v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer RapidComposer LE

Hi Attila

thanks for update. Now midi drag and drop do always relative notes even if i do drag and drop from jamstix to RC. the setting leave as absolute do not help. always relative. I have too drum.mid files, they are too convert to relative. i

Is it not possible to use a Hotkey, for example when CTRL key is press when mouse button is release to drop the phrase it is convert to relative or absolute ?
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

+1
"..What is simple, is simply seen.."

+1

New shortcuts for generating progressions do not work for me or the crash program ..

I'll check this, thanks for reporting. It worked on Windows.
The MIDI file drop is already fixed and implemented by having to press the Ctrl key if you want to insert a relative phrase. This is indeed much better than the previous solution.

Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

RapidComposer v3.3b14 is available!

Changes:
  • Removed "MIDI Drag&Drop" under Settings / Miscellaneous. Hold down Ctrl key to drop MIDI files as 'chord-relative'
  • Default keyboard shortcuts removed from chord progression generate, preview, generate&preview. You can define your own shortcuts if you want.
  • [macOS] Fixed non-working shortcuts (and possible crash) in the Chord Selector

Thank you, Attila, for the new beta!
It's very well thought out - to drag the midi file with CTRL !
Now about the loop for preview ...
You can go in two ways:
1. Make a loop to preview
2. But, it seems to me, the second way is better -
Let previews will be on a master track (loop already cycle regulation and is also available) - but WITH THE POSSIBILITY OF CANCELLATION OF RESULTS of the generation of progress in the master track or saved to the master track, or saving to the browser!
Thank you !

And still I have only visual changes on Mac OS (but not audible) when using a chord selector, provided that loop is less than 1 bar (1.1 - 2.1). If the cycle is longer than 1 bar - everything can be seen and heard perfectly ...

I am sorry, I am not able to reproduce this. I made a loop from 1.1 to 1.3 and changed the chord in the Chord Selector. It was OK both visually and soundwise on macOS.

Other features, like loop for preview, or previewing a progression using the actual track contents, assigning length to chords in a progression will come later. I want everybody to use v3.3 because the previous major update was a long time ago (spring) and this is indeed a big improvement. To be honest I was feeling ashamed how awkwardly the chord selection was implemented before.

Thanks,
Attila

Hello Attila!
Thanks for the answer !
I'll try to make a video with a sound the other day so that you will be convinced that I did not invent the problem)
Thank you .

Hello lulukom,

I did not think that you fabricated this bug. It may appear as a result of several rare conditions. Some bugs are really hard to reproduce. If you send me an e-mail with the file that I can use to reproduce the problem, that would be wonderful.

Thanks,
Attila

Hi Attila and lulukom

I made a video that show that it work. seem a not easy to see problem that happen only on some setting or maybe you use phrase variation delay or something. i do a video with a new song and add a phrase chord generator 1 bar and you can see what setting it have. lulukom does such example work by you ?

Attila can you please look at this video too. there can see that the chords from chord generator sound diffrent to chord preview when preview play root position is disable. I like sound without play root position much more. To find good sounding chord progressions it is usefeull when the following 3 note or 4 note chord differ only in 1 or 2 notes to previous chord. this happen more often when play root position is disable. so sound better. maybe the chord generator can get a setting that it work in same way as chord preview without play root position enable. BTW: maybe it is possible for a alogrithm to offer chords in chord suggestions that are only 1 note diffrent to previous chord.
Edit video delete not need anymore
Last edited by magicmusic on Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

Yes, Attila, try to manipulate the chord selector with such a loop setup.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Now I see that it is wrong! Thanks for the file, lulukom!

Hi magicmusic,

I know what you mean and I will try to find a solution. There are some questions that I am not sure about the answers for. The previewed chord differs from the selected/stored chord because generally chords should have
- an inversion
- length (this is planned for a while but does not belong to this question)
- and maybe an octave stored with it to sound the same as the preview.

However I am not sure if it is a good idea to store an inversion and octave with the chord. I find it more logical when you arrange the phrases in the tracks to have a smooth voice leading, e.g. by using 'magnets'. So it is not the master track chords that has to specify inversion/voicing but the tracks and phrases themselves. Each track has to interpret the master track chords, e.g. an 'acoustic guitar' track should use 6-string voicing for a simple minor chord, or a 'slow strings' phrase may use layered, complex voicing with a chord note in the bass. So I think it is not the master track that must offer voicing options.

In the next update v3.4 (for beta users much earlier) you will be able to select a chord voicing (and smooth voice leading optionally) for a track, which phrases may override. I am planning a nice visual editor for editing voicings.

I also plan to replace the current simple chord preview with a better voice-lead preview.

Thanks,
Attila

Return to “MusicDevelopments”