v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer RapidComposer LE

A well deserved rest :tu:

We all appreciate you very much ! have 4 weeks off not just 2 again 8) 8) 8) 8)

Thanks guys! :)
I am back with more energy than before...
Attila

When I add Rapid Composer v3.3b10 as a VST in Reaper or SONAR if I add a phrase (just the generic generator is fine) then right click and select that phrase (more than one phrase is also fine) then in the Phrase menu select the gear and pick "Harmonize Melody..." , just hit the Auto-Harmonize with the default options. I then get a new track with the harmony. If I right click that new track at the track tab and bring up it's Track menu it's not assigned to an Instrument and the Channel is Auto Assigned (255). If I use the Instrument select drop down there is only the VST choice, but when I select it Rapid Composer crashes. Is this just me?
-Matt

msorrels wrote:When I add Rapid Composer v3.3b10 as a VST in Reaper or SONAR if I add a phrase (just the generic generator is fine) then right click and select that phrase (more than one phrase is also fine) then in the Phrase menu select the gear and pick "Harmonize Melody..." , just hit the Auto-Harmonize with the default options. I then get a new track with the harmony. If I right click that new track at the track tab and bring up it's Track menu it's not assigned to an Instrument and the Channel is Auto Assigned (255). If I use the Instrument select drop down there is only the VST choice, but when I select it Rapid Composer crashes. Is this just me?
No not just you! Try changing the channel first then try vst. That workarou d works for me.
MXLinux21, 16 Gig RAM, Intel i7 Quad 3.9, Reaper 6.42, Behringer 204HD or Win7 Steinberg MR816x

Thanks for the feedback! This bug was fixed today.
Next, the silent first note issue will be checked that occurs with VST loops.
Thanks,
Attila

Any word on the silent first note VST loop problem?

Same question, same reply:

Yes, I am finishing the next beta version (lots of changes) and the next task will be fixing this bug. This issue is top priority.
I expect there will be a fix in the next 3-4 days.
Thanks for your patience.
Attila

Hi Attila! Is it currently possible to use a midi controller to regenerate all phrase generators / idea tool? I would like to use an external midi controller to come up with new chords and patterns on the spot if possible by the push of a button. I would like to step away from the computer while producing but still use it's functions externally from a midi controller. Randomization is key to my production modality of moving to a random new point and then fine tuning to preference. Thank you very much for reading this.

Also, in the future, the exact random seed to used to generate would be nice to increment and decrement one at a time, as if along a number line. That way I can move back and forth along the random seed linearly (in case I missed one I can go back).

:)
SLH - Yes, I am a woman, deal with it.

Very good requests... It is not yet possible to use MIDI controllers for regeneration and for controlling the UI, this is planned in the next versions.

It is a good idea to display and increment the random seed so that you can return to a previous state. I added both to my to-do list.

Thanks!
Attila

RapidComposer beta v3.3b11 is available!

Dear Friends,

Lots of work was done in the last 2 months since the last beta version. The chord palette (now called Chord Selector) has been rewritten from scratch with better UI and amazing flexibility. The Progression Editor tab was removed because from now progressions are edited in the Chord Selector. It is possible to use borrowed chords in generated chord progression, which can make very interesting ones. Previewing phrases in the browser also happens in the Chord Selector, and one-click preview was implemented. So there are MANY changes. The only part that is not yet finished is the 'Palette' in the chord selector, which will be done in the next 1-2 weeks.

I tested this version a lot, and fixed all bugs that I found so I don't expect that you will run into serious problems. As usual, please send feedback in this topic.

Changes:
  • Redesign of Chord Selector, Chord Builder and Circle of Fifths added
  • New, improved progression editor built into the Chord Selector, "Progression Editor" tab was removed
  • One-click phrase preview can be activated at the top of the phrase browser ('play' icon)
  • The chord progression generator can use borrowed chords for more interesting progressions
  • Absolute notes can be added in Note Editing mode or in the Phrase Editor. A bug was fixed in Note Editing mode.
  • Fixed sample composition files (chords fixed, drum maps used, chord rules set)
  • Fixed issue when selecting "Root" as the bass note in the master track inspector
  • [VST] Fixed crashing bug when adding a harmony track when using Auto-Harmonize
  • [VST] Fixed silent first notes when looping
(v3.3 will be released on September 4, but all owners can access the new features in the beta versions)

I'm still seeing the loop bug in SONAR, but it does seem to work correctly in Reaper now.
-Matt

I also can't seem to get v3.3b11 to let me re-use Kontakt in more than one track. But I'll admit I haven't tried doing this in a long, long while. I may not have correctly set the option. In the Settings->VSTi pannel the check box for "Load once; plug-in handles multiple MIDI channels" doesn't seem to work on a per-plugin basis, it acts like a global (on for everyone or off for everyone) but no matter what it's set to I can't seem to "re-use" an instrument. This is in the standalone version. How is this supposed to work?
-Matt

msorrels wrote:I'm still seeing the loop bug in SONAR, but it does seem to work correctly in Reaper now.
According to the latest info: Cakewalk will include a fix in the next version of Sonar. That is all I know. I do not know which version, and when.

Thanks,
Attila

msorrels wrote:I also can't seem to get v3.3b11 to let me re-use Kontakt in more than one track. But I'll admit I haven't tried doing this in a long, long while. I may not have correctly set the option. In the Settings->VSTi pannel the check box for "Load once; plug-in handles multiple MIDI channels" doesn't seem to work on a per-plugin basis, it acts like a global (on for everyone or off for everyone) but no matter what it's set to I can't seem to "re-use" an instrument. This is in the standalone version. How is this supposed to work?
Hi Matt,

Good question. The VST configuration will be reworked in the next version.
The "Load once; plug-in handles multiple MIDI channels" checkbox applies only at the time of adding a plug-in to the list. So the checkbox belongs to the "Add" button. I realize this is a bit confusing. :oops:

Look for the text file called "Kontakt 5.rcINST" in Documents\RapidComposerV3\DB and open it in a text editor. Find "create_new_instance=" in it. If you see "create_new_instance=1", that means a new Kontakt VST plug-in will be loaded (or instantiated if it is already loaded) for each track that uses the Kontakt instrument. This is probably not what you want, it is better to use one Kontakt for all tracks. In this case you need to change it to "create_new_instance=0" and save the file. Next time RC starts everything should work as expected.

Thanks,
Attila

Return to “MusicDevelopments”