating the issues in them.
1 - Rythm 'Drag and drop' freeze RC when option 'Open browsers in separate windows' is choosed
Hm. I could not reproduce this on Windows 10. (I do not have access to Windows 8 )
2 - Create a new composition / Open composition structure panel / In part 1 add a new line (line 2) / Right click and rename line 2 the same name as line 1 -> freeze
I tried it on both Windows and OS X and there was a message "Name already used, rename failed" but no freeze :(
3 - Create a new track (there's an expression slider) / Right click : Show midi controllers / Add expression / Click on the eye to see the slider -> we've got two expression sliders :D !
How did you add the 2nd Expression when it is disabled in the menu? (I tried on Windows 10 and OS X)
It should be greyed in the menu, as it makes no sense to add a 2nd Expression.
Windows 8 seems to behave strangely...

Thanks!
Attila

Gotacki wrote:By the way, I love (really !) the 'Join notes' variation, it's so cool for strings and voicings !
Cheers,
What you see is the complex interaction between resizing a phrase and 'join notes' applied to it. Sometimes it does not seem logical, but during scaling a phrase, notes may jump to the next chord. Notes use the master track chord at their starting position.

You are right, 'Join Notes' is very useful.
Make sure you read the following trick about creating a harmony track that is automatically updated when the master track chords change, using 'Join Notes' of course:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 5&t=480338

Thanks,
Attila

Gotacki wrote:Ah, and it's would be very convenient to have an option :
- Open Composition structure panel in a separate windows + always on top.
Yes, this is planned in a future version.
Gotacki wrote:ps : - <Esc> key not working for muting/panic (windows 8). In settings panel, trying to re-enter <esc> key in keyboard shortcuts doesn't work (pressing <esc> does nothing).
You are right, this stopped working in the last beta version. I fixed this today.

Thanks!
Attila

Hi,

Thank a lot for your answers and the track harmony tutorial, that's most handy !

I am currently checking RC on another computer (windows 10 this time :) ).

- I still have the Rythm 'Drag and drop' freeze RC when option 'Open browsers in separate windows' is choosed but only when the rythm separate window is outside the RC windows (when it's inside the RC windows, it works perfectly)

- For the freezing when naming a line. I must apologize ! it occurs past the third line (the second line send the correct 'name already used' message). So, create a new composition / Open composition structure panel / In part 1 add a new line (line 2) / add a new line (line 3) / Right click and rename line 3 'line 1' and press <enter> -> freeze (at last on my computer :) )

- About the double 'expression' sliders : I think I have understand ! The first one is a variation slider and the second one is the Track midi controller, I must have got confused.
Still, when you enter a variation 'expression' and a midi controller 'expression' sliders, they look most alike.

Best regards,
Gotacki
Gotacki

MarcN58T wrote:Hmm, I think I'm still noob, but since I haven't explored articulations yet in RC, I'd probably need to test out AGML2 in RC again, and see how it goes.
There's a control set here for the Ample Guitars http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 5&t=482187

Can you use Ample Guitar Lite in chord recognition mode to read the chords made by RC then just add the keyswitches to the chord phrases to change the pattern.

Return to “MusicDevelopments”