Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise
padillac
KVRist

487 posts since 27 Nov, 2011

Postby padillac; Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:35 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

btw somewhere in the last beta or two it's gotten a LOT more stable... it used to crash on me every 5-10 minutes, but the latest beta has not crashed once :tu:
lulukom
KVRian

526 posts since 30 Nov, 2013

Postby lulukom; Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:11 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Hello Attila!
I'll try to suggest another improvement for the function of the drag and drop MIDI file on the track.
I would be happy if by dragging the midi file onto the track (I mean MIDI file with chords) it was possible to get the chords of this midi file on the master track!
A great opportunity to quickly get master track chords from the chord MIDI file!!
Well, for example, dragging, with Alt + Сmd pressed ...
Thank you !
PS Automatic trimming when dragging a midi file is great!
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

2121 posts since 9 Jan, 2010

Postby musicdevelopments; Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:16 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

padillac wrote:btw somewhere in the last beta or two it's gotten a LOT more stable... it used to crash on me every 5-10 minutes, but the latest beta has not crashed once :tu:

Thank you for the useful comment! I reworked something that worked (mostly) but was not 100% correctly done. I just cannot afford such potential issues. Now I am certain that everything is better now :)

Attila
http://www.musicdevelopments.com
Music Prototyping And Automated Composition Solutions
magicmusic
KVRian

731 posts since 11 Nov, 2013

Postby magicmusic; Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:26 pm Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

lulukom wrote:Hello Attila!
I'll try to suggest another improvement for the function of the drag and drop MIDI file on the track.
I would be happy if by dragging the midi file onto the track (I mean MIDI file with chords) it was possible to get the chords of this midi file on the master track!
A great opportunity to quickly get master track chords from the chord MIDI file!!
Well, for example, dragging, with Alt + Сmd pressed ...
Thank you !
PS Automatic trimming when dragging a midi file is great!

or jump when alt+command is press to the import page so can choose options and when click import into current position, it import on the position where drag. when drag a multi channel midi the import page can open without keys, to choose which track should import
lulukom
KVRian

Postby lulukom; Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:24 pm Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Yes, a good addition!
magicmusic
KVRian

Postby magicmusic; Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:23 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Hi Attila

I think it is usefull when VST plugin window can make transparent(win 10). Must this the DAW do or can the plugin do it too ?

see window below VST a little is usefull when see a frequency curve of a headphone or a speaker in below window, this can draw very easy in a Freeform EQ. without see below window this is very hard. and so you can hear how your mix sound on this speaker or headphone
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Postby musicdevelopments; Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:25 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Hi magicmusic,

will you send me a screenshot about the transparent window? The way it works: the plugin creates a suitable window for its contents. The VST host has no direct control over this window, it just sends an 'open' or 'close' command to the plug-in.

Thanks,
Attila
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Postby musicdevelopments; Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:31 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

RapidComposer Last Beta v3.3b16 is available!

I need some help with this. I hate making big changes just one week before the release but text editing had to be reworked on both Windows and OS X as it worked unreliably sometimes. Will you please download this beta version and check if text editing works for you? Thank you :hail:

Changes:

• "Do not show Quick Suggestions when Chord Selector is open" option in the Quick Suggestions menu
  • Text editing completely reworked
  • It is possible to drop MIDI files on the master track to replace the chords
lulukom
KVRian

Postby lulukom; Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:57 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

deleted
:wink:
Last edited by lulukom on Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
magicmusic
KVRian

Postby magicmusic; Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:59 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

musicdevelopments wrote:Hi magicmusic,

will you send me a screenshot about the transparent window? The way it works: the plugin creates a suitable window for its contents. The VST host has no direct control over this window, it just sends an 'open' or 'close' command to the plug-in.

Thanks,
Attila

Hi Attila

thanks for answer, now its clear that the plugin developer need do that. i have no plugin with transparent window, but hopefully somebody do a freeform EQ which can be transparent, or allow load in of jpg image
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Postby musicdevelopments; Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:18 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

lulukom wrote:
It is possible to drop MIDI files on the master track to replace the chords

Hello Attila!
I am very happy !
But ...
How it works ?

Hello lulukom,

You drag a midi file over the master track as on this picture:

On OS X the text position should be fixed.
If there is a problem please let me know.
EDIT: I realized there is an issue during dragging when the composition is scrolled horizontally. It is already fixed. And the label position on OS X is also fixed.

Thanks,
Attila
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Postby musicdevelopments; Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:34 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Is text editing working well for my dear beta testers (typing title/composer, timecode, double-clicking on track name, etc)?
Thanks!
Attila
lulukom
KVRian

Postby lulukom; Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:52 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

deleted
Last edited by lulukom on Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Postby musicdevelopments; Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:25 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

So when you release the mouse button, the chords are not inserted? I have tried this on OS X and it worked.
Can you try a short and simple MIDI file?
lulukom
KVRian

Postby lulukom; Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:49 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Hello Attila!
Yes, thanks, all the new add-ons are working!
Last edited by lulukom on Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PreviousNext

Moderator: musicdevelopments

Return to MusicDevelopments