Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise
nexussynth
KVRist

487 posts since 31 Dec, 2003

Postby nexussynth; Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:12 pm Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

+1
"..What is simple, is simply seen.."
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

2182 posts since 9 Jan, 2010

Postby musicdevelopments; Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:25 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Thank you! :oops: I am doing my best to make everyone happy with RapidComposer... This is easy because I get so much support from the community, from you all. So, thanks again! :hug:

Attila
http://www.musicdevelopments.com
Music Prototyping And Automated Composition Solutions
crossovercable
KVRist

214 posts since 26 May, 2014

Postby crossovercable; Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:20 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

1.) Is there a way to get the Absolute notes in a phrase to lock from up/down movement ?

2.) It might work better also if you can get it to scroll while selecting a lot of notes rather than having to zoom right in the select them all, but there may be a setting for this I have missed ?

crossovercable
KVRist

Postby crossovercable; Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:54 pm Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Also, if I want to Octave the phrase the absolute switches move out:

crossovercable
KVRist

Postby crossovercable; Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:37 pm Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Also in note edit mode or phrase editor you need to be able to move the note up or down only without it going out of sync as the cursor up/down will only snap to chord/scale and not move a half step only, so you need to be able to hold a key when moving to stop it moving left/right also especially @ a high resolution.

crossovercable
KVRist

Postby crossovercable; Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:37 pm Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Maybe you could have a "Lock Selected Notes" "Unlock Selected Notes"
at the bottom and change half the color to indicate "Locked" ???

musicdevelopments
KVRAF

2182 posts since 9 Jan, 2010

Postby musicdevelopments; Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:22 pm Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Great suggestions, crossovercable!
Do you mean the "locked" notes shall not be transposed? That would be easy to add.
Please give me some time.
BTW I fixed the missing "note offs" for keyswitches. I expect a new beta version in about 2-3 days.

Thanks,
Attila
http://www.musicdevelopments.com
Music Prototyping And Automated Composition Solutions
crossovercable
KVRist

Postby crossovercable; Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:34 pm Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Woo Hoo !!
Yes "Locked" will not transpose, so as you move the phrase left/right up/down they will stay on the note they are locked to.
Take your time don't rush, much appreciated.
crossovercable
KVRist

Postby crossovercable; Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:53 pm Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Another thing, I was just working with the main window resized and the chord entry window covers the master track, maybe you could scale it or float it outside the main ? But don't worry if it's a problem.

lulukom
KVRian

556 posts since 30 Nov, 2013

Postby lulukom; Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:55 pm Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

+1
lulukom
KVRian

556 posts since 30 Nov, 2013

Postby lulukom; Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:37 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Hello Attila!
At me too the next offer ...
We all know that by default red color is allocated "Out of Scale" and "Out of (Master) Chords"...
It takes time to think: how to fix mistakes? Where to move notes? What chords to choose?
Red is always a problem of theory and practice))
Interactive automation is the current trend!
I propose to make a Great Wonder-Button, which will be called, for example ...
"Global Adjustment" !
This button will be globally in theory (and of course at once practically)
adjust the chords to the tonality and note to the scales(applicable to the whole composition or selected area) ,
i.e. corrects mistakes the way a music theory teacher does when he checks students ...
I think this would help a lot of different users!
I'm probably referring to the movement and adjustment of notes and chords to the nearest notes, which correspond to the basic key ...
Why not ? All similar algorithms of the program are already created!
A huge number of people do not know the theory of music, and musicians often do not have time for research ...
But everyone needs a theoretically irreproachable result!
"Global Adjustment" !
Thank you .
secondstep
KVRer

25 posts since 9 Dec, 2015

Postby secondstep; Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:13 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Just checked out your new website , Attila.Very slick ! And is much easier to navigate than the old one , well done hope it brings you a lot of new customers :tu:

Sean
Boone777
KVRian

518 posts since 8 Aug, 2011

Postby Boone777; Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:46 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

crossovercable wrote:Maybe you could have a "Lock Selected Notes" "Unlock Selected Notes"
at the bottom and change half the color to indicate "Locked" ???

Along these lines: When I drag a phrase on a track it does'nt snap correctly to where I put it. Any reason for this ?
It would tidy things up for it to snap according to snap setting.

Win 7, 64Bit, 16 Gig RAM, Intel i7 Quad 3.9, Reaper, Steinberg MR816x
msorrels
KVRist

211 posts since 30 Oct, 2002

Postby msorrels; Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:46 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

This isn't that big a deal but my new Motor keyboard shows up with the wrong characters in the settings panel (beta 3.4b2). Yes, it has a umlaut in the MIDI driver name. It shows correctly in the drop down, but when you pick it, the display isn't correct.

Here is the drop down:
-Matt
msorrels
KVRist

211 posts since 30 Oct, 2002

Postby msorrels; Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:57 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

I'm still seeing all kinds of strange things with Harmonize Melody(including at least one crash). If I start stand-alone beta 3.4b2 select the default track and the Strings Staccato Generator and hit 'f' then select all the phrases and go to the gear option and pick Harmonize Melody, just leave the default options and hit Auto-Harmonize, I get the warning about no solution but it makes the harmony track with plain chords. That new track is assigned to the default MIDI out (rather than using a SF2) but if I change it to SF2 Pads and hit play the first track is no longer a piano it's the pad. I have to change it back to get it to start playing with the SF2 piano.
-Matt
PreviousNext

Moderator: musicdevelopments

Return to MusicDevelopments