v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer RapidComposer LE

I like too merge line sections, and maybe it is easy possible to add repeat count to line in structure browser. so for example Part 2 Line 1 can play 2 or more times
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

Hello Attila!
Tell me please ...
When I drag the chord progression from the chord selector to the master track, how can I know how long each chord will be in the master track?
What determines the length of each chord after the progression is generated and I am ready to drag it to the master track?
And I ask to make one more keyboard command: "generate a progression and immediately place on the master track." Of course in the process of playing a loop!
Thank you

lulukom wrote:When I drag the chord progression from the chord selector to the master track, how can I know how long each chord will be in the master track?
The easiest thing to do is select some time in the timeline, and then drag the chord progression to it. The chords will be pretty close to evenly spaced... If it's 4 bars and 4 chords, it'll be one bar per chord. If it's 4 bars and 5 chords, it'll place two chords in one of the bars. At that point, it's easy enough to adjust the lengths if the split isn't where you want it.

I notice that the size that is used for drag chords depend on line size of current line(from structure browser) so no need to select a time range. if you have arrange chords on master track you can click on a chord (on master track)and then you get in "for master track" chord selector previous and next buttons. so you can change the chord you want modify with this. i use prev next buttons more

Hello Attila!
I know that our new proposals do not let you calmly finish version 3.3)))
But nevertheless, I still want to know: could you add an update to the midi import window: on which track and in which particular position to import the midi file.
I have now imported a midi file (bass phrases) and always have a new track and position at the beginning of the track as a result. It would be nice to immediately determine the location in which the file will be imported (position and track).
Thank you .
Sincerely lulukom

+1
"..What is simple, is simply seen.."

For midi file input, maybe it is possible too to show midi files in phrase browser too, so can drag and drop them at place they should go and it can search for name in browser and with new phrase preview midi file can preview too. this way can use single channel midi files direct.

Yes, good idea, I wanted to add a MIDI file browser where you can add folders of MIDI files. All sorts of useful information will be displayed (tempo, signature, length, number of tracks, scale/chords detected, etc).
I'll see what I can do to improve MIDI import.
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

A own midi file browser is best solution, but more work. I get idea of a quick solution, for midi import. when add another button in midi import "import to clipboard" can to solve the problem. the midi can then with paste command put anywhere in the composition

Very interesting, magicmusic, thank you :)
Attila

What is wrong with dropping a MIDI file in the middle of a track, where you prefer?
This works on OS X and Windows with beta12, I just checked.
I thought you were complaining about this feature stopped working.
Attila

Hi Attila

You mean when drag a file from a windows file browser. or i understand wrong ?. this work, but the phrase contain then absolute notes. so it is lots work to change it to fit to a chord. only good for drum tracks

I see! You are right!
Thanks,
Attila

I hope you will be satisfied with the following solution.
You will find a new setting under "MIDI Drag&Drop" (Settings / Miscellaneous).

You can make RapidComposer convert the dropped MIDI file to chord-relative automatically. There are 3 options: leave all notes absolute, convert only 1-track MIDI files but not multi-track files, or convert all non-percussion tracks to chord relative. I realize most phrases are in short 1-track MIDI files, so that is the default option. E.g. I dropped a Dsus4 phrase from a MIDI file to under an Em chord:

So it seems to work well. I'll upload a new beta version today, please check this new function.

Thanks,
Attila

RapidComposer v3.3b13 is available!

Things look good for the v3.3 release at the beginning of September.

Changes:
  • Chord Suggestions dialog uses the new chord buttons and the same coloring and preview options as the chord palette
  • It is possible to automatically convert the dropped MIDI file to chord-relative form. See "MIDI Drag&Drop" under Settings / Miscellaneous.
  • Fixed bug when there were less chords than expected during chord progression generation
  • "Generate progression" button placed next to "Preview" in Chord Selector
  • Keyboard shortcuts defined for chord progression generate, preview, generate&preview
  • Under the hood: UI element layout optimization
  • Stability improvements

Return to “MusicDevelopments”